Kevin White Runs 4.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been touting White to the Rams since the season ended. If he last to ten he would have to be BPA and could complete the Rams receiving corps. He is my first choice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What's not to like? White is going to be special if the team that drafts him utilizes him correctly. It was not too long ago that Tavon Austin on this board was considered the second coming of slice bread and the jury is still out on that because the Rams can't get him the ball in space.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hope Kevin White is there @ #10 .....where Snead will be getting some serious calls with some serious drooling on the other line. Could be the perfect scenario for us to gather up a couple of outstanding selections on day two of this draft to help Sam Bradford's running game & passing game so he can remain upright & UNmolested! then maybe the Rams can get the ball into Tavon Austin's hands.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060558/kevin-white

iced

I hope Kevin White is there @ #10 .....where Snead will be getting some serious calls with some serious drooling on the other line. Could be the perfect scenario for us to gather up a couple of outstanding selections on day two of this draft to help Sam Bradford's running game & passing game so he can remain upright & UNmolested! then maybe the Rams can get the ball into Tavon Austin's hands.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060558/kevin-white

i doubt they trade away - IIRC they were okay with trading a 4th and 6th for barron because they weren't too wild about this draft

V3

Hall of Fame
White ran his way into the top 10. We have zero shot at drafting him. Reminds we of Julio back at the 2011 combine running his way out of our reach.
Well, we're at 10, so....it could still happen.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
What's not to like? White is going to be special if the team that drafts him utilizes him correctly. It was not too long ago that Tavon Austin on this board was considered the second coming of slice bread and the jury is still out on that because the Rams can't get him the ball in space.

I still think Tavon Austin is the second coming of sliced bread. I haven't changed my opinion on him since the moment he was drafted because we haven't yet seen him utilized correctly - only in patches - Carolina 2013, Indianapolis 2013 - where he got moved around a lot - as X or Z receiver as well as in the slot and at running back. Schottey was getting better at it. Lets see what we get this year with a new OC.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Well, we're at 10, so....it could still happen.

I don't know really who'd take him before 10. Is he going ahead of a more "ready" prospect in Amari Cooper? If so then we'll probably miss out on him but, Jacksonville? Doubt it. Tennessee - again doubt it. Raiders might take him but everyone says they're set on Cooper.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Did DGB run?

I just saw a couple of his highlight reels and holy crap. I can see why guys get misty over that guy...

But yeah... Kevin White with his catch radius and his strong Michael Irvin-esque catching style (very hands forward and super strong attacking the ball, blocking out defenders...)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He won't make it to #10, IMO. If he did, yeah, take him. The WR's, as a group, look pretty good though, there is a lot of talent out there.

iced

I don't know really who'd take him before 10. Is he going ahead of a more "ready" prospect in Amari Cooper? If so then we'll probably miss out on him but, Jacksonville? Doubt it. Tennessee - again doubt it. Raiders might take him but everyone says they're set on Cooper.

they could go Gregory OLB too

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Did DGB run?

I just saw a couple of his highlight reels and holy crap. I can see why guys get misty over that guy...

But yeah... Kevin White with his catch radius and his strong Michael Irvin-esque catching style (very hands forward and super strong attacking the ball, blocking out defenders...)
He ran a 4.49. Excellent for his size.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm trying not to get a football woody for White, but it's not working....

Dat freakin' guy...

And for anyone saying we don't need a WR...

Um... we didn't "need" a DL last year. Pretty sure Aaron Donald was the right pick.

Britt and Quick are good, big WRs, but White has the potential to be next level special in a hurreh...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm trying not to get a football woody for White, but it's not working....

Dat freakin' guy...

And for anyone saying we don't need a WR...

Um... we didn't "need" a DL last year. Pretty sure Aaron Donald was the right pick.

Britt and Quick are good, big WRs, but White has the potential to be next level special in a hurreh...
Yeah, I have a man boner for him too. He would bring up our group average, a lot, but seriously, there are other WR's that can do that in this draft also. He'd be my guy, though.

jjab360

Legend
I hope he surpasses Cooper and Cooper falls to 10. Amari looked ridiculously smooth today, he's going to be a superstar from day one.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did DGB run?

4.49 @ 237 pounds is like a freight train.

We must also keep in mind, this is the last year of Quick's rookie deal. 1. We don't know what a full season of him is like. 2. We don't know the kind of player he'll be after the injury. 3. Can't have enough big scary WRs.

4. Britt still isn't re-signed yet and we all know he battles the injury bug and gets dinged up because of how he plays.

This is exactly like the Donald pick. Wasn't an area of pick, but he was easily the BPA.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ok then what teams might look hard @ WR's in the top 10? Raiders & Jets? Maybe Bears?

White, Cooper then DGB?

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
4.49 @ 237 pounds is like a freight train.
We must also keep in mind, this is the last year of Quick's rookie deal.
1. We don't know what a full season of him is like.
2. We don't know the kind of player he'll be after the injury.
3. Can't have enough big scary WRs.
4-Britt still isn't re-signed yet and we all know he battles the injury bug and gets dinged up because of how he plays.

True however even if we loose Britt to free agency going into 2015 Rams still have ball catchers who can start like Quick -Austin-Bailey-Givens & Cook ....but can you name our other starting OG or OT? or OC?

There a big difference between our OL unit & pass catchers.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True however even if we loose Britt to free agency going into 2015 Rams still have ball catchers who can start like Quick -Austin-Bailey-Givens & Cook ....but can you name our other starting OG or OT? or OC?

Givens isn't even worth mentioning and may not even make the team THIS year. I wouldn't roll any dice on Austin carrying the load at this point, but Bailey....jury is still out.

There are some young lineman out there in FA much better than Joseph.