Jason Cole on Sam Bradford. Kevin Wheeler show E$PN 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
No we haven't. We've seen them restructure and defer immediate gains to future gains.
Neither of them ever gave away money for the sake of helping the team. They just took it later or in different ways.

And no offense to you, but I'm growing weary of the ultimatums by fans about Bradford 'refusing' to do this or that.
Perhaps it would just be best to let the process play out before insinuating or speculating that he has evil intentions or is greedy.
You and me both.It's like Bradford is the only player that has to produce to make this team successful and I am so sick and tired of these what if scenarios.You'd think Bradford is the only player on the Rams.Let's talk about something else.Like if the Rams are going to draft a guard or a center.Geesh!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Personally, I believe Sam is a standup guy. But I doubt his agent is. How much does he trust his agent? Would he be willing to tell him he wants to help the Rams by taking less? Or does he stay out of it and let his agent handle the negotiations? Some players don't want to deal with that end of the business.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I hope he restructures. I really have convinced myself it's best for both parties. A 3 year deal works two fold. Bradford has the ability to prove he's healthy and effective for a sustained period of time. The Rams have a chance to actually invest and develop a QB behind him, either as a #2 or eventual starter.

Sure it's at a slightly reduced rate, but he's investing in himself. If he can string together back to back healthy and effective seasons, it increases the likelihood of a long term contract here or elsewhere. I say back to back seasons because year 3 is essentially the lame duck season. He either plays his way into a long term deal here or plays his way into a Brad Johnson situation.

I just really think letting it all ride on the 2015 season is too big of a gamble for both sides.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And what did that UFA do for them this year? :cool: :D I hate it too man, but just saying.. We're freaking jinxed..
What did Amendola do for them this year? Besides having a good game in the Super Bowl, he caught 27 passes for 200 yards and a TD on the year.
Those kinds of numbers are fairly easy to replicate.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
No we haven't. We've seen them restructure and defer immediate gains to future gains.
Neither of them ever gave away money for the sake of helping the team. They just took it later or in different ways.

And no offense to you, but I'm growing weary of the ultimatums by fans about Bradford 'refusing' to do this or that.
Perhaps it would just be best to let the process play out before insinuating or speculating that he has evil intentions or is greedy.

Nah. Makes too much sense.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The Rams are so screwed. Let's say best case scenario happens Bradford restructures and extend his contract. He plays 2015 and has a good not great season. In my opinion he will want a big contract and the Rams would be stupid to give it to him. I just don't think Bradford is worth it. This team needs a healthy Bradford but they need a to draft a QB that can start in 2yrs Bradford is not the answer.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
First thing that came to my mind is who the Freek is Jason Cole and what does he know about Rams football operations and Sam Bradford's contract negotiations??? My best guess is he knows less than most of the ROD members so who cares what he thinks. I didn't even listne.

Next the rams and Bradford have each other it is quite obvious this staff likes Sam, Sam had input to who the next OC would be and they are going to live and die with each other.

IF Sam and his agent restructure they are not going to give money back to the franchise, that is just the stupidest thing I have heard about this situation. It isn't happening, it never happened with any other player move on.

Again IF Sam restructures it will be for more years and perhaps deferring some money to later in his contract. That would be a great opportunity to have some extra cash to rebuild the Oline. Something that should have been done before rebuilding the defense IMO. They had a franchise QB and did not protect him, got him jacked up not once but twice. I still hate the decision to put Bradford behind Long in a preseason game, that was the worst move this regime has made and it cost them a year. If anything they owe Bradford, not the other way around.