Just replaced the battery in my crystal ball and here’s what it’s now showing me…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Actually The Crystal Ball if What If AD99 retired ???

You know FANTASY FOOTBALL is a thing!! I’m ACTAULLY HAPPY AD99 RETIRED !!! Last year I was HAPPY JALEN RAMSEY got TRADED !!

EVERYONE can call me SO CRAZY !!
You look back at all McSnead’s EX RAMS & MENTORS !!! All those Players SPIRTS are still with The Rams. Shula & Kromer are such GREAT PARTS of The ROOTS!!!

Bring Johna Williams in,switching Steve Avalia to Center,& bringing back Dotson back only Makes HOF QB Matthew Stafford that much better.It will take The Rams offense to The next Level.

My example will be when The Numbers lost The Super Bowl(funny) & how it happened in OT. If you’re a REAL NFL & Football Fan you should really know why it even got there. I know (side tracked), there’s a reason I want Payton Wilson that much more .He is my Fanstasy. SORT of SICK thinking about it & my Mind(F’k).
— well now after the combine I always find that it player that just stands out. Anyways I’ll stop here because I don’t want to jinx it .

—He does remind me of George Kittles the player(not all his BS) & after he ran the 40.It’s easy to see there skill level & drive(power) combination .-anyways.

Just to go back to Greenwell getting hurt & seeing Kelce being SHUT DOWN.Pushing Andy Reed & then as Madden would say BOOM !! There it is Kelce is free.

Protecting Purdue was key !!

Ramboy F’d up !! 2-4 on The NINE YARD LINE CMCat RB. FOUR DOWN territory.!!! The funny thing was my GF told the neighbor she wanted to get a Big 9 Flag like his.She got this Old Flag !! LMFAO

I swear At LEAST ONCE I’m bringing that Flag out during the season & hang it for a week after a 9er Loss !!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think it takes a crystal ball to see that free agency is over (for the top guys any way) and its time to focus on the draft

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I dont think it takes a crystal ball to see that free agency is over (for the top guys any way) and its time to focus on the draft
I don’t think it takes balls at all to make the type of broad, general and somewhat vague predictions that started this thread.

Also…everyone knows that a real crystal ball doesn’t run on batteries! :woozy2:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at battles for the 53 paints an interesting picture after some of the depth signings and other moves (players listed who have a shot to compete for the 53 IMO):

QB: Stafford/Jimmy G/Bennett (3)
RB: Kyren/Rivers/Evans (3)
WR: Puka/Kupp/Robinson/Atwell/Sko/Johnson (6)
TE: Parkinson/Allen/Long/Higbee (4)
OL: Jackson/Jackson/Avila/Dotson/Hav/Noteboom/McClendon (7)

DL: Johnson/Brown/Turner/Murchison (4)
Edge: Young/Hoecht/Hampton/Thomas/Mathis (5)
LB: Jones/Rozeboom/Hummel (3)
CB: Williams/White/Durant/Kendrick/Tomlinson (5)
S: Curl/Lake/Yeast/Taylor (4)

P: Evans
LS: Ward

That's 46. But what's fascinating about this exercise is that it shows the depth of this team - and shows that we're missing a starter on the DL and Edge, and that there may not be enough spots for 11 picks - I think it's possible we intend to trade up or trade back into the end of the first round.

If we ended up with say, Latu and Newton - and traded our day two picks to make that happen. That would leave 7 picks on day 3 to supplement depth needed at RB, OL, DL, LB, S/CB and grab a kicker.

I think we're going to trade up.

dang

Legend
Looking at battles for the 53 paints an interesting picture after some of the depth signings and other moves (players listed who have a shot to compete for the 53 IMO):

QB: Stafford/Jimmy G/Bennett (3)
RB: Kyren/Rivers/Evans (3)
WR: Puka/Kupp/Robinson/Atwell/Sko/Johnson (6)
TE: Parkinson/Allen/Long/Higbee (4)
OL: Jackson/Jackson/Avila/Dotson/Hav/Noteboom/McClendon (7)

DL: Johnson/Brown/Turner/Murchison (4)
Edge: Young/Hoecht/Hampton/Thomas/Mathis (5)
LB: Jones/Rozeboom/Hummel (3)
CB: Williams/White/Durant/Kendrick/Tomlinson (5)
S: Curl/Lake/Yeast/Taylor (4)

P: Evans
LS: Ward

That's 46. But what's fascinating about this exercise is that it shows the depth of this team - and shows that we're missing a starter on the DL and Edge, and that there may not be enough spots for 11 picks - I think it's possible we intend to trade up or trade back into the end of the first round.

If we ended up with say, Latu and Newton - and traded our day two picks to make that happen. That would leave 7 picks on day 3 to supplement depth needed at RB, OL, DL, LB, S/CB and grab a kicker.

I think we're going to trade up.
I’m pretty sure McVay is going to want a new toy at WR. The sweet spot being either the R2.52 or R3.83 pick. And I hope they do not trade up from R1.19 unless adding one of our R3 picks nabs a Turner, Alt, Fashanu, Newton or Arnold.

Right now I want Newton, Verse or Latu with R1.19. In that order.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Edge in the first. DT in the second. Or vice versa. CB in the 3rd. Another edge or DT with the comp pick. See if they can find some depth with the day 3 picks. CB, OL, DT, DE. Guys they can develop into viable rotation players for the next 4 years.

