Jalen Ramsey deal (after a couple games).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Ok, sure. I think you missed my original point but yes sometimes you find great players in later rounds lol.

Teams definitely can, I wouldn't rely on that too much though; I'll give Kromer the benefit of the doubt but he vastly overestimated Blythe and Allen on the interior line along with Saffold and Sullivan gone. I'm expecting a major FA pick up this offseason and then filling some starting spots in early Day 2

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Teams definitely can, I wouldn't rely on that too much though; I'll give Kromer the benefit of the doubt but he vastly overestimated Blythe and Allen on the interior line along with Saffold and Sullivan gone. I'm expecting a major FA pick up this offseason and then filling some starting spots in early Day 2

My biggest fear is we cant afford any FAs. Those contracts eventually are going to catch up to us....hope im wrong lol. I have/had a lot of faith in Kromer and thought the oline played really well the first 2 weeks, cant really speak to the past few weeks though. I have to admit I thought having Allen and Blythe would be fine and it did appear that way early. But I agree they will address oline early in this coming draft.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
My biggest fear is we cant afford any FAs. Those contracts eventually are going to catch up to us....hope im wrong lol. I have/had a lot of faith in Kromer and thought the oline played really well the first 2 weeks, cant really speak to the past few weeks though. I have to admit I thought having Allen and Blythe would be fine and it did appear that way early. But I agree they will address oline early in this coming draft.
Things might be a little tight in 2020, but there's definitely some cap space to fix some holes. Nobody knows what the 2021 salary cap is going to look like, but a lot of people think that QBs will be treated differently than other players. A salary cap bump is likely as well, which should provide more room for additions.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If y'all thought what we gave up for Jalen was a lot, you must not have seen what Wash wanted for Trent. Cleveland had a first rounder and the farm on the table and they still didnt budge. There was no way we were getting anyone decent without giving up a first and then some. Gotta take the least biggest immediate hit. Fowler will be our trade bait to get back in the higher rounds imo.

Plus Trent Williams situation is fucked up. The Redskins really screwed him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ramsey seemed like a strange "Snead flashy" trade. Meanwhile, since he has been here he has been routinely beaten and run his mouth about an opposing WR before a game. Now they have to find a brinks truck to lock him up or the trade is a calamity. That will make it hard to pay for help elsewhere..... And this team needs a lot of it.

The Gurley, Goff and Cooks contracts look like horrible moves at the moment and will hamstring the club for the foreseeable future. Here's hoping the Rams can un fuck themselves or they will be the laughing stock of the league.....again. The bloom certainly appears to be off the rose. Ah well, we'll get em in another 20 years, lol. At least we're not the Lions....

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Seems like the players that run their mouths always seem to miss out on the trophy just as they are about to grab it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ramsey seemed like a strange "Snead flashy" trade. Meanwhile, since he has been here he has been routinely beaten and run his mouth about an opposing WR before a game. Now they have to find a brinks truck to lock him up or the trade is a calamity. That will make it hard to pay for help elsewhere..... And this team needs a lot of it.

The Gurley, Goff and Cooks contracts look like horrible moves at the moment and will hamstring the club for the foreseeable future. Here's hoping the Rams can un fuck themselves or they will be the laughing stock of the league.....again. The bloom certainly appears to be off the rose. Ah well, we'll get em in another 20 years, lol. At least we're not the Lions....

Way too much pessimism for a team as good as the Rams. The Rams have 1 failing unit (OL), the rest of the team is in good shape. With a little tweaking 2020 could easily have us over $33.mil. in available CAP. It's just a matter a priorities, would you prefer to re-sign Littleton for big money or would you rather sign someone like Scherff at RG ?
A big deal is being made of Ramsey's future extension and how it will handicap our CAP, but his extension isn't likely to take effect until 2021, so the projected 2020 CAP remains unchanged. 2021 will see a few of our higher paid vets like Gurley, Cooks & Higbee facing restructured contracts or a trade option, both Weddle & Matthews will be off the payroll, and Havenstein becomes an easy money saving CAP casualty. The Rams have very few reasons to worry over the 2021 CAP. jmo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Points the rams d has allowed since Ramsey joined the team.

What else do the sad sacks want?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just to piggyback onto what others are saying - yes, the Bengals and Steelers are bad offensive teams - but the Falcons are not.

Before we played them they dropped 30 points and Ryan was nearly perfect, the week after we played them Schaub threw for 400 yards on Seattle. We made them look worse than any other team has this year, especially when you consider their only TD came in garbage time.

Ramsay has elevated the defense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And why is Pittsburgh being dismissed as a bad offensive team? With Rudolph at the helm they'd scored just under 24 offensive points per game including the likes of San Fran (20 pts), Baltimore (23 pts) and Indianapolis (19 being lowest in 6 starts).
And home against the Rams? 10 points

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Ya its full of 3rd, 4th and 6th rounders. Would be nice to use a 1st rounder on the LT of the future maybe?

Cuz we have been SO successful doing that.
And take a peek at the draft value chart sometime - like from picks 25-40 - not a lot of difference.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Cuz we have been SO successful doing that.
And take a peek at the draft value chart sometime - like from picks 25-40 - not a lot of difference.

Our success comment is getting SO old. We have done it twice and that was 6 and 11 drafts ago! Come man, different front office, different people calling the shots. I trust this front office to make a good pick, but your are right no sure bets, but the odds increase in the 1st round.

I dont need to check out a draft chart, basic math tells me the sooner I pick the better my odds of hitting. What does the draft value chart say about 18 lol.

PICK

Jaguars (via Rams)

Rams' record: 5-4 (.500)
Previous week: No. 19
This week's Rams game: vs. Bears

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah - so we messed up twice, and I was half kidding. Past is no indicator of the future. I agree.

Main point was what I'M tired of hearing - how we gave up SOOO much in 1st round draft picks. It just isn't true.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah - so we messed up twice, and I was half kidding. Past is no indicator of the future. I agree.

Main point was what I'M tired of hearing - how we gave up SOOO much in 1st round draft picks. It just isn't true.

The Fish screwed up lol. The only part of the 1st rounders that bothers me especially with this team now is you control that talent for 5 years. We had some good drafts and are approaching end of deals for guys like Kupp, Woods, Brockers, Littleton, etc.

there is a high probability no matter who they picked they would not be as good as Ramsey. But if signing Ramsey means losing Kupp, Woods, Brockers and not having draft capital to replace that talent or a chance at replacing that talent, that concerns me. Not having a 1st rounder is 5 years will catch up to us sooner or later. I hope Snead pulls off some miracle and makes me eat crow but that will be a huge task.