Jerry Rice Jr. and the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
She's an attention grabbing toothpick with fake tits. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :LOL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I always found it crazy, that without fail, no matter the sport, no matter how good the superstar, their sons would never even be average talent in their respective leagues. You'd think somebody somewhere would have a son with at the very least a modest career, skill obviously isn't hereditary so it makes sense they wouldn't have nearly as much talent, but so many of them just lack talent at all.

Montana, Rice, Gretzky, Jordan. Doesn't matter the man, all their kids are just.. Meh. It's crazy, it's like having a superstar dad curses you to be below average.
Ahem.... Chris Long, Kyle Long...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Ahem.... Chris Long, Kyle Long...
And Laurinaitis if we don't need to stay in football. Loved his dad for years before I heard of James and his uncle was big in Japan, though not in the US as much.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And Laurinaitis if we don't need to stay in football. Loved his dad for years before I heard of James and his uncle was big in Japan, though not in the US as much.
Do actors count? :cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Let's not kid ourselves, he wouldn't be the receiver he is today if he was on the Detroit Lions his entire career. I didn't say he wasn't great. But he definitely was not the fastest guy on the field.
He was TGOAT in my book.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
A Kevin Greene mention. :)
-------------------------------
49ers pass on Rice, but sign another guy with familiar name
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 27, 2014

a57c036b28125d0a4e0f6a706700dbf4.jpg
AP

The 49ers didn’t sign Jerry Rice Jr. after his weekend tryout with his dad’s old club, but they did sign a guy with a familiar name.

The 49ers announced they signed tight end Kevin Greene and linebacker Chase Thomas, and waived/injured tackle Luke Marquardtand waived/non-football injury linebacker Morgan Breslin.

The Greene they signed isn’t the Hall of Fame finalist pass-rusher who did a year with the 49ers in 1997 (posting 10.5 sacks), but a defensive end/linebacker/tight end from Southern Cal who was undrafted.

Thomas, from Stanford, was with the Saints and Raiders last preseason, and spent the year on the Falcons practice squad, before having a cup of coffee with the Packers this offseason.
My son played BB against Greene when he was a Sr. at SHCP in San Francisco during Greene's Sr. yr. It was a State Playoff game. What an impressive physical specimen he was even in HS. 6'5" - 235#'s. But very courteous and well spoken kid.