I’ve got a feeling about Snead in this draft...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why trading Tavon adds no financial value, paying for a player who's not on the team. Yes he takes up a roster spot but 100% of his pay this year is now used in the Cap. I'm betting there is a no trade clause in there.

Maybe but I have a hard time imagining why the Rams would include a no-trade clause in that contract. They know damn well he's a non-fit, so why tie their hands? Doesn't wash for me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe but I have a hard time imagining why the Rams would include a no-trade clause in that contract. They know damn well he's a non-fit, so why tie their hands? Doesn't wash for me.
Lol
Of course there isn't a no trade clause in there. Why would either side want that?
Austin is playing for his NFL future and clearly sees staying with the Rams as a good option. He gets cut by the Rams, he may have a hard time finding another team. If he got traded, he wouldn't have that issue....

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I figure the Rams promised not to trade him at least before training camp, with or without a formal clause. If he has any trade value, then Tavon would have been better off being cut instead of renegotiating his contract - he has the same amount of guaranteed money, might as well get some more money and get to choose where he goes. But he wants to show the Rams that he was worth the money - in exchange for giving up his freedom, he would need at least a real chance to show the Rams.

Now, if he isn't going to make the team - yes, it helps both sides to trade him during TC. But before then, why would Tavon renegotiate his contract without any assurances?

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm sorry but with how poorly Ogletree graded out as far as linebackers go this last year, getting rid of him is addition by subtraction.
I don't follow that reasoning at all. When it comes to "grading out" there are factors to consider. Things don't always come down to "grading out". It was this teams first year under a new DC playing in a 34. In doesn't just come down to Tree's play. How about everyone else...like Quinn moving from DE to OLB.

It's not always "black and white"...and you can't deny Tree was playing better as the season went on.

I think this link makes the point:
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...les-rams-mark-barron-alec-ogletree-pff-stats/

There's good and bad on Ogletree's play...the point I'm making OVERALL is this:

WHAT ARE THE RAMS GONNA DO TO ADDRESS LB PLAY?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
USATSI_9001667-450x300.jpg

I AM LES SNEAD!!! ALL YOUR SIXTH ROUND PICKS ARE BELONG TO US!!!