Is it Stan's fault?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's mainly at fault for this season?

• Stan's fault

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Spags fault

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Billy's fault

• Injuries fault

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • McD's fault

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Loney's fault

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Flajoles fault

• Total voters

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Looking back at the the change in ownership coinciding with the direction or plan of this regime changing so drastically this year. Was it Stan's fault? Did he make Billy D and Spags change their philosophy by changing this teams plan which was building through youth? Or was it Spags fault by wanting to win this year? Or is it Billy D's fault by doing a bad job of drafting, and acquiring players? Or is it the fact that we've had a multitude of injuries, which have drastically changed the opening day roster? McDaniel's fault for a system that is too complicated? Loney's fault for not getting the most out of the offensive lineman while they were healthy?

I'm curious to see what people think and feel free to elaborate when you vote.

I think, and this just really hit me, that it may be Stan's fault, because the direction of the team made a left turn this year. I don't like what that left us for the future. I think we went backwards. It could have been Spags though, he set the roster at the beginning of the season. A lot of what he did, seemed to clash with what Billy D was saying and trying to do. It's a guessing game as to who changed the direction, IMO. This is a tough one. It seems like a combination of all those things listed in the poll.

You can pick three, and you can change your vote. Pick the three most at fault in your opinion.

Please don't take this as an opportunity to bash the crap out of someone. Use reason and tact, if you can.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's Obama's fault!

Seriously, from most to least...

1. Injuries- 2 of the top 3 CBs down before the 1st game even ends, then the 3rd goes down a few weeks later. Both OTs get hurt. Bradford hurt's his finger week 1. Bradford's safety net goes down. Then all their backups go down.

2. McD- Despite that, this team has been put in posistion to score more TDs. The Giants had to resort to faking injuries to stop this offense. But @ the goal line fizzled b/c for some reason didn't run the ball straight up the gut from the 2, as did last week against Arizona. I think Ram RBs could have @ most, 4 more rushing TDs. Think that could've helped. Also, despite having a backup OL, McD doesn't seem to be adjusting, opting to pass more than pound the rock. I said many times about his refusual to design plays for Kendricks, the best TE on the team ala New England style.

3. Spags- @ the end of the day, he's the HC and has to put the team in posistion to win games. I hated that they didn't go for 4th down. But still, despite having all the 2ndary injuries, they still rank 8th in pass D. And before last week and after Dallas the run D got better. We'll see this week how they adjusted w/ Gore. I think he's a good coach, he's got Quinn, Long, Laurinaitis, Chombers playing really well. Even Gary Gibson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Personally I'd like to have the option to choose everyone but Ken. I'm not sure if Stan really had much to do with it either. It doesn't fit with his typical MO as an owner.

The buck has got to stop somewhere and I think it has to stop with Spags and maybe slightly to a lesser extent BD. Not being in the room with them, I really have no idea who had the most to do with the roster or if there were players Spags wanted that they wouldn't get him or to what level he was involved with player moves. I question many of his decisions both from a roster stand point and also managing the game (not just the clock).

BD has had some good pick-ups but has also had some real stinkers and we still have very little true depth.

Loney? Why the FUCK is he still here? Honestly. Nuff said there.

Josh? Not really sure. It is very difficult to gauge after one season with no real off season to prepare. That being said, he is getting less than nothing out of his players aside from squeezing the last drops of blood from SJ's heart. I honestly don't know how this offense can be excused for what we are seeing on the field.

Injuries. Wow. They have certainly fucked us. But still I can't help question why we have so many more AGAIN than most of the other teams in the NFL. Is it something we are doing or not doing? Is it the practice or playing surface? I have no idea but I don't know how this team is supposed to win with so many players unable to suit up on Sundays. It is truly mind boggling.

So with our remarkably inept offense and a wiped out backfield, I am very impressed with our defense. If our offense could muster up even one meaningful TD drive, we could have won several of the games we lost this season. I am not sure who was most responsible for the defense - Spags or Ken. Either way, I think Ken is a real keeper.

Unfortunately, my guess is that Spags is perfectly demonstrating the Peter Principle. I just don't know that he is able to manage the entire team. And I think more than anything that may be what makes Stan change directions after the season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
It's Obama's fault!

Hey! What about that Doc? Where was THAT option? For once I could actually vote for him. :7up:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:
It's Obama's fault!

Hey! What about that Doc? Where was THAT option? For once I could actually vote for him. :7up:
funny! I was going to add Venus Williams.

