"Key to Rams season" Brian Allen with JB Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
As I recall, D'Marco Farr said that Brian Allen was "the key to the Rams season." (Somebody help me out here... not sure what the exact wording of Farr's quote was, but that was the gist of it).

Anyway: below, a link to an interview with Brian Allen on a podcast with JB Long.

My first impression: holy crap, Brian Allen is a boring interview! :laugh4: Of course all that matters is if he plays well... but man, that is one dull MF'er!:D

At first Allen seemed kinda nervous and gave flat, predictable answers, but he seemed to loosen up as the interview went on. On the plus side, he made JB Long look shrimpy by comparison!

Anyway...I know I'm being too hard on him, he seems like a genuine, humble, hard-working guy. Here's hoping all that hard work pays off for him.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9QyTypclgU

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One detail I noticed... during the interview with Allen, they showed some video-- but with Corbett #63 at center! (Oops). Also included a bad shotgun snap from Corbett, but Stafford was able to corral the ball and throw a TD to Kupp.

Whoever was in charge of the video clips made a boo-boo there

TexasRam

Legend
Yea that was a really good interview. Quite a first week matchup with Hicks and co.

If Brian Allen turns out to be a really good center I swear to this board I will call him my daddy and change my avatar to Brian Allen.

Hell, If he contains Hicks week 1 I will change my avatar to Brian Allen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Brian Allen turns out to be a really good center I swear to this board I will call him my daddy and change my avatar to Brian Allen.

We are going to hold you to this @TexasRam :D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea that was a really good interview. Quite a first week matchup with Hicks and co.

AND I will almost defintely change my avatar to TuTu Atwell!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too late now for him to edit or delete the post!

Just another reason to look forward to Sunday :D
TexasRam be like....

CmUWVLq.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
AND I will almost defintely change my avatar to TuTu Atwell!!
Better yet - out on your Tutu & show ALL. You can do your Tutu WR pose or better yet your Brian Allen. Of course in blue font. That image in itself is disturbing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I'm on board, if Allen is able to stabilize the Center position, plus have a good year and earn a contract extension, I will order his jersey next year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One detail I noticed... during the interview with Allen, they showed some video-- but with Corbett #63 at center! (Oops). Also included a bad shotgun snap from Corbett, but Stafford was able to corral the ball and throw a TD to Kupp.

Whoever was in charge of the video clips made a boo-boo there
Is that bad Editing or meant to say Brian Allen won the Center position because of Default? Wondering if you have been a Hater?
I admit I have not been a Big Brian Allen Fan for many reasons over his Rams career.
1.Didn’t like his position being drafted at all.Thought it was over kill,especially on a twinned type player(liked his family history & him being a wrestler)
2.Depth wise as a rookie.The Rams got lucky.Hated the reserves,just because of lack of experience & talent.
3.Rams cut Sullivan & Brian Allen gets a Free ride.
4.Just his rehab process,but he talked about 3 months & then having to start the process over.
5.First NFL player to get Covid.
6.Will always go back to John Sullivan getting cut & Blythe having to be The Rams RG.I liked Austin Blythe as a C/RG backup.

Brian Allen is deserving & earned his spot.Going to SOFI & seeing him at SOFI OTA’s as a backup RG w/Shelton the 2nd string Center was upsetting & Sad in a way. Thought he could earn the Spot & show that all that was given to him he could earn.
—Brian Allen won The Rams starting Center spot & yes once again as I PREDICTED early in Camp that he & Joseph NOTEBOOM would not take a Snap in the Preseason.
Just for the record for all the doubters & negative Ram Fans this is how Sean Mcvay is building this team.Brian Allen was a scare IMO though in his HC career.
—I like The Rams foundation of this Offensive line.The preseason is a way of The Rams building young players.
Having to earn your spot is the way it always should have been. Players grow & hardwork should pay off for Brian Allen. He learned a lot from both John Sullivan & Austin Blythe.

—Yes - he has a tough first task,but he is fired up & keeping a lot of hidden energy building up for Sunday Night.
Like he said he is from Chicago & has family coming in for the game.This IS A SPECIAL NIGHT for ALL RAM FANS.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm on board, if Allen is able to stabilize the Center position, plus have a good year and earn a contract extension, I will order his jersey next year.
Wow - coach

no prediction here.Just cheering & hoping for the best.I tried to get through the interview. Was there much said about his relationship as of now with Matthew Stafford?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AND I'll change my avatar to Sean McVay in shorts! ~ den

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He said in the interview that he's 310 now, which is bigger than what I was expecting.
You can see it in his frame.He has been working hard on his leverage,staying low,licking in,stabilizing & moving forward with power.
He is thick in the belly,but his legs have gotten a lot stronger.Rehab & lower body lifting has really helped.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The reason that this was a boring interview was because JB never asked him if he were a doughnut what kind would he be. :ROFLMAO:

No but seriously this interview was very interesting. There was little I knew about Allen other than where he played college and that he was a wrestler and Goff's roommate. I knew nothing of the extent of the injury. Wow being a warrior and staying on after the first sign and then another one on top of that.... pretty rough. And then covid the next year (Which I saw in the news crawl back then) ... how much bad luck could this guy get. And to see him battle back and now the offense is much more clear to him. Like I said, this was informative and interesting. I like JB as an interviewer, he gets right into the tough questions but in a diplomatic way giving the player the option to discuss/reveal the details. I hope Allen becomes the best center on the team at the very least. Looking forward to some solid play there.

Also like when he spoke of blocking and leverage. That was one of the many things our HS coach taught us was different ways of using leverage to block a bigger defender.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Allen seems like a terrific guy. Mature, smart and focused.

Hope he plays well. Bears have three quality interior DL in Hicks, Goldman and Nichols.