Is 6-0 a Psychological Limit for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me just say that the Rams should win the next 3 games because they are straight up better than those teams. It's funny hearing people whistling past the graveyard in saying "The Rams haven't won outside of California yet," like last year didn't happen. As Mojo can tell you, we were better on the road last year on the road than at home in the Coliseum.

Having said that, I don't remember a Rams team in my lifetime that ever went undefeated past 6 games. Even the 1999 and 2001 GSOT teams lost the 7th game. So why do you think this was? In 2001, we lost to the Saints in Week 7 at the Ed, but then beat them in New Orleans later in the year (should have been harder to win there).....Just a natural letdown point?

Ellard80

Legend
The nice thing is that we can now worry about how long they can go undefeated...

For much of my 30 years as a Rams fan that hasn't been the case...

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The nice thing is that we can now worry about how long they can go undefeated...

For much of my 30 years as a Rams fan that hasn't been the case...[/QUOTE

No voodoo hex, just hard to win multiple games in a row in the NFL. But I think the Rams can do it. What will start to get really interesting is if we are undefeated after 8 or 9 games.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Something went wrong with the post, so here it goes again:

No voodoo hex. Just hard to win multiple games in a row in the NFL. Think the Rams can do it though! What will get really interesting is if we are undefeated after 8 or nine games...

tempests

Hall of Fame
1978 Rams started the season 7-0.

2001 Rams had an avalanche of turnovers against the Saints....2000 Rams gave up 54 points to the Chiefs....1999 Rams spotted Tennessee a 21 point lead and couldn't overcome it.

No common denominator AFAIC.....some opponents the Rams faced in the past and will face in the future come out with good game plans and execute well. Just got to take it week by week.

fearsomefour

Legend
At Denver is the potential loss to me.
Very tough place to play and an Onthst can generate some big plays.
I expect SF to be tougher than expected as well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't remember a Rams team in my lifetime that ever went undefeated past 6 games.

giphy.gif

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides what others have posted about the Rams starting 7-0 - none of the current Rams have ever started 6-0 with the team. The current 4-0 seems to be virgin territory for them. No worries. I mean, it is the NFL, where any team can potentially win in any given week. But I think the players are motivated, and the coaching staff is good at keeping them motivated. Plus with their talent, even with a down week they can still win, though it's not a sure thing, of course.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw them go 7-0 in 1978 and 7-0 in 1985.
I see that now, and I don't remember the season too well. Boy, we freakin' collapsed that year! We finished 11-5, so that means the Rams only won 4 games of the next 9!

I was 21 yrs that year and single with shore duty in the Navy (San Diego)..

I might have drank a little...lol

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Hard to worry about losing the 7th game when we're going to go 20-0...

(We're going to win the Pro Bowl too. Not sure how but we will.)