Jrry32 First Mock Off-Season (12/21/19)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We can always trade him after 2020 if Evans is ready to step in and be the guy. But it never hurts to have OL depth. I'm curious if Evans could play OG in the interim.

Bobby Evans never really played Guard, but I could see them looking at Evans at LG for example and maybe moving Austin Corbett to Center although I hold out hope for a Center drafted in the 2nd round being the next Center.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think trading NRC makes sense. I'm not a fan of cutting him. But with Ramsey, Hill, Long, and D. Williams, NRC is expendable. But again, I see no reason to cut a quality starter.

I don't want to go after too many lower tier FAs because it messes with the comp pick formulas.

I don't like the idea of trading Hav. He was a very good RT in 2018. We'd be selling low on him. I'd bring him back unless somebody blows me away with an offer. We can always trade him after 2020 if Evans is ready to step in and be the guy. But it never hurts to have OL depth. I'm curious if Evans could play OG in the interim.

I don't think we're good enough to worry about the comp picks anymore. If Wade is gone, and we switch defenses, we'll need to go bargain bin shopping big time.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't think we're good enough to worry about the comp picks anymore. If Wade is gone, and we switch defenses, we'll need to go bargain bin shopping big time.

Keep in mind that defense are hybrids nowadays, not your conventional 3-4 or 4-3. Today DC's adapt & improvise only have to look at Gregg Williams with the Jets a 4-3 guy working with 3-4 personnel.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that defense are hybrids nowadays, not your conventional 3-4 or 4-3. Today DC's adapt & improvise only have to look at Gregg Williams with the Jets a 4-3 guy working with 3-4 personnel.

True but it serves as a good opportunity to NOT sign guys who aren't worth the price tag - namely Fowler and Littleton.

We've also seen Fowler in a (very talented) 4-3 defense and it didn't go so well for him, so I'd be skeptical on that front regardless.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
True but it serves as a good opportunity to NOT sign guys who aren't worth the price tag - namely Fowler and Littleton.

We've also seen Fowler in a (very talented) 4-3 defense and it didn't go so well for him, so I'd be skeptical on that front regardless.

That's a valid point and Fowler is tailor made for the 3-4 and personally I would love to keep him if the Rams continue with that defense. Again JMHO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We definitely need to worry about comp picks with how many 2021 picks we've traded.