I would be shocked if we didn't pick an offensive player in our 1st 4 picks.
My thoughts exactly. I can see Edge/DT/CB but McVay will have somebody tie down Snead so he can get an offensive player. T, WR, C.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't see a top 8 defense this year.
But offense will be very good, I think.. and there is a massive amount of room for improvement on ST.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you need 5 plus paragraphs to describe what you see in a crystal ball, time for an upgrade. ~ @AvengerRam

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
IMG_1415.jpeg

Agreed.

Crystal Ball or just Captain Obvious? Sheesh...

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sort of funny how my crystal ball answered me.I know this is a F’d up looking sight I’m posting,but if you look at the part about how The Rams Defense is changing really is EXACTLY my Thoughts on Shula’s Defense. Payton Wilson is the player I like & might be worth trading back a few spots in first to move up in the 2nd ??

L. Latu(Verse) in 1st. & Wilson in 2nd rd. Is my dream draft.

I'd absolutely take that as the first two picks. Grab a DT and CB in the third, then grab some offense with the two picks in the fifth. Don't see McVay waiting through four defensive picks before he adds an offensive toy, but I certainly wouldn't mind four straight defensive picks to open the draft ...

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't see a top 8 defense this year.
That's fine. We didn't see a middle of the pack defense last year but it happened anyway. Not seeing something before it happens is more fun than expecting it and being disappointed it doesn't happen. I see a good season so when it turns out better, I will be extremely happy.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's fine. We didn't see a middle of the pack defense last year but it happened anyway. Not seeing something before it happens is more fun than expecting it and being disappointed it doesn't happen. I see a good season so when it turns out better, I will be extremely happy.
20th against yards, 19th in scoring.. definitely middle of the pack, but I think it's fair and accurate to say lower part of middle.
I think the jump into a top ten is tougher, but.. you're right about being optimistic.

I think I'll start to feel better about what the D will look like after the draft. Adding two adults at corner already is a good start.. Curl is an upgrade, imo.. and Lake was just starting to figure it out. So, secondary could be a real upgrade. Let's see about the front 7.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
20th against yards, 19th in scoring.. definitely middle of the pack, but I think it's fair and accurate to say lower part of middle.
I think the jump into a top ten is tougher, but.. you're right about being optimistic.

I think I'll start to feel better about what the D will look like after the draft. Adding two adults at corner already is a good start.. Curl is an upgrade, imo.. and Lake was just starting to figure it out. So, secondary could be a real upgrade. Let's see about the front 7.
Yeah, 16 and 17 are dead middle. So they were 2 slots off dead middle in scoring 3 slots in yards. I'm gonna call it "middle of the pack" anyway, as I believe they were 50 yards allowed out of the #16 position. :biggrin:

But my point was, it really doesn't matter what we see, how we feel or what we think. We don't know how good (or bad) they're gonna be. And we have no way of knowing until the games start. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, I expect they'll be better than last year. Despite losing their DC and AD.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I believe the Rams will draft an Edge, or possibly a road paving offensive lineman or a stout defensive lineman.

I don't think there will be adequate value in drafting a mid to late 1st round QB, plus we already have Stafford who's playing at a high level, possibly the best in the NFC, plus Jimmy G and Bennett. (I was ok with Jimmy G signed for minimum wage).

Looking at the FAs we signed, it looks like the Rams are in "win it all this season" mode. But it also looks like the Rams are being more cautious to avoid having salary cap hell in the near future.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I believe the Rams will draft an Edge, or possibly a road paving offensive lineman or a stout defensive lineman.

I don't think there will be adequate value in drafting a mid to late 1st round QB, plus we already have Stafford who's playing at a high level, possibly the best in the NFC, plus Jimmy G and Bennett. (I was ok with Jimmy G signed for minimum wage).

Looking at the FAs we signed, it looks like the Rams are in "win it all this season" mode. But it also looks like the Rams are being more cautious to avoid having salary cap hell in the near future.
You knows KOOL Steve is that Jimmy G is a Ram & he actually might be BETTER than Brock Purdy if you can keep The Pocket Clean.

Getting Stetson back completes The 2023 RAMS DRAFT that could be The Best Ever NFL Draft in Modern Times. Maybe actually EVER NO MATTER when you think about EVERY RAM DRAFTED in 2023 made The RAMS ROSTER of a Playoff Team & was (THE) one of The MOST PLAYERS DRAFTED !!

I mean WTF RAM FANS - I mean Les Snead got COVID in 2020 & had to HORRIBLE DRAFT when you look at all 4 years.They were able to help win a Super Bowl though which was awesome though.

I feel a surprise coming,but only in The Fact The Rams have a couple players circled.I have mine & can only hope. Tyler Johnson the 9er Beater just resigned & Robinson is back.

IMO Rob Gould has had time to watch film plus he knows & tried to recruit a few of these kids(young men) coming out.I think with this Offensive Line The Rams have would really dominate with an extra STUD RB !! I see 1 being drafted at least by The Rams by the 3rd(4th Rd).
I do not see an Offensive Lineman unless Alaric Jackson isn’t resigned or The Value is too good to pass up. I do like how veteran this group is & think The Development of there young players will continue.Maybe developing another Alaric Jackson type that gets overlooked ?

—Les Snead already addressed his thoughts & the way I interpret it is like 2022.The Rams wanted CKC plus the year before Trent Williams.
The thing was The Rams couldn’t afford it(them) They Traded for VON MILLER & picked up OBJ as a FA mid season.The got a comp pick for Baker Mayfield.Signed Carson Wentz.
My point is it’s like The MLB come trade dead line & teams are unloading players that can’t keep & need to move on from plus develop young players for following seasons.