Jared Goff - kudos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Goff played amazingly well considering his injury! And I really like Wolford but he better learn to slide feet first or he is going to get killed one day.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff played amazingly well considering his injury! And I really like Wolford but he better learn to slide feet first or he is going to get killed one day.

Funny that people were calling goff a pussy for sliding the previous game ... maybe he knew the hawks be headhunting

TXRams86

The Infamous
I’ll give credit where it’s due. He didn’t play a great game but he didn’t turn the ball over and played through injury when most QBs would be out for the remainder for playoffs. He did enough to help win the game and I’m grateful for that.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Proud of Jared. That showed guts. I hope this improves his confidence, and I hope he realizes that, if he plays mistake free football, can sustain drives, give us opportunities to get points on the board, we’re a damn tough team to beat. We have a championship defense. We just need our QB to be an efficient game manager. No turnovers and we’re SOLID!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I still prefer the head first dive. They usually flag defenders for going after the QB's head when he gives himself up. But I guess Wolford isn't a fancy enough QB to get protection.

dang

Legend
I still prefer the head first dive. They usually flag defenders for going after the QB's head when he gives himself up. But I guess Wolford isn't a fancy enough QB to get protection.
Exactly. How could the refs throw a flag...and after review not see that Adams put his shoulder into Wolfords helmet with the intent purpose of punishing him. It was not a tackle to impede forward progress. I wonder if they would have picked up the flag if Ramsey did that to Wilson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goffs been my QB. I like the person and the talent and I want to see him succeed, not just for the Rams but for Jared Goff too.

I also support Wolford, how could you not root for an underdog? How could you not like his moxy and enthusiasm? I was happy to cheer him on, making memes and being totally stoked for his opportunity. But last week after the Cardinals game I knew he was taking too many hits to the head... not that this was his fault. He shouldn't have been injured on that play... but playing fearless is a luxury for people who haven't been wrecked yet. The kid might have a bright future in the NFL and I hope he does. I'm a fan.
Nice post.

It had to feel great for Goff to be the QB who stood up and survived that game and got us the W. Because no way his thumb is 100% if the Rams sat him at the start. Gutsy game by him.

Wolford had the chance of a lifetime delivered to him and he basically squandered it by not being more careful. IMO. But going forward the way this played out might have been a good lesson for him (compared to what it could have been) not to mention maybe it gives 16 a nice confidence boost that he needs and that could benefit us here in the next game.

OH and I keep forgetting... Sneaky Pete Carrol is no longer undefeated at home in the playoffs. :biggrin:

MolaRam

UDFA
Exactly. How could the refs throw a flag...and after review not see that Adams put his shoulder into Wolfords helmet with the intent purpose of punishing him. It was not a tackle to impede forward progress. I wonder if they would have picked up the flag if Ramsey did that to Wilson.
They would've invented and implemented the 75yd roughing the wilson penalty rule.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Big thing is he put enough drives together to get some points, which kept pressure on Seattle's offense, and which also kept our D fresh. My fear was they would wear down if the offense couldn't help them out and Russ would eventually hit a couple big plays.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yall already know how I feel.

Goff has weaknesses in his game like anyone and his particular problems are compounded by this O-lines weaknesses.

There couldn't have been more internal pressure on him tonight. He didn't play scared but he did play smart. He made the plays necessary to get us the W and he did it with an injured thumb and I have to believe injured pride. In a road playoff game against a division rival. He jogged on the field as if he was expecting it. When things started rough, he didn't panic. He let the game come to him rather than try to force it.

Have to add that the Seahawks were putting a lot of external pressure on him too with their rush. But Goff handled it well and the running game was good enough to make some play action work.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Goff did what they needed him to do in this game, hopefully his thumb improves this week...also glad to see Wolford just had a stinger.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hats off to Goff! His thumb looked like it was definitely bothering him, but he gutted it out. Hekker was probably worried there for a bit as he was next man up. Lol.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Hats off and mad respect for toughening it out but I still don’t think I he should have done it. He was clearly hampered by the thumb as expected and could have really cost them. Unless there’s some huge turn of events by next week I hope to not see him out there personally

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It was clear after watching him that he wasn't healthy and had no business being out there. I'm kind of pissed Bortles wasn't active knowing that and hope McVay changes that next week. But yeah that was a very gutsy performance by Jared.
He is a grown-ass man and played his ass off with a broken thumb...sit his ass next Jack Youngblood for Ram courage

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best thing he did today was not turn the ball over. Great job and keep it up, and we'll be able to play with anyone

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That thumb was looking discolored at the end. Would love for Goff’s thumb to heal quickly.

That said, I’m more comfortable with Wolford if they have to repeat having Wolford start and Goff in reserve while he heals.