Just a heads up. Brian Schottenheimer on KTRS 550

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Schottie on now at 7:18. :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It just kinda sits there buffering endlessly for me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thanks for the heads-up... good listen. Don't hear from Schotty much.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
X said:
It just kinda sits there buffering endlessly for me.

Worked fine for me.. Even when I tested link and had them both going. Ever stream the same station with 2 browsers at the same time? :cool: Sorry it didn't work for you man. Might have tried their homepage and went there, but link tested good for me.

Anyways, it was a good interview, and wish they archived. Maybe they do? I gotta get back to packing as I'm moving this weekend. Again, sorry it didn't work for you.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Selassie I said:
Thanks for the heads-up... good listen. Don't hear from Schotty much.

Welcome my friend. It was a good listen. Agreed we don't hear much from him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I missed the Schotty interview but I heard when the team was entertaining Ryan for the DC job the coaching staff was Resistant to Ryan. Which I don't think many people knew.

Lesson

Oh, really?
PressureD41 said:
I missed the Schotty interview but I heard when the team was entertaining Ryan for the DC job the coaching staff was Resistant to Ryan. Which I don't think many people knew.

I thought that that was part of the reasoning why Ryan didn't stay here aside from a few days, due to not being a good fit with the staff?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Any chance someone might be able to post a recording or some transcripts?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking that if Schottey was smart, he would have spent some time in this offseason with a college coach who runs the spread offense at a high level and apply it to his own. Niners did that with their OC ... sent him to Nevada-Reno to learn the "nuances" from Chris Ault.

The spread concept is what Sam was from and won him the Heisman trophy and #1 overall draft status. It also is the same concept from which many of our other offensive skill players were good at.... namely the most recent two, Austin & Bailey.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ReddingRam said:
I'm thinking that if Schottey was smart, he would have spent some time in this offseason with a college coach who runs the spread offense at a high level and apply it to his own. Niners did that with their OC ... sent him to Nevada-Reno to learn the "nuances" from Chris Ault.

The spread concept is what Sam was from and won him the Heisman trophy and #1 overall draft status. It also is the same concept from which many of our other offensive skill players were good at.... namely the most recent two, Austin & Bailey.
His roots come from the Don Coryell and Ernie Zampese tree that also produced Mike Martz. He's already pretty familiar with the spread concept. Most of what we're seeing (as you know) is a read-option offense where the QB can pull it down and take off. Schottenheimer will probably use a lot of shotgun and spread *formations* to fully take advantage of Bradford's strengths (and draw upon his prior experience).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
ReddingRam said:

His roots come from the Don Coryell and Ernie Zampese tree that also produced Mike Martz. He's already pretty familiar with the spread concept. Most of what we're seeing (as you know) is a read-option offense where the QB can pull it down and take off. Schottenheimer will probably use a lot of shotgun and spread *formations* to fully take advantage of Bradford's strengths (and draw upon his prior experience).

I guess you guys didn't hear it,,, but apparently Martz is a big fan of Schotty. That came up in this interview.

jap

Legend
Selassie I said:
X said:
ReddingRam said:

I guess you guys didn't hear it,,, but apparently Martz is a big fan of Schotty. That came up in this interview.

Mad Mike knows Schotty was simply working with what he had, or rather, what he did not have last season---poor to average OL, only a few quality WR's, injuries or nagging injuries to key personnel. Sam the Ram operated behind a huge OL at Oklahoma and put his great accuracy and touch fully on display during his Heismann-winning sophomore campaign.

Let Dr. Bou solve the mystery at LG, and Sam will have his huge OL again. A few quality WR's has blossomed into a cornucopia of receiving talent in Givens, Austin, Pettis, Bailey, Quick, Cook, and Kendricks along with Pead out of the backfield. With Pead, Richards, Stacy, and (maybe) Cunningham to keep defenses honest running out of a spread formation will make defenders hesitate before going after Sam, buying precious extra time for Sam and his fly boys to make a connection on-field.

Let Schotty establish a good mix between pass & rush, tailoring his play calling to the strengths of his troops, and let's see if the Ram's offensive production doesn't jump to at least 25 points per game.