Kaepernick feels he's the only one allowed to do this...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsLife

UDFA
X said:
RamsLife said:
Up until this yr, I would of completely agreed with you man. Been a diehard Rams fan since '03 (since I was 13) and never in my life would I thought I would ever root for a division rival and actually make them my #2 team, but this kid Kaepernick...idk man; he's just special. At least to me he is. If it wasn't for me becoming a huge fan of his, I would still hate and root for the 9ers to lose every single week like I was since '03. But Kap changed all that.

Highly doubt there will ever be a player like him I will fall this hardcore in love with so as it stands, the Rams will always be my #1 team, and for now as long as Kap remains the starting QB, the 9ers are officially my #2 team. I'm the weirdest and sickest Rams fan on the planet, but I can't change how I feel. It is what it is man.
Well, that explains some of it. Prior to 2003 there have been MANY instances where the whiners made huge enemies out of the Rams and their fans. You weren't around when Ken Norton punched our goal posts, or when Tim McDonald looked into the camera and said "Same old sorry ass Rams" only to have to endure the rest of that cruddy team picking up on it, and all of their fans repeat it ad nauseum. You didn't bear witness to the whole decade of the nineties where we had to endure that 17 game losing streak against them, nor did you get to see how it all began as a cross-town rivalry.

You won't find one person on this board who can even remotely relate to rooting for them in any capacity or in any scenario imaginable. But hey, I can appreciate you liking a different player and wanting him to succeed. I felt the same way about Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Bob Sanders, Darrell Green, and a few other guys. But the whiners? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Not ever.

Hmm. Guess I should of added that part becoming a diehard Rams fan in '03 (13 yrs old) and being 23 yrs old now, lol. But yea that obviously plays a huge part in why I never truly hated the 9ers like you or any fan that has been through the 80's and 90's time period. If I had been around for that, whether or not I still became a fan of Kap, I would prob never root or like them either.

RamsLife

UDFA
Ram Quixote said:
RamsLife said:
May be the ONLY Rams fan in the World who actually likes Kaepernick; and by "like" I mean have become a huge fan of his. Never in a millions yrs did I ever think I would become such a big fan of a player who's not on my Rams, esp a division rival. And for me to root for him meaning I would in turn root for the 49ers to win? (not just in the SB but going forward into next season and beyond.) That's just a nightmare that unfortunately has come true.

Would NEVER root for Kap to beat us though. Against everyone else, yes, but not against my Rams. Just think it would be so cool for him to lead his team to a SB victory in only his 10 career start. From his arm strength, accuracy, superb mobility, leadership, pocket presence, and overall personality, I just fell in love with him (no homo). Like I said before I just can't help it and frankly I'm ashamed to call myself a diehard Rams fan. :cry:
For me, that's a nightmare situation, similar to Montana and Brady. I root against young QBs on other teams for just that reason. The norm is what has happened to Matt Ryan. Struggle in the playoffs until the breakthrough comes, then you get to that big moment as your confidence builds. Though he won a SB in his second season, Rothliesberger's performance in his first SB was poor. It's unnatural (Brady) for a QB to win a championship so early--unless it's the Rams, of course.

Someone else posted a scenario for the SB, in which Kaepernick struggles early and often, and Harbaugh is forced to bring in Alex Smith. I must say I'm looking forward to that.

Not going to happen. Only way Smith comes in for Kap is if Kap gets injured. That's it. Anyone who knows the situations knows that Kap is Harbaugh's "guy.' He was the one who wanted him in the '11 draft and traded up to get him in the 2nd rd. If Harbaugh wanted to bench Kap, he would of done it after his one and only bad performance this yr against the Seahags in week 16. Could of also done it after an up-and-down game against us in week 13. Even if Kap were to have his worst game against the Ravens in the 1st half, that still wouldn't be enough for Harbaugh to bench him for Smith. Smith is as good as gone next yr. They will either try to trade him and if no team baits, will release him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamsLife said:
X said:
RamsLife said:
Up until this yr, I would of completely agreed with you man. Been a diehard Rams fan since '03 (since I was 13) and never in my life would I thought I would ever root for a division rival and actually make them my #2 team, but this kid Kaepernick...idk man; he's just special. At least to me he is. If it wasn't for me becoming a huge fan of his, I would still hate and root for the 9ers to lose every single week like I was since '03. But Kap changed all that.

