Kobie Turner is a treasure.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Speaking of Kobie Turner....I've been meaning to post a side by side comparison of some of his pass rushing metrics with Donald's rookie season numbers. I held off because I didn't want it to get caught up in the emotional furor of Donald's sudden retirement.

Kobie Turner

Win % - 12.9%
*True Pass Set Win % - 14.3%
Total Pressures / Snaps - 48/476
Pressure Rate - 10.08%

2014 Donald

Win % - 9.4%
*True Pass Set Win % - 13.6%
Total Pressures / Snaps - 44/454
Pressure Rate - 9.69%

* (A “True Pass Set" excludes plays with less than 4 rushers, play action, screens, short dropbacks and time-to-throws under 2 seconds.)

And just in case the first thought is "Well, the AD effect," here is a chart showing that Kobie Turner was actually double teamed more than Donald at 71%. Therefore, it's likely that he wasn't getting plenty of help from attention going to Donald.

Pass Rushing Rates at DT, 2023 per ESPN Analytics

I'm not saying that Turner is going to have the career that AD had but he arguably had a better rookie season.

Thoughts?

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Speaking of Kobie Turner....I've been meaning to post a side by side comparison of some of his pass rushing metrics with Donald's rookie season numbers. I held off because I didn't want it to get caught up in the emotional furor of Donald's sudden retirement.

Kobie Turner

Win % - 12.9%
*True Pass Set Win % - 14.3%
Total Pressures / Snaps - 48/476
Pressure Rate - 10.08%

2014 Donald

Win % - 9.4%
*True Pass Set Win % - 13.6%
Total Pressures / Snaps - 44/454
Pressure Rate - 9.69%

* (A “True Pass Set" excludes plays with less than 4 rushers, play action, screens, short dropbacks and time-to-throws under 2 seconds.)

And just in case the first thought is "Well, the AD effect," here is a chart showing that Kobie Turner was actually double teamed more than Donald at 71%. Therefore, it's likely that he wasn't getting plenty of help from attention going to Donald.

I'm not saying that Turner is going to have the career that AD had but he arguably had a better rookie season.

Thoughts?
Of course, he had the benefit of playing next to Mr. Donald, but those are good numbers. Hopefully repeated or even improved upon moving forward.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Of course, he had the benefit of playing next to Mr. Donald, but those are good numbers. Hopefully repeated or even improved upon moving forward.
No comparison to Donald, but Donald had a better overall line playing with him. A young Brockers, Quinn, Long, Sims, & Hayes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Turner had AD99 himself.What a better to learn from The Best than to play next (with) to The Best.

We’ll have to see if AD99 getting double & triple team had something to do with Kobie Turner
getting free runs at QB’s ?

The Rams need to upgrade there DT(D’Line) with at least 2 more players just to compete in 2024.
There is no way of really replacing AD99.
Glad Kobie Turner is a Ram & look forward to seeing how his Rams career plays out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Per the chart below, Kobie didn't have many free runs at QBs. He was double teamed 71% of the time which was the second highest rate in the league.

I actually agree 100%,but want to be 1,000% respectful to AD99?

I won’t go into my feelings ,because I SUCK !!!! That said is that there is going to be a 2019 feel for The Rams Defensive of front ??
My thinking is is that With The O”Line being so much improved ,that The Rams can only be that much better .

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Whomever the scout was that found Turner and pushed for his drafting - that guy needs to be listed to this year again and whatever DT/DL he wants….draft him!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Turner had AD99 himself.What a better to learn from The Best than to play next (with) to The Best.

We’ll have to see if AD99 getting double & triple team had something to do with Kobie Turner
getting free runs at QB’s ?

The Rams need to upgrade there DT(D’Line) with at least 2 more players just to compete in 2024.
There is no way of really replacing AD99.
Glad Kobie Turner is a Ram & look forward to seeing how his Rams career plays out.
I had seen a stat on Twitter where it showed Turner had a higher doubleteam rate than Jalen Carter did and a similar rate to Donald's. And that was due to the fact that all they had was Donald & Turner. So when Donald wasn't in the game, Turner was automatically double teamed. And playing nose, Turner was often doubled as well.

That is why they need to give him help this year with a DT that can be disruptive. Otherwise he will be doubled all the time.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M