Kevin O’Connell (free pass?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Needed to start a post on Kevin O’Connell.

I really have QUESTIONS about The Rams offense with him at OC

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone else have questions?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My first thought & question is the effect on Jared Goff? I say some of the blame goes on him ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jared Goff says his accuracy is because of Kevin O’Connell this 2020 season.
My question also is QB coach ?
I have to many questions & just don’t know the involvement & coaching structure of all the hands involved?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My main question about Kevin O’Connell is what is his effect on the Offense & how much of the playing calling is he doing.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Main reason for posting this is I believe he is The Main Reason The Rams Offense & Jared Goff has struggled.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought The Rams Offense would have had a BIGTIME Advantage because of ALL the players coming back.
Mcvay has been running this show & yet again The Rams have another OC. I don’t even know where this mess has been.
We here & talk about Staley being so Great,but nothing about The New OC? It’s mind BOGGLING to me by anyone not even evaluating him & The EFFECT he has with GOFF & MCVAY.
The talk & questions about benching Goff? What a Joke when No One Holds Kevin O’Connell accountable.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess Waldron,Phillips,Kromer are up in the Booth? Don’t even know what that looks like. How is the distancing.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone else have questions?

What were you doing at 4:20 in the am, other than seperating sentences with posts instead of periods? ;)

Um, my only question about Kevin O'Connell is that I feel like I never hear him singled out and given credit for anything. Is that accurate?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Im not judging, just laughing

I'm certainly no shining example of proper posting etiquette myself haha

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not sure what impact/role O’Connell has had, but this is what I see.
Overall ppg scoring up from 2019

Passing:
Goff comp % up by 5%
TD% up
INT% down
Passer rating up by 6 points

Rushing:
Yards per carry up by .5 yard per carry
Yards per game up by 35 yards per game
19 rushing TD in 13 games vs 20 in 16 games last year
RB receptions, catch rate and yards all up from last year

So all in all, whoever is responsible for all this improvement, deserves a huge thumbs up

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
anigif_enhanced-buzz-18894-1387171490-0.gif.4c147d36100e48a6007af18f2daed221.gif

In before the lock!
:hiding:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
My main question about Kevin O’Connell is what is his effect on the Offense & how much of the playing calling is he doing.

yeah no one seems to know how much he has to do with the offence. because mcvay was noted for being an offensive coach maybe why we don't hear much about o'connell. still even if o'connell has a lot to do with the offence it is mcvay with final say. mcvay may have turned the defence over to staley that is why we hear more about him.