JT: Ravens Sign Rams S Darian Stewart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Ravens announce they have signed former Rams S Darian Stewart.

Stewart is sixth Rams free agent to sign elsewhere, joining: Finnegan (Miami), Smith (Miami), Williams (Buff), Clemens (SD), McNeill (Car).

HELLO Comp Picks in 2015!

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Darian Stewart - DB - Ravens

Ravens agreed to terms with S Darian Stewart, formerly of the Rams.
Stewart, 24, appeared in 13 games with St. Louis last season, making six starts and recording 36 tackles with five pass breakups. He was a favorite of old Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo, who is now Baltimore's secondary coach. Stewart has experience at both strong and free safety. The Ravens are searching for a free safety to book end Matt Elam, who they prefer to use in the box.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
had such high hopes for stewart at one point. Oh well, good luck in Baltimore

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I really like Stewart's ability. He was a really solid player, but don't count on him for 16 games.

I bet Cody Davis takes his spot so we're good, IMO.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Stewart started out with such potential. He layed the wood over the middle, had decent range. Injuries take a toll on the best of em!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stewart started out with such potential. He layed the wood over the middle, had decent range. Injuries take a toll on the best of em!

Yep.

To the OP, I don't think we get a comp pick for Finnegan since we cut him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher depended on him two straight years to be our starting safety....he failed to stay healthy early and caused the secondary to shift early both 2012 & 2013 seasons....It was time for him to move on...thankfully!

Bring on the comp picks

I wonder when we will find out about our 2014 Comp picks???

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fisher depended on him two straight years to be our starting safety....he failed to stay healthy early and caused the secondary to shift early both 2012 & 2013 seasons....It was time for him to move on...thankfully!

I wonder when we will find out about our 2014 Comp picks???
I think our secondary was always better when he did play though. Upgrade needed??? Yes.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Too bad about the injuries, but last year he was outplayed by McLeod and the geriatric Matt Giordano. Wish him well, but we HAVE to uprade - preferably with Jimmy Ward or Deone Bucannon in the 2nd-3rd round.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Too bad about the injuries, but last year he was outplayed by McLeod and the geriatric Matt Giordano. Wish him well, but we HAVE to uprade - preferably with Jimmy Ward or Deone Bucannon in the 2nd-3rd round.
Don't agree. Our best games were with him. We CAN get better though.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I was never a fan of Stewart and am glad he's gone. He always took bad angles, missed tackles and left open cutback lanes.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Don't agree. Our best games were with him. We CAN get better though.
He played very well in 2011, and I thought we were fine at Safety when we got McDonald. Too bad he missed most of 2012. Stewart was a big part of our impressive wins vs the Colts and Bears last year, but the guy just couldn't stay on he field. Really a shame - he's only 25. Wish him well. Oh, and the Matt Giordano comment was an attempt at humor. Noboby played worse than that guy!

nighttrain

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Ravens announce they have signed former Rams S Darian Stewart.

Stewart is sixth Rams free agent to sign elsewhere, joining: Finnegan (Miami), Smith (Miami), Williams (Buff), Clemens (SD), McNeill (Car).

HELLO Comp Picks in 2015!
This quite a change from Fisher's first season, he released over half team & most of them never played again
train

nighttrain

Legend
I really like Stewart's ability. He was a really solid player, but don't count on him for 16 games.

I bet Cody Davis takes his spot so we're good, IMO.
With his 4.41 speed and sure tackling ability, Davis should step up this season. He may nott be the big hitter some like, but hey, leave that for McD
train

lockdnram21

Legend
Cody also seems like he gets to the ball. i dont understand why they say he has no range. He covered Tavon and did a a damn good job.