John Hadl, Rams QB - RIP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
John Hadl

Led the Rams to a 12-2 record in '73.
It was a short stint... Rams got plowed by the 'boys and in '74 he was benched.

Not here for a long time - just a good time! Thank you Mr Hadl.

1669843434650.png

N

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This one is closer than others.

The year I fell in love with the Rams. And he had much to do with it.

Tough day.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's interesting that I feel a connection to Rams players who played before I was born. Dodgers players as well. I guess I can thank my dad for that. His stories turned me into the fan that I am.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
1669854625643.png

White shoes with the white jersey.

1669854803006.png

And ... Blue shoes with the blue jersey.

Simple, yet elegant.

1973 was a terrific season because the Rams were not expected to be good. Great memory.

Thank You John Hadl.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This one is closer than others.

The year I fell in love with the Rams. And he had much to do with it.

Tough day.

Yeah, this one really takes me back. I was a little too young to appreciate the Roman Gabriel/Fearsome Foursome days (although that’s when I established the Rams would be my team) but I remember my dad taking me to my first NFL game—Rams vs Raiders in the pouring rain at the Oakland coliseum. #21 was the QB.

People always asked me how I could be a Rams fan, living in 9er/raider country. Seriously? Look at those unis! They’re STILL the best ever.
—plus, we owned the 9ers back then.

Tano

Legend
I became a true Ram fan in 73 at 7 in September. I loved John Hadl..RIP Big John it was a pleasure to watch you perform
I was 11 in 73 and that is when I really started to become a Ram fan. I would listen to Dick Enberg on the radio and I remember hearing Hadl throwing long long long to Jackson quite a few times that year

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That 1973 Ram season was really special! Mostly because of #21. The year I graduated from Eau Gallie HS /Brevard County /Fl.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still remember that October 14th game in 1973 like it was yesterday when the Dallas Cowboys played our beloved Los Angeles Rams at the coliseum.

John Hadl completed 4 touchdown passes in the first half to Harold Jackson and led the Rams to victory 37-31. Cowboys & the great Roger Staubach made close in the second half and I kept yelling "Cover Stowe." That was Otto Stowe a WR that was creating havoc in our secondary against the likes of rookie CB Eddie McMillian.

You can search on YouTube NFL Game of the Week Cowboys vs Rams 1973 and watch it for yourself, but my parents knew then, with their 7 year old son yelling "Cover Stowe." the passion for the game and my passion for the Los Angeles Rams....Here Since Hadl!
1669907865382.png

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
You became a Ram fan while living in Florida?
Nice!
Bet it was the unis.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I still remember that October 14th game in 1973 like it was yesterday when the Dallas Cowboys played our beloved Los Angeles Rams at the coliseum.

John Hadl completed 4 touchdown passes in the first half to Harold Jackson and led the Rams to victory 37-31. Cowboys & the great Roger Staubach made close in the second half and I kept yelling "Cover Stowe." That was Otto Stowe a WR that was creating havoc in our secondary against the likes of rookie CB Eddie McMillian.

You can search on YouTube NFL Game of the Week Cowboys vs Rams 1973 and watch it for yourself, but my parents knew then, with their 7 year old son yelling "Cover Stowe." the passion for the game and my passion for the Los Angeles Rams....Here Since Hadl!
View attachment 57649
When I think of that same first year for me, that Dallas game sealed the deal for me. Those TD passes to Jackson was pure magic to this boy.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

View attachment 57649
Yeah crazy because Otto Stowe was the guy for the Cowboys early in the season and when he got hurt Drew Pearson took his place and had that winning catch in the playoffs. Rams DBs that year.... the weak spot. Steve Preece was like Taylor Rapp. Okay maybe not that bad.

RIP Mr. Hadl. He looked mighty cool in horns and that unconventional #21 QB jersey..