Anonymous

I voted Spags because our defense is shit. Yes shit. A defense that can't stop the run is shit. Nothing as fundamental for a defense as stopping the run. A rush defense that doesn't have injuries as an excuse and that has gotten worse EVERY YEAR UNDER SPAGS.....the buck stops with Spags. Nice guy but not cut out for HC of this Rams defense or team.

2011 5.1 yards per rush

2010 4.5 yards per rush

2009 4.4 yards per rush

(5.1 is worse than Marmie.)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We'll all find out if it's "Stan's fault" when he is finally forced to show his hand this off-season.
Will he stay the current course, or will he put his own personal fingerprints on the franchise?

This franchise has a huge leadership void at the top. There is NO team identity. The direction of the future is just a mystery to us all right now.

Stan, and to a much greater extent,,, Billy and Spags,,, are the people most responsible for the state of the Rams. So obviously they are the one's who have created it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I voted Injuries first and I don't have enough info to vote anything else other than game time decisions have been pretty horrible at times. Now, who's making those calls? I guess that has to fall on Spags. And yes, whoever took an about face on the youth movement has some blame as well.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Hard for me to pick one. A lot of blame can go around for everyone. Heres a few thoughts on stuff I didnt really think about before and stuff we should have done better:

Why didnt we go after more offensive players familiar with this offense right away? Look for former Broncos and Pats that played under McD. I cant think of any names off the top of my head but I still think it could have been helpful. Spags did that with the defense when he arrived.

Developing players. I thought this was Spags and Devaneys main goal when they got here. Build through the draft, but in some cases, Spags has opted for experience instead of the young players. Keeping the veteran LBs over Jabara Williams. Keeping the veteran Safeties over Hines and Nelson. Im not saying these guys are all future starters but I think it can point to a lack of development. We dont have any players on the roster after the 4th round from this years draft. Is this common throughout the league? No idea.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JdashSTL said:
Hard for me to pick one. A lot of blame can go around for everyone. Heres a few thoughts on stuff I didnt really think about before and stuff we should have done better:

Why didnt we go after more offensive players familiar with this offense right away? Look for former Broncos and Pats that played under McD. I cant think of any names off the top of my head but I still think it could have been helpful. Spags did that with the defense when he arrived.

Developing players. I thought this was Spags and Devaneys main goal when they got here. Build through the draft, but in some cases, Spags has opted for experience instead of the young players. Keeping the veteran LBs over Jabara Williams. Keeping the veteran Safeties over Hines and Nelson. Im not saying these guys are all future starters but I think it can point to a lack of development. We dont have any players on the roster after the 4th round from this years draft. Is this common throughout the league? No idea.
You are allowed to pick 3. It's almost impossible to pick just 1.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
I picked one and it was easy.
If I had to just pick one, it would be easy too. :hehe:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
You left out "No offseason".

If you're only making one choice, then you have a very narrow view of cause and effect.

I picked 3, but in fairness to them, the cause and effect of this season includes everyone on the poll, and a couple that aren't.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:

If you're only making one choice, then you have a very narrow view of cause and effect.

I picked 3, but in fairness to them, the cause and effect of this season includes everyone on the poll, and a couple that aren't.
Every team had to deal with no offseason, so that's an easy leave off for me. McDaniel's is the scapegoat for that if you (anyone) want(s) to go that route.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:

Every team had to deal with no offseason, so that's an easy leave off for me. McDaniel's is the scapegoat for that if you (anyone) want(s) to go that route.
True, every team had to deal with that, but not every team had to deal with that, a new system, and new players expected to be starters. The more established teams that didn't change things up much, weren't impacted as much as others by the limited reps. Granted there weren't a TON of teams that were uber familiar with both of their schemes, but they were out there nonetheless.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
I picked one and it was easy.

Do you live in Salem, MA per chance?

No. Why? Certainly not a witch hunt if that's what you're thinking. Excuses sure abound but with each passing debacle Spags rushes head long into accountability.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:

True, every team had to deal with that, but not every team had to deal with that, a new system, and new players expected to be starters. The more established teams that didn't change things up much, weren't impacted as much as others by the limited reps. Granted there weren't a TON of teams that were uber familiar with both of their schemes, but they were out there nonetheless.
[textarea]
images
[/textarea] as a poll question. Moving on.

I was going to add Venus Williams :lmao:

But seriously, write in excuses/reasons/who's at fault are accepted, but the limit is 3. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I already voted. I don't think I have to expand on it either. I think people are tired of me stating my opinion on this.
Which, as it turns out, is unwavering to a fault.