Jake Long and his impact on the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
The ripple down effect! This after signing Cook leaves us in the enviable position of having three picks of the top fifty and no real needs, just wants. OL just slipped a few notches, and here's hoping the ROK is ready this time around, but the draft will tell us what Fisher and Snead think.

BPA on Rams board now a reality..

I sure want Austin.....Snead with his comments that SB needs weapons makes this seem a natural..Austin rocks from three positions on offense..
train

A55VA6

Legend
Re: Jake Long and his impact on the drart

Yeah I agree. Austin would be a great fit.. although if Cordarrelle Patterson is there... I want him.

I think the Long signing gives us the ability to go get playmakers now. Should be fun to watch unfold.

…..

Legend
I do like the postion we're in alot better now that we got TE and OT solidified.

I'd say though that we do actually have need at safety. Possible RB

Some would say LBer is a need but we've done well with vet minimum signings so I'm not concerned as much since we're armed with the knowledge that we cant fix every hole every year.

All in all, you're right. And Snead has said that he prefers to draft players based on thier abilities and strengths rather than draft necessity to fill needs. So far so good in his book too I'm sure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good post, train.

These signings help loosen the noose. WR, LB, and S still feel like big needs.

I see Jonathan Cyprien and a WR round one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree about the Safety. (no one could tell by looking at my posts I'm sure) I'm thinking Safety/WR in the 1st and OLB/RB in the 2nd and 3rd. Yeah?

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I think jeff fishers record of not selecting o lineman in the first round will stick true. I am thinking a wide receiver (most likely tavon) and either a TE, OLB, or safety (although I think the draft is deep enough with good dbs)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
lasvegasrams said:
I think jeff fishers record of not selecting o lineman in the first round will stick true. I am thinking a wide receiver (most likely tavon) and either a TE, OLB, or safety (although I think the draft is deep enough with good dbs)

I want Austin but the hype machine is rolling. I don't think he makes 16 anymore.

A55VA6

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
lasvegasrams said:

I want Austin but the hype machine is rolling. I don't think he makes 16 anymore.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a big body with incredible skill. I would LOVE to have him on the Rams. If Austin is gone, hopefully Patterson is there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A55VA6 said:
CGI_Ram said:
lasvegasrams said:

Cordarrelle Patterson is a big body with incredible skill. I would LOVE to have him on the Rams. If Austin is gone, hopefully Patterson is there.

I fear there is good chance neither will be there at 16. If that's the case, I say don't chase a WR. You would then have to pick a Safety and OLB and get a WR in the 2nd where Woods may still be there.

A55VA6

Legend
Ramhusker said:
A55VA6 said:
CGI_Ram said:
lasvegasrams said:

I fear there is good chance neither will be there at 16. If that's the case, I say don't chase a WR. You would then have to pick a Safety and OLB and get a WR in the 2nd where Woods may still be there.
If neither WR is there at 16 I hope Vaccaro or Warmack is there. I'd snatch up Vaccaro in a heartbeat.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
would the rams trade their 16th and 22nd if they think austin will be gone by then? i dont think it would be worth it if it were up to me.

A55VA6

Legend
lasvegasrams said:
would the rams trade their 16th and 22nd if they think austin will be gone by then? i dont think it would be worth it if it were up to me.
It's all about best player available.