Highly doubt there will ever be a player like him I will fall this hardcore in love with so as it stands, the Rams will always be my #1 team, and for now as long as Kap remains the starting QB, the 9ers are officially my #2 team. I'm the weirdest and sickest Rams fan on the planet, but I can't change how I feel. It is what it is man.
Well, that explains some of it. Prior to 2003 there have been MANY instances where the whiners made huge enemies out of the Rams and their fans. You weren't around when Ken Norton punched our goal posts, or when Tim McDonald looked into the camera and said "Same old sorry ass Rams" only to have to endure the rest of that cruddy team picking up on it, and all of their fans repeat it ad nauseum. You didn't bear witness to the whole decade of the nineties where we had to endure that 17 game losing streak against them, nor did you get to see how it all began as a cross-town rivalry.

You won't find one person on this board who can even remotely relate to rooting for them in any capacity or in any scenario imaginable. But hey, I can appreciate you liking a different player and wanting him to succeed. I felt the same way about Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Bob Sanders, Darrell Green, and a few other guys. But the whiners? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Not ever.

Hmm. Guess I should of added that part becoming a diehard Rams fan in '03 (13 yrs old) and being 23 yrs old now, lol. But yea that obviously plays a huge part in why I never truly hated the 9ers like you or any fan that has been through the 80's and 90's time period. If I had been around for that, whether or not I still became a fan of Kap, I would prob never root or like them either.
Yeah, I figured I better provide a little context for ya so you know from where the animosity towards that team stems. Just don't go all fanboi on him when they play the Rams and it's all good. I'd hate to have to sick Username on ya. You can kiss your spleen and/or dick goodbye in that case. ;-)

Sent via Tapatalk2.

RamsLife

UDFA
X said:
RamsLife said:
X said:
RamsLife said:

Yeah, I figured I better provide a little context for ya so you know from where the animosity towards that team stems. Just don't go all fanboi on him when they play the Rams and it's all good. I'd hate to have to sick Username on ya. You can kiss your spleen and/or dick goodbye in that case. ;-)

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Haha don't worry I won't. Like I said before, I will always be a diehard Rams fan. No team or player will ever come between that. So us against Kap and the 9ers? Easy. Rams all the way baby! :cool:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
RamsLife said:

Completely agree X. I've been a Rams fan since 2002 and I'm young too (19), but I have some much more deep seeded hatred for the niners. Given I may not have endured the 80s and 90s, but I hated getting beat at least once a year by the niners in the 2000s. I also hate how fans always rub the 5 championships in your face every time you talk to them. Their fans come across way too arrogant. I also go to school in Nor Cal so I have to deal with all the jibber jabber every year

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
KaeperDICK is a bitch.

And just let me clear something up for the young Ram Brethren...

HATE the Fucking whiners. Nothing is worse. It's your duty as a Ram to always hate that POS franchise.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
X said:
RamsLife said:

Completely agree X. I've been a Rams fan since 2002 and I'm young too (19), but I have some much more deep seeded hatred for the niners. Given I may not have endured the 80s and 90s, but I hated getting beat at least once a year by the niners in the 2000s. I also hate how fans always rub the 5 championships in your face every time you talk to them. Their fans come across way too arrogant. I also go to school in Nor Cal so I have to deal with all the jibber jabber every year
Well, you got your smack ammunition this year. I don't care how far they got (or get), they still couldn't hang with the Rams! Tides are changing, brudda. Over the next decade, we're gonna leave that POS organization in the dust and punk their asses twice every year.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamsLife said:
Ram Quixote said:
RamsLife said:
May be the ONLY Rams fan in the World who actually likes Kaepernick; and by "like" I mean have become a huge fan of his. Never in a millions yrs did I ever think I would become such a big fan of a player who's not on my Rams, esp a division rival. And for me to root for him meaning I would in turn root for the 49ers to win? (not just in the SB but going forward into next season and beyond.) That's just a nightmare that unfortunately has come true.

