Josh Reynolds steps up as No. 3 receiver | Free Agent Spotlight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Don't get me started on Josh Reynolds. I would rather focus on Rainbows and fluffy baby kittens.

I will make one general comment, we need to get more physical. This includes the WR's. We aint winning any Super Bowls with WR's that drop easy passes in traffic, get blown up in the run game, and fail to go up and actually bring a ball down in traffic. This includes the TE's.

/Rant off.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

View attachment 43796
To my thinking this is the reason we have been unable to beat the 9'ers. We simply cannot match their physicality. Very rarely do you ever see a 9'er go down on first contact (unless it's from AD) when we play them.

I want a team that can beat the ever-loving snot out of them physically and mentally.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He stepped up in Kupp's absence during the Super Bowl run but two seasons later, he is what he is. JAG

LOURam85

UDFA
He should go but one of Kupp and woods should go to they both the same type of receivers we need a legit number 1 somebody that’s going to consistently win one on ones

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To my thinking this is the reason we have been unable to beat the 9'ers. We simply cannot match their physicality. Very rarely do you ever see a 9'er go down on first contact (unless it's from AD) when we play them.

I want a team that can beat the ever-loving snot out of them physically and mentally.
But then again, they beat the snot out of Seattle and Arizona who dont have the same trouble with San Fran. I dont think its physical, I think it's a bit of a fluke. Rams could have won both games in 2020, and the last game of 2019 if the defense could/would have made a play at the end. Rams had their way with them in 17/18

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one of Kupp and woods should go to they both the same type of receivers we need a legit number 1

Sure... everyone wants another megatron, but I don't see how getting rid of a receiver who catches 80 balls for 1000 yards, 6-8 TD's, and blocks on every single play, is a good idea. Especially if they are traded for a draft pick. Then again... who knows what happens next with Snead in charge.

MachS

Hall of Fame
The drafting of Jefferson all but sealed his fate. I expect us to draft another WR or add one in FA because he hasn't shown enough through 4 years to keep him around. I'm excited about who our new WR will be.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Reynolds is gone and we draft a scary fast WR/KR who can get on the field and make plays on offense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The drafting of Jefferson all but sealed his fate. I expect us to draft another WR or add one in FA because he hasn't shown enough through 4 years to keep him around. I'm excited about who our new WR will be.
I'm looking forward to seeing Jefferson in season two. I know he'll never be a matchup terror type but he strikes me as the kind of possession wideout a defense forgets about. Kind of guy you look at the box later and think "wow didn't realize how many yards he had." It's the same thing with his deep speed. The dude has a gear he's just not sudden. I expect he'll get a nice share of deep shots this year though.

What would be ideal for our WR corps is a slot with explosive potential and if there's return game ability even better. Slot because you can get them later than the big guys who can stretch it. And if they can find an upgrade over Everett on top of that then this offense will start to remind people of 2018.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to seeing Jefferson in season two. I know he'll never be a matchup terror type but he strikes me as the kind of possession wideout a defense forgets about. Kind of guy you look at the box later and think "wow didn't realize how many yards he had." It's the same thing with his deep speed. The dude has a gear he's just not sudden. I expect he'll get a nice share of deep shots this year though.

What would be ideal for our WR corps is a slot with explosive potential and if there's return game ability even better. Slot because you can get them later than the big guys who can stretch it. And if they can find an upgrade over Everett on top of that then this offense will start to remind people of 2018.

Yea I think Jefferson will have a large roll next year. Look at the last couple weeks with Kupp hurt, he did pretty well. Him having the top overall speed during the senior bowl shows he can be a threat deep, and I agree he'll get his deep shots from Stafford. But its interesting to think what we'll do at WR. I'm not against trading Kupp and trying to sign Golladay, Robinson, or Fuller.

If we draft a rookie early without trading a WR it could be similar to last year where Jefferson didn't see the field much. Would much rather trade Kupp, get the cap space and move forward with some young guns and Woods. Who knows what Brycen Hopkins will be this year with Everett gone. His college tape is great but he never saw the field either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yea I think Jefferson will have a large roll next year. Look at the last couple weeks with Kupp hurt, he did pretty well. Him having the top overall speed during the senior bowl shows he can be a threat deep, and I agree he'll get his deep shots from Stafford. But its interesting to think what we'll do at WR. I'm not against trading Kupp and trying to sign Golladay, Robinson, or Fuller.

If we draft a rookie early without trading a WR it could be similar to last year where Jefferson didn't see the field much. Would much rather trade Kupp, get the cap space and move forward with some young guns and Woods. Who knows what Brycen Hopkins will be this year with Everett gone. His college tape is great but he never saw the field either.

This might sound corny, but to my eyes... Jefferson sorta carried himself a little too casual, or something out there. Not sure if that was a rookie look, or been-there-before look... but he seemed too cool or something.

Anyone else pick up that vibe?

Not that it matters as long as he delivers, and his play showed encouraging signs for 2021.

I do like the jaw jackers like Woods. Scrappy WR’s. Reynolds played great but could be more physical.

Time to give Jefferson more balls.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This might sound corny, but to my eyes... Jefferson sorta carried himself a little too casual, or something out there. Not sure if that was a rookie look, or been-there-before look... but he seemed too cool or something.

Anyone else pick up that vibe?

Not that it matters as long as he delivers, and his play showed encouraging signs for 2021.

I do like the jaw jackers like Woods. Scrappy WR’s. Reynolds played great but could be more physical.

Time to give Jefferson more balls.
I don't remember ever getting that vibe, I got the smooth/confidence knowing he's going to beat the guy he's against vibe

LOURam85

UDFA
Sure... everyone wants another megatron, but I don't see how getting rid of a receiver who catches 80 balls for 1000 yards, 6-8 TD's, and blocks on every single play, is a good idea. Especially if they are traded for a draft pick. Then again... who knows what happens next with Snead in charge.
I’m not saying a negation but we have all possession receivers I think VJ can be what Kupp/woods is I think one of the 2 should get traded and I pick Kupp cause he gets injured every year