Jeff Fisher Post Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
The Kendricks drop was horrible... now I don't expect the coaches to get up there and publicly demean him.

However the idea "that the ball got on him too quick" is horseshit. I want back on my DVR and watched it a few times.

He literally closes his eyes when the ball gets there after focusing on it for 1-2 seconds.

It's hard to say for sure.. but it looks like a choke. Now when your team has been making the playoffs or winning you kind of write that stuff off... but when players make key mistakes at key moments.... for years upon years...

Let's not sit here and act like it doesn't mean anything.

Fisher doing the Jedi mind trick to some of you guys.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Is it just me or were every tough question from Vinny directly followed by questions of the a** puckering variety??

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just hope people are as critical of Goff *when* he makes crappy throws or bad reads.
That would be the fair and objective thing to do. Regardless of whether or not he's a rookie.
He shares one thing in common with Keenum. He's a Ram and (will be) the starting QB. Let's call him crap too when he struggles.
Unfortunately, there are those that will. It doesn't matter how good a Ram QB is, some will call out every mistake and loss because Goff wasn't the guy they wanted.

As for Keenum. He's far from shit. He's scrappy and fun to watch and I'm happy he's a Ram. I'd like to keep him as our backup for as long as we can. he's going to have as long career.
His down fall isn't his doing. He's just not as superior a talent as Goff is. Goff is a special talent. Well soon find out if he can put it together in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He literally closes his eyes when the ball gets there after focusing on it for 1-2 seconds.
I didn't see it that way.
But maybe my DVR is more forgiving than yours.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hope people are as critical of Goff *when* he makes crappy throws or bad reads.
That would be the fair and objective thing to do. Regardless of whether or not he's a rookie.
He shares one thing in common with Keenum. He's a Ram and (will be) the starting QB. Let's call him crap too when he struggles.
The thing is, at least with me, is when/if Goff makes these mistakes I believe he can get better. I feel we've seen the best Case Keenum has to offer and it's just not good enough. Will we know the extent of what Goff can be by years end? Not likely but we won't know until he gets on the field. Again the big thing for me is Goff is going to need game experience sooner or later and should improve from it. Keenum is giving us all he has already.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
You realize that's not exactly true, right?

I didn't say that it's impossible for the Rams to make the playoffs sitting at 3-5, I just said it's unrealistic at this point because of how we have been playing these last few weeks.

JackStraw

Rookie
The week the Ram's legitimately become unrealistic to make the playoffs I totally tap out.

I can't wait for the next three games. Specially next week, because pending a practice injury Ram's top 20 will be healthy again!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sure they are.

I don't think anyone is saying the offense will take off with Goff. Peyton Manning went 1-15 his rookie season. What most are saying is if we are going to keep losing then start the kid and get him reps now, so he can be prepared for next year. Winning, or losing with Goff is better than coming up short with Keenum each week. ( pun intended)

Some will be but Goff doesn't have 3 years under his belt. He is expected to make mistakes. Most sane fans have thrown in the towel on the playoff hopes. It is time to start looking to the future. We are tired of Case missing the wide open sure TD each game. We're are tired of the momentum killing int each week. We are tired of the batted passes each week. Case isn't improving, it's time to see if Jarred can make us think he has more to offer, even if he does make some of those mistakes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Someone said on here that there are bigger problems than just Keenum. It might not be popular but receiver is lacking compared to other teams. Sand makes tough clutch catches for Atlanta, Oakland has two other receivers making tough clutch catches. You can see the disparity in receiving talent on the Rams every time you watch other games.

Tavon is nearly invisible, we never know if Quick or Lance will actually catch the ball. The incredible Marquez gets a Chance a game and doesn't make the tough catches. The only receiver worth his salt is Britt. The WR and OLine still are far away from being good units. Fisher keeps promising he'll fix it in these post game interviews but he never does, so maybe the only way to fix it is by getting better coaches or drafting better players.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Kendricks drop was horrible... now I don't expect the coaches to get up there and publicly demean him.

However the idea "that the ball got on him too quick" is horseshit. I want back on my DVR and watched it a few times.

It's hard to say for sure.. but it looks like a choke. Now when your team has been making the playoffs or winning you kind of write that stuff off... but when players make key mistakes at key moments.... for years upon years...

Let's not sit here and act like it doesn't mean anything.