Would NEVER root for Kap to beat us though. Against everyone else, yes, but not against my Rams. Just think it would be so cool for him to lead his team to a SB victory in only his 10 career start. From his arm strength, accuracy, superb mobility, leadership, pocket presence, and overall personality, I just fell in love with him (no homo). Like I said before I just can't help it and frankly I'm ashamed to call myself a diehard Rams fan. :cry:
For me, that's a nightmare situation, similar to Montana and Brady. I root against young QBs on other teams for just that reason. The norm is what has happened to Matt Ryan. Struggle in the playoffs until the breakthrough comes, then you get to that big moment as your confidence builds. Though he won a SB in his second season, Rothliesberger's performance in his first SB was poor. It's unnatural (Brady) for a QB to win a championship so early--unless it's the Rams, of course.

Someone else posted a scenario for the SB, in which Kaepernick struggles early and often, and Harbaugh is forced to bring in Alex Smith. I must say I'm looking forward to that.

Not going to happen. Only way Smith comes in for Kap is if Kap gets injured. That's it. Anyone who knows the situations knows that Kap is Harbaugh's "guy.' He was the one who wanted him in the '11 draft and traded up to get him in the 2nd rd. If Harbaugh wanted to bench Kap, he would of done it after his one and only bad performance this yr against the Seahags in week 16. Could of also done it after an up-and-down game against us in week 13. Even if Kap were to have his worst game against the Ravens in the 1st half, that still wouldn't be enough for Harbaugh to bench him for Smith. Smith is as good as gone next yr. They will either try to trade him and if no team baits, will release him.
I'll settle for the "struggles early and often" part.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't like the showboating we see with Kaeperdick. The taunting penalty he got in the playoffs a game or two ago is a prime example.

I like guys with fire, but show some class. Act like you've "been there before". Particularly if you want to be called the leader of your team.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
CGI_Ram said:
I don't like the showboating we see with Kaeperdick. The taunting penalty he got in the playoffs a game or two ago is a prime example.

I like guys with fire, but show some class. Act like you've "been there before". Particularly if you want to be called the leader of your team.

He's also got the small little mouth with that stupid smile :sick:

m8E2S.St.11.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

m8E2S.St.11.jpeg
Potato head. :neh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think karma will be served Superbowl Sunday.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

m8E2S.St.11.jpeg
thumb.aspx

That's Mr. Potato Head to you sir! :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MontanaRamsFan said:
X said:
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

m8E2S.St.11.jpeg
thumb.aspx

That's Mr. Potato Head to you sir! :sly:
HA!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
RamsLife said:

c13ad_ORIG-double_facepalm_demotivational_poster_1219545212.jpg

94niners

UDFA
He's trying to be the only one to be able to exploit it financially. Geez. What does NFL stand for? Not For Long. The way he plays, who's to say he doesn't get into a freak accident on the field and have to retire? It's not like he's making millions, here.

RamsLife

UDFA
biggame1190 said:
RamsLife said:

c13ad_ORIG-double_facepalm_demotivational_poster_1219545212.jpg

LOL fuck you Chris.

RamsLife

UDFA
94niners said:
He's trying to be the only one to be able to exploit it financially. Geez. What does NFL stand for? Not For Long. The way he plays, who's to say he doesn't get into a freak accident on the field and have to retire? It's not like he's making millions, here.

Exactly.

And maybe I'm wrong, but ever since becoming a huge fan of his this yr, he hasn't been the least cocky or arrogant as some have suggested here. That's not his personality. He is the exact opposite of that. One of the more quieter and humble athletes I've seen in a long time.