Kurt Warner Identifies More as a Cardinal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitaino

UDFA
That's too bad. Surely Kurt's best memories from football were the 99-01 era. I would think you'd identify with your best memories (even if they ended sour), than identify with another team down the road.

If Vermeil never gives Kurt a shot, perhaps he never gets one. He really needs to get over his issues if he still has them. The 99-01 era was great. Warner was great. His skills declined substantially after that, his backup played way better, and he lost his job. Good for him regaining something in Arizona, if only for a couple seasons, but cmon Kurt. Your best time in football was 99-01. That was your personal peak.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Not sure if anyone else caught this on the Dan Patrick show this morning but Kurt Warner was on and Dan asked him who he identified more with. Warner pretty quickly and definitely said the Cardinals over the Rams. It seemed obvious whenever he talked about both teams but guess this makes it official.

I thought we all knew that.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Not sure if anyone else caught this on the Dan Patrick show this morning but Kurt Warner was on and Dan asked him who he identified more with. Warner pretty quickly and definitely said the Cardinals over the Rams. It seemed obvious whenever he talked about both teams but guess this makes it official.
It is discouraging yet understandable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

welcome to 2011.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, you’d think Warner could throw a bone to us Rams fans.

Vermeil never let Warner down. St Louis Rams fans never let Warner down. His teammates never let him down.

Maybe Martz did. The FO sure did.

But why write off the whole Ram organization and it’s loyal fan base over some dummies in the FO?

I don’t get it.

Warner is my all-time fav Rams player, and it’s a bummer he can’t get over the grudge against the people who mishandled his departure.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I don't blame him. We ran him out of town.
I don’t blame him at all. But still, that doesn’t make me want to embrace him as a Ram.

Warner is a awkward Ram, similar to Bettis and Night Train Lane in some respects.

Unfortunately, Warner doesn’t belong on any Rams Mount Rushmore. The greatest Rams QB remains Bob Waterfield.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Yeah, you’d think Warner could throw a bone to us Rams fans.

Vermeil never let Warner down. St Louis Rams fans never let Warner down. His teammates never let him down.

Maybe Martz did. The FO sure did.

But why write off the whole Ram organization and it’s loyal fan base over some dummies in the FO?

I don’t get it.

Warner is my all-time fav Rams player, and it’s a bummer he can’t get over the grudge against the people who mishandled his departure.
He's probably still butt hurt over BrendaGate. Bottom line- he was injured and still wanted to play, Martz and the medical staff let him play, his salary was large. Considering the time it took for him to be "cured" by wearing a glove and a capable backup in Bulger ready to plug into that offense, KW was likely gone on most teams. It sucks but that is reality.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This old news. I mean really old.
yuFUoY.gif

If Warner doesn't want to identify as a Super Bowl winning QB that's his choice.

OP check your calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.