Kent Sterling Latest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

I found that article interesting.

Sterling said he never met Bradford, but he has witnessed Bradford's behavior with others.

You can take this a couple of ways.

We don't know if this guy has a grudge on Sam for some unrevealed reason.

If we assume that he doesn't, then his observations are a valid data point.

I'm willing to concede that Bradford is an aloof snob. Bernie has said as much and now there is another data point. Plus, I remember his team mate at OU, Gerald McCoy, calling Bradford "King Sam" before the draft in 2010. Sam didn't look happy about that. You could interpret that as McCoy saying Sam was royalty at OU and not one of the guys.

I'm not really sure what negative impact that has on his performance or ability to be a leader to his teammates.

Clearly, Sam is low key in his demeanor. He's not a rah-rah guy and doesn't play a lot with the media. But he's there supporting his teammates, like Clemens, through his ACL surgery. My belief is that Bradford is a pretty conservative straight laced guy. And I wonder if there were guys like Sterling who observed Roger Staubach, another straight laced guy and I wonder what they said. Nah, no I don't.

I think this is all a non issue. I believe football is very important to Sam, he said after his ACL injury that all he has is football, and I have no reason not to believe him. I expect him to work his ass off to get healthy quickly. As a team captain, I expect him to be a leader on this team. We will find out soon enough if he is good enough as a leader and QB to win. We get to see what Bradford does this year, regardless of whether he's a turd to Sterling's buddies or not, and that's all that matters.

Well he's got a hotel suite named after him and a statue, they generally don't do those type things in college towns for snobs.

Alan

Legend
LesBaker's take:
Never ruin a perfectly good apology with an excuse.

And.......he did just that. That was as left handed an apology as he could have written.

Essentially he said "it's true, I just shouldn't have said it".

I didn't take that as an apology for what he said. I agree with your last sentence. He wasn't taking anything back at all. He simply said he shouldn't have said it in public. I agree with that just like I don't think its something you should say about anybody in public. Even someone like Pete Carroll.

I know nothing about Sam's personality and I could care less because it doesn't seem to be affecting his standing among his teammates. I liked his response and if he had said that about Carroll I think many would view this differently.

I could be wrong of course.