Jeff Fisher's next Job IMO./UCLA hires Chip Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It will always be something then. Since Jerrah took over it's been drama story after drama story with what, 2 playoff wins in 20 something years?

That's right, so add in a new co star to the drama, Jeffrey Michael Fisher.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I was hoping he would be coaching in the Youth Football league that I coach.
I wanted to show him the power football blueprint .You know precision execution,
with very few penalties,because you're always more disciplined than your opponent.

There's a guy with his name on a trophy who came down from Mt Sinai
and said, "These are the Commandments of Power Football."
Apparently Jeff was out that day.

Ram65

Legend
Why not?

I don't see any team hiring Fish as a HC so, if he wants back he he will have to settle for a DC position. Dallas needs a quick fix and is a nice spot to get noticed. Fisher showed that he can put together a very good defense. Give him some draft pick power and let him put together a defense. Wentz is going to be around for a long time. The Cowboys are going to have to build a pressure defense that can control him.

@den-the-coach

Do the pair him with your boy Scott Linehan?

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4739977/cowboys-reward-rod-marinelli-scott-linehan
Both Coordinators contracts are up 2017.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@den-the-coach

Do the pair him with your boy Scott Linehan?
tumblr_nyqxaw28tk1qa9yc1o1_400.gif

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think Fisher is done coaching. I would not be surprised if Kroenke fired Fisher as a favor to avoid being the losingest coach in the history of the NFL.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
That's right, so add in a new co star to the drama, Jeffrey Michael Fisher.

Den, I opened this thread thinking you might have something thoughtful to say about CJF.

I guess you did.

The replies have been all too predictable.

Youth football? C'mom man...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, you can't give Ryan all the credit and that Eagle defense was very good as I recall, the defensive line for example.

All what credit. That two of the three years in Philly with a HoF DL his defense was mediocre? Just threw up the Rams' defense over 5 years on another thread, all middle of the pack in scoring defense.

As most of us know, Fish is the definition of mediocre. Love the guy because of his ability to lead players, but tactically he's a step slow and always has been. I'll be surprised if anyone considers him as DC and even moreso if he entertains it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not Fisher but ... if I had the kind of money he does and no need to work, I can assure you my ass would stay retired.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All what credit. That two of the three years in Philly with a HoF DL his defense was mediocre? Just threw up the Rams' defense over 5 years on another thread, all middle of the pack in scoring defense.

It was a high risk, high reward defense, that's how Buddy Ryan rolled. Ryan's last three years in Philly he was 31-17, the defense was better than the numbers. Also the defense that Fisher was part of with the Titans under Gregg Williams were rated very high. Overall again I make no apologies for Fisher, but again I'm willing to bet, he can coordinate a defense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has there ever been a hc who returned to coordinator after being hc for 20 years?
If anything, I could see jones firing Garrett and hiring Fisher as hc while leaving Linehan in charge of the offense

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If he does anything, I would guess it’s at the college level.

But, I think he tries to enjoy retirement. He’s in rare company with such a long NFL career.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he does anything, I would guess it’s at the college level.

But, I think he tries to enjoy retirement. He’s in rare company with such a long NFL career.
He lives in one of the most beautiful spots in the Country, with some primo fishing waters. I'd kill to be able to just stop working and live the life he's living right now, but at some point it has to become mundane. And former head coaches always get that itch to get back into the game in some capacity because it's such a rush. I'll be curious to see what he does in a few years, but I don't think it'll involve the NFL. Because despite the thrill of it all, it's also very, very demanding. Fishing in Montana is the polar opposite of 20 hour days in the NFL. Maybe he'll appear in more music videos..

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He lives in one of the most beautiful spots in the Country, with some primo fishing waters. ..

How about the winter in Montana? I'm betting they don't do much fishing and please don't post about ice fishing because quite frankly, I can't think of anything worse IMHO, but that's because of watching The Omen!