Kupp’s Return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We gotta win this Raiders game, Boss.
If we're spankin' them by mid-3rd Q, then ya pull him out. Otherwise, if it's still close, he stays in -- we gotta win this one.
AND the Vikes game too, which maybe we'll have Avila back? prolly not Puka tho, right??
Legit point, and there’s something to be said for just focusing on the next game. And, what you posted may be McVay’s thinking.

All that being said, if the Rams can’t beat the Raiders on Sunday, without Kupp, maybe the playoffs are not a reasonable goal.

I’m just against risking another lost season for Cooper Kupp.

As for Avila in ten days?
I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening.
1729181373254.png

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Noteboom on the other hand may be available for this game. I think he would play LG and improve us there.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Legit point, and there’s something to be said for just focusing on the next game. And, what you posted may be McVay’s thinking.

All that being said, if the Rams can’t beat the Raiders on Sunday, without Kupp, maybe the playoffs are not a reasonable goal.

I’m just against risking another lost season for Cooper Kupp.

As for Avila in ten days?
I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening.
View attachment 68000
I expect a return to the Glory Days when Kupp gets back on the field because he's tougher than the rest. The dude was born to run and block. The wins we're about to peel off will certainly have us Rams' Fans dancing in the dark or flipping over cars in the streets of Philadelphia. Any Red-blooded Rams fan born in the U.S.A. has to be stoked for football now that we're getting healthy.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Any one who disagrees can

1729182621593.png

Go Rams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I expect a return to the Glory Days when Kupp gets back on the field because he's tougher than the rest. The dude was born to run and block. The wins we're about to peel off will certainly have us Rams' Fans dancing in the dark or flipping over cars in the streets of Philadelphia. Any Red-blooded Rams fan born in the U.S.A. has to be stoked for football now that we're getting healthy.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Any one who disagrees can

View attachment 68001

Go Rams.

I removed my Laugh emoji, and replaced it with a Thread Trophy because you put in a lot of good work here.

1729185099280.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
But what’s wrong with only being able to beat them with Kupp? That only means we’re top heavy, which is fine if those guys don’t get hurt.

Even if we lose first round of the playoffs, making it means the end of the season and wild card weekend will be a lot more exciting.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But what’s wrong with only being able to beat them with Kupp? That only means we’re top heavy, which is fine if those guys don’t get hurt.

There's nothing 'wrong' with it. I just think it's asking a lot of Cooper Kupp, and it's risky.

I would love for the Rams to beat the Raiders and compete for a playoff spot.

It's the above "if" that has my concern. I would rather not see Kupp play two games in four days.

From July through August, I posted a half-a-dozen times my hope the Rams would sign veteran free agent WR Hunter Renfrow for additional WR-depth. The way Kupp and Nacua play, I did not see them both being able to play in 17 games. They were both out before the second game was half over.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
My thought is use Kupp in the redzone where we desperately need him. Let the other receivers and the run game get us there. That'll limit his snaps to only a handful and let him get some work in and ready for the biggest test of the year against Vikings.
That’s an excellent idea, but I would bet the minute he steps onto the field Stafford will be looking for him. Kupp will be in all day getting worked and the offense will magically play better.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Kupp on 3rd down and in the red zone would really help and also limit his reps. I think McVay will use 12 personnel in this one and really test the Raiders will to compete for 60 mins.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Boom filled in competently at G last year. Better than what Bruss is doing.
Just because of experience alone, a healthy Noteboom would be better than Logan Bruss, imo. By far the weakest link vs GB, giving up 7 pressures & a sack.

He's better than Bruss @ LG

Boom played the first 3 games last year at RG. In game 3 against the Bengals, he gave up 6 pressures and 1 sack. PFF rated him as a 0.0 in pass blocking.

The man is Bruss level at guard. And I think he gets injured more at that position.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boom is capable of playing well but that is determined by the matchup he faces on the defensive front. If at any time he draws a power matchup he's fucked. The speed and technique matchups he can do quite well with.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Boom played the first 3 games last year at RG. In game 3 against the Bengals, he gave up 6 pressures and 1 sack. PFF rated him as a 0.0 in pass blocking.

The man is Bruss level at guard. And I think he gets injured more at that position.
I have no wish to defend Noteboom; he's mediocre at best & totally unreliable when injured at all which he was in that Cincy game- hurt his ankle, irrc, which showed up on the report the following week. Afaik, Bruss has been healthy except for the finger , but has struggled with the stunts/twists/blitzes thrown at him & Limmer all season. I'll take Boom for however many healthy snaps he's got in him simply on play recognition alone.

Bruss has some potential, but let's not pretend LAR would be benching a starter by replacing him. LG play really can't get much worse, imo & just an incremental improvement would help significantly.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We really need Avila and Nacua back. Especially Avila, since we're debating over who's worse at left guard with Noteboom or Bruss. I just hope Kupp and Whittington are both healthy enough to play today; if they're both out, we may still be wanting our second win.