Jeremy Maclin. 1 Year Deal. Yes Or No?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin

Impending free agent Jeremy Maclin reiterated Monday that he's willing to accept a one-year deal.
"I understand it could be a possibility that (the ACL tear) may scare some teams off, or a team may want to do a one-year deal as opposed to a long-term contract," Maclin said Monday. "That's the game, that's the business." Maclin also said he's open to re-signing with the Eagles, and that the sides have "had talks." Although Maclin's knee is obviously a stumbling block, he's still only 26 (in May). Unless his medicals are a nightmare, his upside should net him some multi-year offers. Considering the state of the Eagles' receiver corps outside of DeSean Jackson, there's a strong chance Maclin will be back in Philly. Jan 13 - 4:35 PM
Source: CSN Philly

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Depends on the medical and the cost. A fully fit Maclin is better than any of our wide receivers have shown so far, but he'd probably cost quite a bit.

RamsFan14

Starter
If he's not so expensive, sure why not. If this is what Snead was talking about when he said he wanted to bring experience to the team, then sure he won't be bad, if the price is right. I think he's probably more capable then Givens personally of giving us big plays. Givens was a huge disappointment this season, I'm not sure what happened to him... He played great in the preseason (which IRONICALLY means the regular season is going to go terribly (kinda joking but seriously, I swear you see that happen quite a bit in the NFL IMO)). I would see if we can somehow snag Josh Gordon from the Browns if the Browns want the #2 overall pick. That's my ideal scenario because he's amazing, maybe a Watkins sounds good in the draft too. Watkins can be a younger version of Maclin except without the experience (which is big, we can't always be bringing in young guys and expect them to be amazing instantly). I think Austin will have a much better second season, and if he does then it'll open things up for our current playmakers.

Honestly... I have no idea lol.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he's not so expensive, sure why not. If this is what Snead was talking about when he said he wanted to bring experience to the team, then sure he won't be bad, if the price is right. I think he's probably more capable then Givens personally of giving us big plays. Givens was a huge disappointment this season, I'm not sure what happened to him... He played great in the preseason (which IRONICALLY means the regular season is going to go terribly (kinda joking but seriously, I swear you see that happen quite a bit in the NFL IMO)). I would see if we can somehow snag Josh Gordon from the Browns if the Browns want the #2 overall pick. That's my ideal scenario because he's amazing, maybe a Watkins sounds good in the draft too. Watkins can be a younger version of Maclin except without the experience (which is big, we can't always be bringing in young guys and expect them to be amazing instantly). I think Austin will have a much better second season, and if he does then it'll open things up for our current playmakers.

Honestly... I have no idea lol.

If we get Josh Gordon I will be dancing in the streets!! :woot::woot::woot:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Maclin has already stated that he's prepared to take a low cost prove it deal. So the money isn't an issue, unless we hit a bidding war, which i don't see.

Dude is a more complete receiver than anyone on our team, and he brings experience to our corps.

“I understand it could be a possibility that [the ACL tear] may scare some teams off, or a team may want to do a one-year deal as opposed to a long-term contract,” Maclin said Monday, via CSN Philly. “That’s the game, that’s the business.”

source: http://nfltraderumors.co/jeremy-maclin-open-signing-one-year-deal/

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
@ what cost $$$$ what would his signing prevent the Rams Org from securing elsewhere ???? Hell No!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I guess you would have to check him out and see what it would cost and have a plan for how he would fit and who he replaces. I don't think he is what we need on the surface

iced

we don't have any receivers that get open or catch the ball - i don't care how big they are as much as their ability to get open and catch