Is this Rams team likable?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The GSOT team was the most Christian team I've ever seen in NFL history . Ray Agnew (DT) became a paid team Chaplan even after his last game with us. He played next to D'Marco Farr ,we had Rev. Ike and everyone is aware of the Faith Kurt Warner brought to the team. Kurts best friend on the team was our TE Ernie Conwell who left the Rams and went to Seminary school in New Orleans after leaving the Rams. Many players had strong shows of Faith I will have to limit due to board rules but I think that team was rewarded for their positive walk and against all the negative that is instituted into the game and has gotten proggressively worse.

Kurts first words when lifting the Lombardi were "First Things First" "Thankyou JESUS" . His #1 Charity organization now is called "First Things First" that builds homes for the poor and they do so many things even still in the St Louis yearly coat drive that is done outside the ED Jones dome and gives everything back to the area surrounding our stadium. Kurt does'nt hate St Louis for anything done in his release. He is still gratefull for his opportunity he was given. Coach Vermeil was the perfect coach for that time. He is still very close with many of GSOT guys. We are in an Apostasy now that was written would come. Its sad how kids look up to what the so called proffesional football players do. Just look at college ball and all the copying. It is really a mess we don't have enough HIGH Character guys that influence the kids coming up.

SierraRam

Recreational User
We are dealing with the "Me" Generation where everyone wants to be recognized for every little thing they do.

We were down 17-0 and Tavon ran for a first down. He was chirping at Redskin players, fans...

Shut the hell up and get in the huddle

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Which NFL team is it that doesn't talk trash, taunt, spar after the whistle, and have a coordinated celebration for even pedestrian plays?

This is NFL culture - this is just how it is these days. Like many of you, I don't like it - but its league wide.
I totally agree. From a personal standpoint, if I'm getting my ass handed to me, the last thing I want to do is talk smack trying to make-up for playing poorly. Just get back in the huddle, try to be better on the next play, and the next, etc. These guys only look foolish when they talk smack and they're getting beat. Regardless of the score, just shut-up and play football.

Unfortunately, it's stemmed all the way down to pee-wee football. These kids see it on TV, etc. and they want to emulate the guys they admire. To me it's out of control, and unfortunately not going away anytime soon.

Irish

Starter
No, this team is not likable at all, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The problem I have is that they have almost no self awareness. They go about social media and training camp and game day like they are this dominant force to be reckoned with, and they just aren't. They commit stupid penalties (both regular and personal fouls), are CONSTANTLY mouthing off, walk with this unearned swagger everywhere on the field, and they have no concept of the fact that they are losing not only the game, but damn near every individual battle. And this isn't some recent thing; it has been happening since Fisher got here. Meanwhile, they have exactly 0 winning records, 0 playoff appearances, 0 division titles, and until last year had almost no pro bowl selections.

Its Cortland Finnegan mouthing off after getting burned badly(again). Its Jared Cook pushing his starting QB on the sidelines after failing to make a play (again). Its Janoris Jenkins running his mouth about Steve Smith's family and subsequently getting his lunch eaten on Sunday. Its training camp fights against the Cowboys that dominate national sports media.

If they were any good and battling for a championship, or hell, even a division title, it would be one thing. But this is a sucky team until they prove otherwise, and after yesterday's effort, it doesn't do a whole lot to inspire confidence that things have changed. It is really not difficult to see why so many in St. Louis have all but given up on this franchise.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Win, Lose, or Draw the Rams are My Team! Always have been, always will be!!(y)

Athos

Legend
Which NFL team is it that doesn't talk trash, taunt, spar after the whistle, and have a coordinated celebration for even pedestrian plays?

This is NFL culture - this is just how it is these days. Like many of you, I don't like it - but its league wide.

The Packers usually play a professional game. Yea they have their moments, but they lay clean, coordinated, do a controlled celebration like they've been there before, then get right back at it.

It may be league wide, but when your team has sucked shit for years, you just look retarded doing it.

I want a coach who can be that players coach but also suffers no BS and keeps his players under control on the field.

These guys still play like they're in college rather than doing a paid job and it shows.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Packers usually play a professional game. Yea they have their moments, but they lay clean, coordinated, do a controlled celebration like they've been there before, then get right back at it.

It may be league wide, but when your team has sucked crap for years, you just look retarded doing it.

I want a coach who can be that players coach but also suffers no BS and keeps his players under control on the field.

These guys still play like they're in college rather than doing a paid job and it shows.

As I recall - wasn't there a game changing taunting penalty in the NFC Championship game last year that let the Seahawks back in it?

Did I not see Aaron Rogers just troll RW in his postgame?

And as you said, maybe this is an issue of having earned it. The Packers are elite - maybe - like the 99-01 Rams - they have the right to talk.

But lets not act like the Packers are out there playing football like a hockey team. Their mouths are running too.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Mmmm. Good qustion.

