John Sullivan Interest in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Giants interested in Rams center John Sullivan
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2018, 1:38 PM EDT
gettyimages-885846904.jpg

Getty Images

Giants General Manager Dave Gettleman is serious about fixing his offensive line.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Giants have invited Rams center John Sullivan to visit, leaving open the question of whether Sullivan accepted their invitation. Washington is also interested, after losing center Spencer Long to the Jets.

The 32-year-old Sullivan brought some stability to the Rams line last year (along with left tackle Andrew Whitworth), and the Giants could use a similar boost.

They’ve been extremely active on that front, signing left tackle Nate Solder and guard Patrick Omameh. They also put the second-round restricted free agent tender on center Brett Jones, so adding Sullivan would likely move him to guard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
UFA OL'ers getting big paydays. The demand of veteran OL'ers has increase year by year. While the vast amount of college OL'ers are entering the NFL with major flaws:alien:.

Rams Org. :sneak:may have serious issues keeping this solid Goff/Gurley OL together after this season. Rams have zero :unsure: in talented depth currently in the OL.

Last edited:

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Blythe played well enough at OC didn't he? You can't resign everybody. I'll trust Kromer if Rams let Sullivan go in FA.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I for one assumed the Rams would have no trouble re-signing Sully

Assumed = Ass out of U and Me.

fearsomefour

Legend
Blythe played well enough at OC didn't he? You can't resign everybody. I'll trust Kromer if Rams let Sullivan go in FA.
Sullivan helped Goff a lot with understanding adjustments, per Goff.
Don't wanna lose this guy over a small amount.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d like to bring him back but I have no doubt Kromer will get the same level of production out of Blythe, Eldrenkamp or a draft pick.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’d like to bring him back but I have no doubt Kromer will get the same level of production out of Blythe, Eldrenkamp or a draft pick.

Sullivan helped Goff a lot with understanding adjustments, per Goff.
Don't wanna lose this guy over a small amount.

My concern about losing him is that we also lost Greg Olsen who was reported to have greatly helped Derek Carr in learning protections at an NFL level. Losing him and losing Sullivan (our main guy calling protections) makes me a tad worried about how it could affect Goff's progression in this key aspect of our offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Amen. Kromer turns water into wine at Center. Sullivan's career was dead in the water before he signed with us last year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My concern about losing him is that we also lost Greg Olsen who was reported to have greatly helped Derek Carr in learning protections at an NFL level. Losing him and losing Sullivan (our main guy calling protections) makes me a tad worried about how it could affect Goff's progression in this key aspect of our offense.
I hear ya but you have Goff, Blythe and Eldrenkamp having learned from Sully and Olsen for a year. Also McVay and Kromer are still here, I’d like to keep Sully, but if we don’t it’s not a sky is falling problem imo.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
If I read PFF right he was the #10 Center last year. So the question is...can Blythe replace him?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I read PFF right he was the #10 Center last year. So the question is...can Blythe replace him?
As Jrry said the year before Sully couldn't get any playing time and was injured the year before that. When he came to us people were questioning the signing. Now he had a good year and he's too good to lose? Trust in the coaches that brought out the best in our entire OLine to keep doing the same IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sure hope we keep him. I like as little as possible transition on the O. It's not broke. SW leaving makes me want no other big changes. Get me another WR, RB. TE for depth, and draft some OL depth. Keep Sully around for a couple more seasons please. And I do have confidence is Blythe but...........

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
As Jrry said the year before Sully couldn't get any playing time and was injured the year before that. When he came to us people were questioning the signing. Now he had a good year and he's too good to lose? Trust in the coaches that brought out the best in our entire OLine to keep doing the same IMO.

My concern is that the sum of the whole was greater than the sum of the parts on the OL. For whatever reason, those guys really seemed to jell, nearly from day 1. I'd hate to see that chemistry messed up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My concern is that the sum of the whole was greater than the sum of the parts on the OL. For whatever reason, those guys really seemed to jell, nearly from day 1. I'd hate to see that chemistry messed up.
And we saw little or no drop off when Blythe and Neary played center. What cracks me up with all these threads we have made daily is just a week ago everybody was talking about how smart Snead and McVay were and how great they'd done. Now a couple days later when fans don't get the moves they want people are panicking and questioning the same guys they were applauding last week.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What cracks me up with all these threads we have made daily is just a week ago everybody was talking about how smart Snead and McVay were and how great they'd done. Now a couple days later when fans don't get the moves they want people are panicking and questioning the same guys they were applauding last week.

So what you're saying is... We're already in mid-season form!!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

While I have faith in the coachin staff and wouldn't be worried if Sullivan was lost, you can't forget Sullivan was one of if not the best centers in the league in his prime. Even though he's much older and came off a couple le bad years, it's much easier for a coach to bring out the talent that was clearly once there than it is to make talent appear in an inexperienced player