Johnny Hekker restructures contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
One of us Sneads Scouts found Hekker.

He and Zuerline have been amazing but especially Hekker.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of us Sneads Scouts found Hekker.

He and Zuerline have been amazing but especially Hekker.
Maybe, or maybe the scout said oh there's this guy but I don't like him and Snead did so they signed him. Another thing to ponder is would he have been this good without Bones' coaching him? Who knows what happened in that draft room/udfa time and what could have happened if he went somewhere else.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is #WeNotMe something that McVay said at one point or is it something that we've been rolling with here at ROD because I haven't heard him say it? Yes, McVay got rid of some bum complacent players but I don't think he's target specific character types, especially if you look at the moves made this offseason. To me, he just wants motivated great players regardless of personalities...even Wade said he doesn't try to control players. Now that doesn't mean they won't hold them accountable if they aren't doing their job but this #WeNotMe thing sounds like Spags four pillars.

It was the Rams team slogan. There were signs up around the complex, some shirts had it on in the weight room videos.
Teams have theme slogans every year. It gives players a goal to focus on. It is a simple motivational tool that is very affective.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
...maybe the scout said oh, "there's this guy but I don't like him" and Snead did so they signed him.

Snead does not have time to scout every player.
The first year remember he was using Spags scouts because of time restraints.
Snead didn't replace Spags Scouts until the following offseason.

The Scout picks over, edits and brings the film to Snead.
Snead then sits down with the Scout and goes over the film.
And then Snead, mtl, has the final say.
(I seriously doubt Fisher dealt with UDFA's but possibly)

I give Snead 100% credit on this one.