Is 6-0 a Psychological Limit for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One gameplan at a time.

But i will say this. I dug up this stat myself. The last time an NFCW team went undefeated within the division(6-0) was the 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

I'd really like to sweep the Hawks, Niners and Cards this year.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Body goes in 6 week cycles (maybe). 6 weeks in camp, and then 6 games. A lot of teams in history have gone 6-0, and then lost to a team that is beneath them in week 7. (see 1999, 2000, 2001.. 1985, 1988 Rams?).
Actually, I think Vermeil said that the best athletes can't keep the focus past 12 week (he said it in 1999/2000....I don't know if he did for sure...but I got that 12 week thing from some coach.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/30/nfl-los-angeles-rams-record-history-four-wins/

Here's how the Rams have fared after starting 4-0 in the past
By: Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams are off to as good a start as they could have hoped for in 2018, rattling off four straight wins. They’ve looked almost unbeatable in that span, scoring at least 33 points in each game.

Their point differential of 73 is by far the best in the league, allowing just 67 points in four games. They’re clearly on track to make the postseason, but there’s still a long way to go.

If past history is any indication, however, they’re a near-lock thus far. Since the NFL went to a 16-game season in 1978, 112 teams have started 4-0. A whopping 92 of them (82.1 percent) went on to make the playoffs with 17 being Super Bowl champions.

For the Rams alone since 1978, eight other times they’ve started 4-0. In all but one of those seasons, they made the playoffs. The lone time they came up short was in 1995 when they finished 7-9. In five of those seasons, they won at least one playoff game, reaching the conference championship each time.

Needless to say, things are looking good for Los Angeles right now, even if it’s only been four weeks.

Click link and scroll down to see chart.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/30/nfl-los-angeles-rams-record-history-four-wins/

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect losing in the regular season to be a hard learning lesson to improve upon. We can lose a few games in the regular season, all that matters is maintaining a win streak in the postseason and getting that Super Bowl title.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talk to me after they're 5-0. Let's beat Seattle first.
a1qkXBv.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They lost to an Atlanta team that they should have defeated in the playoffs.

This year they only defeated Minnesota by a TD. The week before Minnesota only scored on Buffalo in garbage time.

I expect that this team will beat all of the teams that they should. But, the hype is too much. There are still good teams on the horizon. Injuries can be a factor. Players that aren't playing up to their potential like our safeties, can play a role in a loss. One game at a time.

Fortunately, I don't think we have seen the best D-line. They are playing better each week, and can be a huge factor in running the gamut.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
"Santa Clara Vagina's?"

I'm as confused as a blind lesbian in a fish market....
Hint: The Niners play in Santa Clara.. .and that would be our seventh game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea I thought it was more impressive that we already have as many wins in the Coliseum as we did all of last season.

Ram65

Legend
Going long into the season undefeated could be a distraction. Take them one game at a time. Hope other nfc contenders lose games. Home field and a week off is the goal.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
No. 16-0 won't be a psychological limit either. Probably won't be 16-0, but it won't be due to anything in the Ram's players or coaches psyches.