Jake Ellenbogen's 2017 L.A. Rams Final Mock Draft 5.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well , I'd question a couple of your picks , but I did just see Kittle run his 40 TE's dash. WOW he is fast & smooth.

Goodwin is solid as well. WTch Senior Bowl today & Zay Jones is a player. Very impressed & RB Hunt

Was thinking The Rams need help at DB
I like our CBs believe it or not. Just draft DaQuan Holmes in the seventh and you have a group of corners

CB1: Trumaine Johnson/Mike Jordan
CB2: Kayvon Webster/E.J. Gaines
SCB: Nickell, Robey-Coleman/Blake Countess
CB4: Mike Jordan/DaQuan Holmes
CB5: Troy Hill

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like our CBs believe it or not. Just draft DaQuan Holmes in the seventh and you have a group of corners

CB1: Trumaine Johnson/Mike Jordan
CB2: Kayvon Webster/E.J. Gaines
SCB: Nickell, Robey-Coleman/Blake Countess
CB4: Mike Jordan/DaQuan Holmes
CB5: Troy Hill

Agree . I think Troy Hill might surprise .What a freaking stupid move on his part last season. Liked him live at a practice. He really stood out. The CB's have some good NFL experience . That's what I like about The Rams offensive line.

If The Rams go O'Line I think your right about the pick. No real center on roster.Kromer has a little feel for what he is seeing . I liked seeing him scouting at combine with his son.Real cool.

Really like how McVay went with his coaching staff.A lot of mentoring. Even for himself he hired Wade Phillips who is just at the top of his game right now. He gives him the keys & says drive it.He will learn a lot from Wade as well at meetings.Just those experiences.Always learning & trying to get better.

The rich history & back grounds of some of these young coaches. Even having Fassel back as special teams coach.Was cool seeing his dad on The Rams side line & loving it .

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Great work Jake. Really like the players you selected, but my only concern is there is the lack of defensive players. We have too many players hitting FA on the defense and will not be able to sign them all. Would like to see defense addressed sooner, but again really like the players.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Absolutely love this guy.Prefer him over Zay,JuJu .
He fits the type of receiver we need.Capable of stretching
the field.Great homework on this one Jake!

You have no reason to.

Also love the Kittle, Pocic picks as well.
I studied Kittle a bit,when @jrry32 had him in one of his mocks.
I was impressed with the same things you were. Tenacious attitude when blocking
and can turn on those jets as well.Big fan of your mock,though I am not as well
versed when it comes to later round selections

Zero

Pro Bowler
. I don't find it necessary to draft a top corner. The NRC signing made it unnecessary.
True,but we need to grab a corner that can be ready to go
by next year.Don't think we will see Trumaine after this year.
And , as @den-the-coach mentioned it may require a min. 4th round investment.
That being said I haven't studied your D2 guy and
can't say he wouldn't fit the bill.

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I'd be pretty happy with this draft. I'd rather luck out and have a Derick Rivers sitting there in the 4th than Blair Brown just cause the need is higher. But I'd be impressed with our future with Godwin, Pocic, and Kittle.
Thanks for reading, I hear you, but I think Rivers stock is growing.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Great work Jake. Really like the players you selected, but my only concern is there is the lack of defensive players. We have too many players hitting FA on the defense and will not be able to sign them all. Would like to see defense addressed sooner, but again really like the players.
Thank you! It's funny because I was knocked by many people for putting too many defensive players haha. I think this is the mock I just found the most peace with. I had another with Tabor in the 3rd round and Anzalone in the fourth instead of Blair Brown, but I decided I love Blair Brown too much to pass on him and the Rams dont need another CB in my eyes. So I'll take DaQuan Holmes later on who compares to Malcolm Butler

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
True,but we need to grab a corner that can be ready to go
by next year.Don't think we will see Trumaine after this year.
And , as @den-the-coach mentioned it may require a min. 4th round investment.
That being said I haven't studied your D2 guy and
can't say he wouldn't fit the bill.
I hear you man, the crazy thing is he might go higher. We will see, I totally see your point though.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Also love the Kittle, Pocic picks as well.
I studied Kittle a bit,when @jrry32 had him in one of his mocks.
I was impressed with the same things you were. Tenacious attitude when blocking
and can turn on those jets as well.Big fan of your mock,though I am not as well
versed when it comes to later round selections
Thank you! I will say I wasn't expecting many to like the end of the draft, but it's more of a "Trust Jake" type of thing. You may not know of Javancy Jones, Fish Smithson, DaQuan Holmes and Kyle Sloter but I believe in their abilities and watched plenty of tape to have the faith in them.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Good spot. Even with Lynch there.
I agree all I hear is that he is likely to beat out Chad Kelly because of the injuries and has a chance as long as he gets the reps in camp and preseason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree all I hear is that he is likely to beat out Chad Kelly because of the injuries and has a chance as long as he gets the reps in camp and preseason.
I forgot Kelly was there. Hmmm. If he's healthy he'll be tough to beat. If his head is on atraight

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I forgot Kelly was there. Hmmm. If he's healthy he'll be tough to beat. If his head is on atraight
Oh absolutely. As much as I love Sloter, he's a little less experienced than Kelly, although he has more upside.