Is it time to change the defensive pass interference penalty?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the defensive pass interference penalty be changed?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Make it a 15-yard penalty

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Make it subject to replay review

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Create two tiers of pass interference

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
To me though it is a bigger issue if a guy grabs a jersey because the WR fools him and is going to score a sure TD. I'd just prefer the refs get better at what they already have on their plate. Quit moving the target.

Agree about consistency from the refs completely. I don't care if they throw thirty flags a game if they make the right call on all of them. I'd rather that than see refs make a horrible game-changing call in a game that has few penalties.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree about consistency from the refs completely. I don't care if they throw thirty flags a game if they make the right call on all of them. I'd rather that than see refs make a horrible game-changing call in a game that has few penalties.
Or like happened twice last year that I can recall where they called us for penalty and then held their hankies when the other team did virtually the exact same thing. I just don't trust them with any more than they have to look at already. Ah hell... Who am I kidding? I don't trust them with HALF of what they are supposed to be looking at now.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Just leave it and make sure the refs are better. The zebras have to undergo more scrutiny, assessment, punishment and training if necessary in order to enforce what are essentially good rules. Too many times in this league we've seen rules watered down or changed simply because the refs aren't good enough to call them consistently and fairly.

I'm not sure making it reviewable the answer. Its not like most of them are missed by the officials, they just have to make a judgement call. Looking at a slow-mo can really distort the true reality of what actually happened in real time speed when guys are exaggerating to make it look like a push-off or whatever.

Just need better refs, more often. Insist upon that rather than change the rules and further lessen the integrity of what was once a good product.