Kap Is An Example Of A Qb That Can Beat You With His Arm And His Legs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Kaep is an example of the QB a huge part of the press yearns to be the future so we get the hype.
He can do some things but as someone said he and Wilson playing for teams with defenses like Denvers or NE's would be worried about job security certainly not going to pro bowls.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Exactly. If his first read isn't their, he rabbits. But he still manages to complete enough passes to keep the chains moving (Not this game, but in general) and when the first read isn't open, he can run for a first down and more.

As much as I can't stand Kaep, I would take him over SB in a heartbeat.

Tavon Austin rushed for 1033 yards on 110 attempts for 9.4 ypa at WV - imagine him and Manziel in the same backfield for a dozen or so plays per game.
That would give DC's nightmares and would result in a few long runs per game by either or both Manziel and Austin, and would open up the passing game.
Not to mention, Manziel is capable of buying time like Wilson did on that long pass on the Hawks first scoring drive.

Again, the chances of the Rams drafting Manziel are slim and none, but we're not getting much "bang for the buck" at the QB position.

I just think it's time to do what the Jets did and move on now that it won't be a cap killer, but Snead and Fisher think differently.
Time will tell...
If you want him over Bradford why don't you just become a 49erfan

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No, but a 6'0" 155lb QB is right in my wheelhouse.

Joyce-Joey-Davenport-kona-tanning-katie-kenny-lfl-lingerie-football-league-kickoff-hollywood.jpg
She can by my first overall pick.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hate the guy, and Kaepernick is not a great passer and runs if his first read is covered, but he can beat a team with his arm and his legs.

I know I'm wasting bandwidth, but I wish the Rams would draft Manziel - what a dual threat he and Austin would be in the backfield.

It'll be interesting to see what Manziel runs at the Combine.

But Schotty wouldn't have a clue how to utilize them though.

I think something is up with Wilson - he's not running at all and hasn't really been much for the last few weeks.
Hey Bernie -- do your employers over at the PD know you're posting on another forum?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Kaepernick has a great defense to keep him in games, a great running game to set up the passing game, a great offensive coach, and some serious veteran receiver talent, and yet he could not hold on to the lead yesterday.

The guy is a great talent....athletically, but until he learns to read defenses and find his 2nd or 3rd option, he will not be able to win the big game. Sure he will win regular season games, as long as the Niners maintain their other team strengths, but he will not beat great defenses playing his current style. And if he loses that defense and ground game, lookout! See RGIII and the deadskins.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
But SB has missed 15 games to injury in 2 of the last 3 years and 11 game in 3 years at Oklahoma, so despite his size, he's been somewhat injury-prone.

Right now, Kaep is on the verge of taking his team to the SB for the 2nd year in a row. He does just enough with his arm to move the chains, but will kill the opposition with his running ability.

If Kaep ever learns to read defenses and go thru his progressions, he will be a handful.

Manning and Brady can read Defenses, go thru their progressions quickly and get the ball out quickly. They are also mobile enough to roll out and have enough pocket presence to sense pressure, step up or slide out to the side to avoid getting hit and making a play.

There's another thread going about Manning's OL and how good would Bradford look behind that line. I don't think he would look much different as the Denver OL doesn't have anyone special on it. Maybe one past Pro-Bowler. Manning makes the OL look good, not the other way around.

As I always say, a good QB elevates those around him, not the other way around.

I just think it's time for a change at QB, but Fisher and Snead don't and they have the final say, so we'll have to wait another season at least and see.

I just think we have a great opportunity with the #2 pick to upgrade and to free up some much needed cap space.

The pick doesn't necessarily have to be Manziel either.

I'd love nothing more than to see Bradford come out next season and light it up, but I think that's wishful thinking.

speaking of making players around you better. amondola sure seemed better with sb than he does with brady

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
But SB has missed 15 games to injury in 2 of the last 3 years and 11 game in 3 years at Oklahoma, so despite his size, he's been somewhat injury-prone.

Right now, Kaep is on the verge of taking his team to the SB for the 2nd year in a row. He does just enough with his arm to move the chains, but will kill the opposition with his running ability.

If Kaep ever learns to read defenses and go thru his progressions, he will be a handful.

Manning and Brady can read Defenses, go thru their progressions quickly and get the ball out quickly. They are also mobile enough to roll out and have enough pocket presence to sense pressure, step up or slide out to the side to avoid getting hit and making a play.

There's another thread going about Manning's OL and how good would Bradford look behind that line. I don't think he would look much different as the Denver OL doesn't have anyone special on it. Maybe one past Pro-Bowler. Manning makes the OL look good, not the other way around.

As I always say, a good QB elevates those around him, not the other way around.

I just think it's time for a change at QB, but Fisher and Snead don't and they have the final say, so we'll have to wait another season at least and see.

I just think we have a great opportunity with the #2 pick to upgrade and to free up some much needed cap space.

The pick doesn't necessarily have to be Manziel either.

I'd love nothing more than to see Bradford come out next season and light it up, but I think that's wishful thinking.
amondola sure looked better with sb then he does with brady

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Funny, some complain that the problem with Bradford is for him to win big he needs everything to be great around him. You know, a system QB like Eli Manning. Yet here we have Kaepernick, who has a great defense, a great OL, a great running game, a pair of great receiving threats at WR, a dynamic TE, and an excellent offensive minded coach. Yet he can't win the big one and when he fails they claim that he was not at fault AND not only that they claim that HE was the one that got them there....all by himself! Never mind the great defense and the great OL and running game and his receiving talent that surrounds him or the coach for that matter? Hey Eli Manning was able to win with lesser talent around him TWICE, yet I doubt the Kaepernick lovers would compare Eli to CK?

So Kaepernick is supposedly carrying a great team without much help, but a guy like Bradford has been on the hook for his team's success the last three years with everything being on him despite a joke of a roster that just recently (the last year or so) is just starting to build into something, although it is still very young and inexperienced.

I just have to ask what would Kaepernick win with the Rams roster between 2010 through 2013?

I just can't take some posters seriously on this stuff.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah - Center would work though. I wouldn't be playing much out of the shotgun though. Gotta be up under center.