Jonah Williams LT requests trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Starter
I rarely get excited when a playoff team upgrades its LT. However, the Bengals picked up the fifth-year option on Williams' contract on April 29, 2022. I might be wrong, but believe they eat the guaranteed money, so we can negotiate to pay only part of his wages. He wants to leave so there is little incentive in trying to stop him.

This means we would get a relatively cheap one-year rental and likely receive a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick (if we do not sign him to a long-term deal). I am not saying he is great, but he is plenty good enough and could become a better player in our scheme.

He is a former top-ten pick, who has played up to his first contract. He is much more durable than Noteboom, who becomes our 2023/24 reserve tackle and trade chip in 2024/25.

Make it happen? Just saying but happy to field criticism :)

Bring it on!

dang

Legend
He gives up a fair amount of sacks. How good of a run blocker is he?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, he was excellent in college, but that was several injuries ago. Using PFF page (yeah, I know some of you hate it, oh well) he was tied for 1st in giving up sacks with 12. Had a 61.2 grade which is pretty avg to bad. Possibly a change of scenery would help? I know Burrow does tend to hold the ball too long, which is probably his main negative. Stafford is used to throwing quickly since he has had Evans in front of him for a couple years.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
From what I've seen he is very injury-prone. If he comes cheap enough I'd kick the tires but his injuries are red flags for me.

~ArkyRamsFan~

muggmeister

Rookie
For the few Bengals games I watch he constantly stands out...as in being absolutely terrible. Can't block his own shadow. This would not the second edition of getting Whitworth from the Bengals, it would end up getting Stafford killed. Burrow has taken a terrible amount of hits the last 2 years and he was a BIG reason why.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One team's trash is another team's treasure.

oldnotdead

Legend
Williams is one of the worst OT's in the NFL. This is an example of underestimating what you have and overestimating anyone and everyone else. It's also an example of going by draft position and my contention that more first round picks never justify their draft position than do. Hell AJ Jackson is head above Williams as an OT and he was an UDFA. The bottom line is don't believe the media hacks.

Williams SUCKS if you watch him play. The Bengals won't get crap for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whoa, he's making 12.6 mill in 23
Hard to believe they would be creating cap room for this guy

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's pretty good at blocking... Blocking nobody.
Thought he was already on the roster. Don’t you know that ?I guess Raheem Morris has him playing the wrong position.Maybe it’s because he is friends with Mcvay. Zach Taylor out in the wrong scouting report before he became HC in Cinncy.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Thought he was already on the roster. Don’t you know that ?I guess Raheem Morris has him playing the wrong position.Maybe it’s because he is friends with Mcvay. Zach Taylor out in the wrong scouting report before he became HC in Cinncy.
Well it was Bobby evans

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
WOW - looks like 2 teams picked him up. Wait that might have been baseball with the world league. Hard to keep track anymore looking for LA Rams news. Might have been Colorado St.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Lord Bobby Evans scored a incredible 29 on PFF last season. I'm not sure I've seen a lower grade ever for anyone. And I think its high still.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whenever we see a guy demanding a trade, or a team cutting a good player, I would not get too excited thinking maybe we will pick him up. Its clear they are not signing anyone but a cheap, low level depth guy. What we have now as our starting lineup is what we will have when the season starts. All we can do is let them evaluate who will be good enough to keep next season when they have more to work with as far as cap money. This is a throw away season.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our team’s a mess. I don’t see any good in investing in a Bengals cast off at this point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lord Bobby Evans scored an incredible 29 on PFF last season. I'm not sure I've seen a lower grade ever for anyone. And I think its high still.
Well IMO it’s sort of astonishing that Mcvay didn’t see how bad Bobby Evans was & destroyed his play calling. Bobby Evans single handily got both Kupp & Stafford hurt . If nothing else helped putting them on the IR & shutting them down for the 2022 season.