• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I personally love the trade, whats the pulse in Beantown?
Crowder is the piece I hate to lose the most

Positive. The concerns are minor, but overall a lot excitement. 25 year old Irving playing PG in Stevens' system is going to be fun to see. I will always be a Thomas fan but this is an upgrade and who knows if he even plays this year (with the hip injury) If Irving signs long term the minor concerns will be eliminated. Giving up Brooklyns pick is a gamble.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Did not see that coming. They sure gave up a lot though, never thought they'd give up that Brooklyn!

If he signs long term then the Brooklyn pick is a wash. Boston still has the Lakers pick next year (2-5 only) although I dont see that as being very likely next year. Celtics also have 2 lottery picks in Brown and Tatum that can grow with Irving, Hayward and Horford. At some point they had to cash a chip for something more stable in a player like Irving.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Probably means LeBron will go to the Lakers next year. No reason for him to stick around for a rebuild in Cleveland.

Not sure I want LeBron on the Lakers, dude has a lot of mileage and I can't stand his complaining and flopping.

I think Lebron can help them win a title right away if they have George and if Ball is the real deal. I like Ingram and Randle to go with them. But that title has to be pretty soon. Lebron will turn 34 during the 18/19 season. If they sign him to a long term deal it could hamper them in 3 or 4 years. They had to wait until Kobe retired to even think about signing high profile players.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he signs long term then the Brooklyn pick is a wash. Boston still has the Lakers pick next year (2-5 only) although I dont see that as being very likely next year. Celtics also have 2 lottery picks in Brown and Tatum that can grow with Irving, Hayward and Horford. At some point they had to cash a chip for something more stable in a player like Irving.

I want so badly to tell you that you're full of shit but I can't do it because you aren't wrong. I think my post was in reaction to what I'd initially heard -- that you guys had landed Kyrie for Thomas and Crowder straight up. What a nightmare (y'know, Laker fan perspective here). When I heard that Granny Age had finally parted with one of his preciouses I felt relieved for awhile.

But upon further review (gotta work in some football lingo) I kinda feel like, no matter how stacked next year's draft is going to be, getting a proven champion like Kyrie is the right move, especially with Haywood already in the fold. Now you've got two legit non-midget all-stars to pair with Whore-ford and another max slot to lure a top-tier free-agent next summer.

Fuck I hate you guys. Hat's off to Granny Age. Also you're cool as hell so go Rams and I'm very confused right now.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I want so badly to tell you that you're full of crap but I can't do it because you aren't wrong. I think my post was in reaction to what I'd initially heard -- that you guys had landed Kyrie for Thomas and Crowder straight up. What a nightmare (y'know, Laker fan perspective here). When I heard that Granny Age had finally parted with one of his preciouses I felt relieved for awhile.

But upon further review (gotta work in some football lingo) I kinda feel like, no matter how stacked next year's draft is going to be, getting a proven champion like Kyrie is the right move, especially with Haywood already in the fold. Now you've got two legit non-midget all-stars to pair with Whore-ford and another max slot to lure a top-tier free-agent next summer.

freak I hate you guys. Hat's off to Granny Age. Also you're cool as hell so go Rams and I'm very confused right now.

Now you know what it is like to be a Celtic fan lol. Every year, someone wants to be a Laker, George, Lebron, etc. You guys can rebuild so quickly just because you are the Lakers. No FA ever says, I want to go to Boston lol, till just recently Horford and now Hayward. But Horford is no George or Lebron.

Your cool too so lets look forward to possibly a Irving vs Lebron finals in 2019. Lebron leads the Lakers to play the Celtics!!

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Y'all know you want this: Wall to wall Ball coverage! All the Balls, all the time!!

lonzowire-withtag.png

http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/

View: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/913140387103039491

View: https://twitter.com/LonzoWire/status/913207224926855169

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm going to this game tonight, which is less than 10 minutes from me at the Honda Center, Anaheim. I want to be able to say some day, that I saw his first professional game. I saw all his college games, and the Summer league this year. The dude is special, and unique. I hope that he can continue to improve, and play his game in the NBA. Not just a Laker thing, although I'm a huge fan, but he will be good for the NBA, IMO.

I'll let you guys know how he does. I've never seen him live.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
OK. First off, it was a blast. Fans went nuts when Lonzo was announced, if you are familiar, like Kobe used to be...twice as loud as anyone else. Lonzo had his moments, and a solid all around game. Assists, steals, blocks, a few turnovers. Here's the thing, he is much faster than I expected. He really gets up and down the floor, and is way more athletic than advertised.

He's very smooth, and of course, what stands out is his passing. He understands angles, can pass from any position, either hand, and from anywhere on the court, and his passes are ropes. Effortless, but noticeable ropes.

Kuzma was probably the steal of the draft and can score from anywhere. In one sequence, he had a steal, scored on a running left hand hook shot, and then on the next possession, had a dribble drive, right handed hook shot. He has some major offensive skills, and is nailing the 3 at a very high clip.

The Lakers as a team, were a little sloppy, and need some work closing out on three's, and interior defense. Note, neither Center #1, or #2 have played yet. They haven't really worked on offensive sets yet, but were for the most part, willing passers.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
The kids are playing very well now. Just beat the Heat in Miami and have won 4 in a row. Having fun watching this young team win some games finally. They surpassed last years win total already after tonights W. Im hoping we can get Paul George in free agency and bring back Julius. Maybe Isaiah Thomas on a friendly deal too. He played great tonight. Im not big on bringing Lebron in with this team (I highly doubt he leaves the weak East anyway). I would rather keep our young core and add PG13.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
they do look energized....Julius is playing for a new deal....Brandon I isn't looking like a bust....Lonzo is Lonzo-ing....but IT....damn!!!!

Still mad about Clarkson....sheeesh!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
VERY young team. I'm hoping they keep most of these kids together and also let Walton grow as a coach. I realize the Hollyweird crowd might get a little restless but most Laker fans I know are kinda digging watching a new team of stars potentially blossom before their eyes.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm ok with them letting Clarkson go to get cap space and the potential to sign IT longer term. Not to a max contract, but $16M/yr is very reasonable.

I'd like to see an eventual closing lineup this year of IT, Ball, Ingram, Randle/Kuzma, Randle/Zubac.

Next year we could potentially have a starting 5 of Ball, PG13, Ingram, Randle, Jordan or Cousins. Cousins will recover ok from Achilles due to relative youth.