Introducing the “Three Studs on the O-line” rule.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Good point especially with a position as low-profile as the OL where there aren't any fantasy football statistics and basically the names the announcers draw the most attention to are the ones who make it to Hawaii.
Well I mean isn't Jeff Saturday still getting voted into the Pro Bowl even though he has been retired a few years now?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great read. And I think it follows that as a new regime the first thing you gotta do is start investing in the OL in the draft so they can arrive as you add the talent around them.

Where Fish and Snead erred is they relied too heavy on FA. This will certainly be a draft where they try to rectify that mistake with at least 2 drafted OL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, I'd like to create the 5 studs on the OL rule with the Rams. ;)

Time to go OL heavy in this draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From 73-80, Rams were 84-31 (.730).
Jackie Slater HOF; Dennis Harrah, all-pro, pro-bowl x6; Rich Saul, pro-bowl x6; Kent Hill, pro-bowl x5; Doug France, pro-bowl x2; Tom Mack HOF; Doug Smith, pro-bowl x6.

We can’t explain this Rams team; probably the best team never to make a Super Bowl. 32-7-3 from 67-69 (.798).
Tom Mack HOF, all-pro, pro-bowl x11; Bob Brown HOF, all-pro x5; Charlie Cowan, pro-bowl x3.
This^ is just to "BUMP" my favorite points in the above article!!(y)(y):D

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Um, how in the MFHE||#£€•*^€£ does the article leave out Dickerson's OLine with Pro Bowlers Jackie Slater, Dennis Harrah, Doug Smith, and Kent Hill? Bill Bain probably should have been selected too. I mean, even when ED left for the Colts, that OLine plowed the way for 1000 yard rushers anyway.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It should be possible to 'like' an entire thread.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
C'mon man - you wanted Sammy Watkins with our first last year - admit it. :cool:
Honestly .... I wouldn't have had a problem with Watkins .... but what i do have a problem with, is the money we have tied up in aging, oft hurt veterans on our OL. Now I know some say that is why they are available ... but my point is we are over paying. I would rather draft/and look at 2nd tier ... younger guys in FA. The way we have been doing it hasn't really worked well. the return on our money is low. Wells and Long ... both "big FA gets" for us ... neither has played an entire season. Not good value there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Honestly .... I wouldn't have had a problem with Watkins .... but what i do have a problem with, is the money we have tied up in aging, oft hurt veterans on our OL. Now I know some say that is why they are available ... but my point is we are over paying. I would rather draft/and look at 2nd tier ... younger guys in FA. The way we have been doing it hasn't really worked well. the return on our money is low. Wells and Long ... both "big FA gets" for us ... neither has played an entire season. Not good value there.
Just messin' with yuh.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO, like with any team sport, they owe their success to each other. Smith helped his OL out and they helped him out. He may not have been flash but the guy was all substance when it came to picking up yardage.

You could have just written this, and nothing else, and anyone who watched them play would agree.