JT: No holdout coming from Saffold over switch to RT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
DR RAM said:
I understand both parties, but I blame the Rams if no contact was made prior to the situation at hand.

Blame? I dont think it would have even possible to get anything done because the Rams would want to sign him for a RT rebate and Saffolds agents would have rejected any overatures to that if he was playing LT at the time.

So we cant really blame the Rams if it wasnt possible to begin with.

jmo

A55VA6

Legend
paceram said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
A55VA6 said:
What if Roger plays better at RT? What if the OL is fantastic this year? He should realize it and resign with the team. But I feel like this switch will make Roger end up leaving. Even though he's very solid, if he leaves, we can replace him just fine.

For argument sake, lets say he has a pro-bowl caliber year. Option one he re-signs with the RAMS and gets a big contract continuing to play RT. Option two, he has a great year and decides to test free-agency. But if he has a great year at RT, will other teams only pursue him as a RT? If that is the case then it would make sense that he look to the RAMS for a long-term contract which I think they would do.

I understand that LT make more than RT, but how much does one need. One-million dollars is one-million dollars. Que Gordon Gekko. I'm just looking for any input. And go...

If he goes on to have a great season at ORT and he can't come to terms with the Rams on an extension can the Rams tag him next offseason?
I believe so, yes.