Is the post-Championship House Money Honeymoon Period Over?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That playoff run was just so fucking epic, ....
Ass-whupping of a divisional rival to open ...... a game winning drive on the road to take down Brady and the defending champs ... beating the be-hated 49ers and absolutely crushing what little souls ..... Deebo blubbering ... and then the mother of all game-winning drives in the Super Bowl

Great post and yeah.... in my obviously biased opinion, it was the most amazing post season run ever. By any team in any sport.
They did it the hard way. No blowouts, no cupcakes (we beat AZ down but divisional opponents are never easy on the players) and it was the longest season to ever be played and the Rams needed everything they had to get there and it took true heroics by so many to get it done in what HAS to be the most physically punishing season any NFL franchise has played.

When you consider how much hard football the Rams played to win that super bowl, last year really shouldn't have been such a surprise.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After winning the Super Bowl, any team is going to enjoy a honeymoon period during which they are essentially "playing with house money." Like most things in sports, though, that period is temporary.

In the Rams case, the honeymoon period ended pretty quickly in the eyes of the national media and opposing fans. As the team faltered due to departures and a massive injury list, the talking heads applied a "what have you done for me lately" approach when speaking of the Rams.

For fans of the team, the honeymoon period certainly lasted longer, but has it expired? Have the Rams spent all their "house money"?

I'm not quite there yet. For me, the glow of the Super Bowl win has not been fully extinguished, and it can still carry me through what may be a tough upcoming season.

Others may feel differently.

Is the honeymoon over for you?

Superbowl 56 was special to because I was a long time LA Rams fan as a kid. All those years of having the #1 defense and never winning a super bowl really stung. It hurt more when the whiners had their run. But to return to LA and win a SB was special and put the Rams in a different group, which is a 2 time super bowl winner. I had said many times that McVay was going to get us a title and believe many more will come unless he gets burnt out and leaves.

I'm not sure what this season will bring but I'll be in LA for the Rams/Cards game and Rams/Steelers game in October.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not at all. And for me it isn't even the SB itself, as much as how they got there.

Throwing pick sixes, and coming from behind in both the Ravens and Vikes games, losing to the fucking Niners, annihilating the Cards, stealing the Buccs soul, coming from behind to crush the Niners hopes....SB was the icing on the cake.

Obviously he had help, but Stafford was 1/2 of every great play in all those games.
Nobody in the media (or very few) would even put him in the top ten of QBs, let alone #1, but for one game there is no one I'd rather have. With the added bonus of a lot of people ragging on him all year for never having won a payoff game.

Payback's a bitch!:fistbump1::thumbsup1::sunglasses:
Not only was the season amazing on the field… the team building process was EPIC. One for the ages.

Of course the Stafford trade…

But then we had BIG MOVES happen 2 times adding Odell Beckham then Miller. When those moves happened it was like… “no way”! The Rams never took their foot off the gas.

What an amazing season loaded with storylines.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Its a season Ill never forget.

Went to the TB game and the SB (as well as the Ravens game with my son) and I'm damn glad I did.

Memories that will last a lifetime. Heck I even enjoyed the Christmas day game last year.

That said Im looking forward to this season as well, but for me, Im not sure the Honeymoon will ever end....

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nah, the honeymoon period isn't over till the "Big 3" retire. And assuming they retire Rams (maybe not Stafford) it could go on indefinitely. Hey, the Whiner fans still claim the Bill Walsh era, so why wouldn't we claim the McSnead/AD era...

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, the honeymoon period isn't over till the "Big 3" retire. And assuming they retire Rams (maybe not Stafford) it could go on indefinitely. Hey, the Whiner fans still claim the Bill Walsh era, so why wouldn't we claim the McSnead/AD era...
At this point, Niner fans are not so much on a honeymoon period. They're more like the kid who talks about their "girlfriend" in Canada who probably doesn't exist.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
At this point, Niner fans are not so much on a honeymoon period. They're more like the kid who talks about their "girlfriend" in Canada who probably doesn't exist.

No, they're more like the kid that starts every story with, "That one time at band camp..."