Even when winning they're frustrating to watch and when good plays happen, you have stupid garbage like that Britt penalty and Cookies tantrum.

I miss the class of the GSOt. They let their play speak for themselves.

I've noticed this team does a hole lot of talking and showing off.... When they haven't won crap yet.

I'll say one thing, I hope the talk about nick-names finally comes to an abrupt end because until this team proves it can win and execute consistently, it remains a "work in progress." I've become more than tired waiting, not to mention the endless excuses year after year. There are numerous examples of coaches who became competitive in a couple of years, even with major rebuilds, but this team seems almost incapable of significant progress....they load the front 7 with 5 first rounders, they're 2 deep at almost every position only to watch the Skins run all over this so called "vaunted defense."

Personally, Fishers "we're going to fix it" crap has worn extremely thin as have the chances for a winning season.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

It may be league wide, but when your team has sucked crap for years, you just look retarded doing it.

Although Fisher (players coach) was a good choice to rebuild, particularly the way he handles youth and (problem children) that style (IMO) is less likely to take the Rams to the "promised land" and for that I believe we need a disciplinarian and a coach that can challenge this team and each player to excel. Like Bradford, I just don't see Fisher as being the type of personality-leader this team needs at this moment.

If Fisher has anything, it's a long history as a H.C., the results of which speaks for itself....the term always a bridesmaid comes to mind.:(

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we are being a little harsh on the kids, I mean, they are still probably youngest team in the league.

They are just having fun, cut them some slack.

All these posts come up after a loss.. because we think they should be professional and do their work,
and their goofing contributed to the loss..

Well, they are doing their work, they are not acting any different after a win.

OH yeah, I think the team is likable.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I think we are being a little harsh on the kids, I mean, they are still probably youngest team in the league.

They are just having fun, cut them some slack.

All these posts come up after a loss.. because we think they should be professional and do their work,
and their goofing contributed to the loss..

Well, they are doing their work, they are not acting any different after a win.

OH yeah, I think the team is likable.

I think you're correct, the question then becomes.....will they accept (minimum wage) until they "grow up?"

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're correct, the question then becomes.....will they accept (minimum wage) until they "grow up?"

Well, in theory they are.. at least the NFL minimum for their positions and draft slots.

Most of them are still on their first contract.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think overall they are a likable team. Something about WR's and DB's in which the players of those positions league wide are the ones usually mouthing off. But I think when you look at the core of this team they are pretty likeable.

Donald, Brockers, Long, JL, Ayers, all pretty professional. Throw Foles on there on the offensive side and those guys are all pretty likeable. Our DB's and especially our WR's can be a little mouthie sometimes. But truth is, I dont think NFL fans care enough about the Rams to notice.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Well, in theory they are.. at least the NFL minimum for their positions and draft slots.

Most of them are still on their first contract.

Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning, some states now or will soon pay workers $15 an hour to start.....that's a good beginning. :eek::mad: As we agreed, if they act and play like children, then pay them as such.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't think this team is likeable at all. As football fans what would we think of this team if we were fans of another team? These guys talk so much noise and have done NOTHING. It just makes the whole team look absolutely pathetic. You can't take a team seriously that can't even have a winning record but will talk trash every game and stare down people when they're LOSING. Wasn't it Avery dancing after scoring a td a few years ago when we were down big? I personally get really tired of the league wide jawing and trash talking. There is literally someone talking crap or celebrating after EVERY play. Just gets so old to see guys jumping around after doing their job and making a tackle or catching a ball for eight yards. Even if this was a perennial playoff team I would still not like the trash talking. But at least they would have earned the right to talk back to someone who said something. Wish more players would let their play on the field do the talking.

Athos

Legend
Yea man. It's really bad when teams are getting throttled, any team really, but especially the Rams, when they get a 1st down and act like they just turned water into wine or made some crazy ass trick shot.

Get your ass up, get back in the huddle, and get ready for the next play. If the Rams suddenly stopped all this BS, I think it'd weird teams out honestly. This isn't college anymore, trying to impress for some cheerleading punnany after the game. This is a job. Other than the Lambeau Leap, which imo, is actually more celebrating WITH FANS after a TD, rather than looking retarded dancing in the EZ like a damn fool, you should just stop....completely. Especially the perennial losers. It's embarrassing.

Hell, I'd revoke ALL celebration rights for Rams players: sacks, TDs, TFL, fumbles, INTs, etc....unless they cleaned the shit out of their play and gave consistent effort week to week.

Yea, I'd make it the no fun league. You wanna celebrate? Win the damn game. Then talk all you want for 24hrs, then shut the fuck up again.

Rinse and repeat.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning, some states now or will soon pay workers $15 an hour to start.....that's a good beginning. :eek::mad: As we agreed, if they act and play like children, then pay them as such.

Hahha.. I gotcha, I was trying to relative to the industry that's all.