Larrell Murchison back to IR.. FIRST day back.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
errrr, what? So we've had two media people say opposite things now.
Honestly, after reading the rules I'm not sure why they were initially saying he would not count.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-injured-reserve-pup-list-07369696d0a0c5a91f89ec9eea255a5d

If a player is placed on this list before the regular season begins, he could miss the entire season unless — per a rules adjustment this year — they are designated to return during the roster cutdown to 53 players after training camp. Teams can designate up to two such players to return.

NFL teams can designate up to eight players to return from IR during the regular season (and up to 10 if they make the postseason) and an individual player can be so designated twice.

Players designated for return from IR before the season count against a team’s eight- or 10-player limit.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Honestly, after reading the rules I'm not sure why they were initially saying he would not count.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-injured-reserve-pup-list-07369696d0a0c5a91f89ec9eea255a5d

If a player is placed on this list before the regular season begins, he could miss the entire season unless — per a rules adjustment this year — they are designated to return during the roster cutdown to 53 players after training camp. Teams can designate up to two such players to return.

NFL teams can designate up to eight players to return from IR during the regular season (and up to 10 if they make the postseason) and an individual player can be so designated twice.

Players designated for return from IR before the season count against a team’s eight- or 10-player limit.

Maybe he has to be in the starting roster on GameDay for it to count?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I thought they had a 21 day window to determine if they wanted to activate the player?