Fisher doing the Jedi mind trick to some of you guys.
Huh?
The ball was in the air less than a second. It was a bad drop. He had another drop earlier. But, he was also the only one doing any damn thing in the passing game for a large part of the game.
Keenum missed on open WR for a probable score (Quick), Kendricks dropped a sure TD, out kicker missed two field goals. Those plays represent a17 point differential (kicked a FG after the Kendricks drop) that the O left on the field.
Fassel's ST were terrible all day. Don't know if their was one kick with a return that didn't have a flag. Two missed kicks and a pathetic inside attempt. It was a strange play and illegal anyway.
Hey Fassel, we get it we get it you are so very clever.....how about make sure a play is legal before you run it. As bad as the Rams onside execution was it was a work of art compared to the Steelers onside attempt.
Kendricks drop is easy to remember because it was an easy play, but, plenty of reasons the Rams lost today.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The thing is, at least with me, is when/if Goff makes these mistakes I believe he can get better. I feel we've seen the best Case Keenum has to offer and it's just not good enough. Will we know the extent of what Goff can be by years end? Not likely but we won't know until he gets on the field. Again the big thing for me is Goff is going to need game experience sooner or later and should improve from it. Keenum is giving us all he has already.
I appreciate your explanation, and I wholeheartedly agree.
I was just wondering if we were going to continue to use pejoratives to describe the QB when he doesn't live up to our expectations.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how would that be "fair"?
One QB has been in the league going on 5 seasons now and has made 23 starts and is still making "rookie" mistakes
I expect Goff to make mistakes, but the difference is that I look forward to watching him grow from it.
Like I did with Bradford, I'll give Goff a heck of a lot of rope. THAT is the only fair thing to do

JerseyRam1

Rookie
The NFL this year seems so mediocre across the board. You see teams like the Cowboys, Lions and Raiders rise up as others flatline like the Packers, Vikings and Broncos after hot starts. Thats what makes this season so frustrating. The Rams can hang with anyone, its just the weekly stupidity that has them once again below .500. The poor play calling, the missed opportunities, the penalties, the turnovers. If any of them is modestly improved, the Rams could be 5-3. What is most frustrating for Rams fans is the two areas that are the hallmark of a Fisher team is defense and the running game. Both have let him down. If he cant do that great, is it any wonder why he is below .500 again?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And how would that be "fair"?
One QB has been in the league going on 5 seasons now and has made 23 starts and is still making "rookie" mistakes
I expect Goff to make mistakes, but the difference is that I look forward to watching him grow from it.
Like I did with Bradford, I'll give Goff a heck of a lot of rope. THAT is the only fair thing to do
Because it would be fair.
Give him all the rope you want, I don't give a shit. Just making sure people use pejoratives to describe him when he makes mistakes. That's the fairness of which I speak. If that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, good to hear him going to bat for Kendricks. He did have a lot of good catches before that drop.
And it's like I thought. The ball got on him in a hurry and he just didn't have enough time to react to it and pull it in.
crap happens.

He dropped it, the ball was right there and he dropped it.

Agreed. Kendricks had a good game today on the whole. I'm not saying his drop was at all acceptable. It wasn't. But good to see Fisher got to bat for Lance. Even with the drop, I think Kendricks showed he still deserves to be a real part of the passing attack going forward.

He doesm and he had a good game. But that dropped TD changes an L to a W..........almost certainly.

I admire him for not letting one player be the scapegoat.

I will help him. Kendricks dropped the ball which is most likely why we lost the game.

Could pass, run, run or run, pass, run and even throw it to Gurley a few times like they did today for a change up. And maybe even keep him in the game for 5 or 6 plays in a row.

Gurley got 12 carries, 17 for the entire team versus 46 passes. I can see that if you are down 21-0 but this was never out of reach. He is giving up on the run game too fast, this is not the first time he's done this.

I don't blame the coaches either, they can't do that.

We can though. LOL

That drop was terrible, just terrible.

I'm not going to blame GZ for two missed 55 yarders outside. Inside he would have hit one I'd bet, outside it's harder. The Kendricks drop was the difference maker in this game.

The games are usually won or lost on a small number of plays and dropping a TD pass is as bad as it gets.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I will consider all Goff's crap nuggets of gold at this point

Trust me on this, Goff is getting a long honeymoon from me
It will totally be unfair to Case but that's the way it goes when you're our rookie #1 overall draft pick compared to a journeyman QB we waived and reaquired for a 7th round pick

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Because it would be fair.
Give him all the rope you want, I don't give a crap. Just making sure people use pejoratives to describe him when he makes mistakes. That's the fairness of which I speak. If that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you.

I don't think that fairness of which you speak exists in fandom