Jared Verse wearing #8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate to even type this but it's been bugging me... 8 still carries the nasty ass stench of failure Bradford left all over it (not to mention guys like Dils and Maddox). Now I know some will start listing greats who have worn that number, starting with Kobe. But football numbers are their own thing to me.

Dickerson had a buddy intervene and tell him he chose a slow ass number. Where is the intervention with Jared Verse letting him know he's wearing a broke ass QB number.

Now of course I don't think there's a curse or anything ridiculous. I'm bored waiting for the season. But it does bug me that he chose 8 which is kind of funny. Figured I'd get over it by now but when I see him in the practice photos wearing it that stank is still there. :laugh4:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hate to even type this but it's been bugging me... 8 still carries the nasty ass stench of failure Bradford left all over it (not to mention guys like Dils and Maddox). Now I know some will start listing greats who have worn that number, starting with Kobe. But football numbers are their own thing to me.

Dickerson had a buddy intervene and tell him he chose a slow ass number. Where is the intervention with Jared Verse letting him know he's wearing a broke ass QB number.

Now of course I don't think there's a curse or anything ridiculous. I'm bored waiting for the season. But it does bug me that he chose 8 which is kind of funny. Figured I'd get over it by now but when I see him in the practice photos wearing it that stank is still there. :laugh4:
Don't worry that number will still have that sorry ass QB stench on it only this time it'll be the stench of the punk ass quarterbacks that he sacks

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Merlin,
Take solace in the fact that he’s gonna play defense.
…but no more “broke ass QBs” wearing the number, please.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm still in the Sam Bradford was screwed by a shitty org camp.

Come at me.
Sammy the sleeves would have been a mid pack QB at best even with a solid squad around him.

Argue with a wall

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think it's fine. The fortunes for a number can change.

#9 Joe Germaine, Keith Null, John Wolford, Matt Stafford
#17 Donnie Avery, Puka Nacua

What's in a number anyway?

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I did like seeing him in 5 and Fiske in 55 but hopefully Verse will make 8 the number everybody wants.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's in a number anyway?
The universe itself is in the numbers.

BCE6D19059ED1C476553BFFD8CE9FD63EA2818C4

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm still in the Sam Bradford was screwed by a shitty org camp.

Come at me.
He definitely could have been better if he hadn't first been dropped into Fisher's prevent offense and the dogshit that preceded it with Spags before.

That being said, he wasn't the most durable guy either and that might have fucked his career even with good coaching and good surrounding personnel.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
On December 8th, 2022, my 50th birthday, Baker Mayfield led one of the most improbable come from behind victories I can ever remember. Maybe the EIGHT is back?

PS Both my brothers were also born on the 8th.

Go Verse!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Who knows maybe QBs just end up injured when near the Rams jersey #8? I have no problem with that as long as its Verse wearing #8 and he stays away from Stafford.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If 8 ended up on his back a lot with the Rams then maybe 8 will will end up putting people on their backs a lot with the Rams.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
May want to check with @Merlin on this.

#5 was worn by former Rams' QBs Dieter Brock, Nick Foles and Blake Bortles.

If Bradford having worn #8 is a problem, Merlin's head might explode if Verse switched to #5.
I think 5 is ok. Each number has a feel to it. So to my eye it's not great as a pass rusher number, but that might be moreso due to the fact I don't like DL types wearing single digit numbers.

We all have a different feel on these things. Just had to put it out there after seeing that photo of him in camp wearing Scam Bustford's number.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We might be pronouncing Eight as ATE soon. He ATE the QB! The QB got ATE! ATE yet?