Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868303/article/injuries-teddy-bridgewater-could-be-back-week-10

Injuries: Teddy Bridgewater could be back Week 10

Teddy Bridgewater
is moving closer toward making his season debut for the Minnesota Vikings.

Bridgewater, who missed all of last season and the first eight games of 2017 because of a devastating knee injury, could potentially play in Week 10 for the Vikings, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

"The expectation now is Teddy Bridgewater is healthy enough to return to the team and on the field after the bye [week]," Rapoport reported Sunday on NFL GameDay Kickoff. "If that happens, expect him to be activated off the [physically unable to perform] list and then compete for the starting job. This is a player they consider to be their franchise quarterback. I would not be surprised, based on what I know, that he's under center soon."

As for Sam Bradford, there's no timeline for his return from a knee injury that has sidelined him for a good portion of the season.

"It doesn't sound like Sam Bradford will be ready soon," Rapoport said. "They do have the bye week coming up, but Bradford did not practice this past week. Last I checked in, he was still dealing with some knee pain that kept him off the field for most of this season. There is, at this point, no timeline for his return."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/30/texans-lose-christian-covington-to-torn-biceps/

Texans lose Christian Covington to torn biceps
Posted by Josh Alper on October 30, 2017

853019060-e1509390430354.jpg

Getty Images

The Texans defense will likely be without defensive end Christian Covington for the rest of the season.

Covington tore his biceps in Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks and coach Bill O’Brien said on Monday that Covington is not expected to play again this year.

“It’s too bad for him, because he was really playing at a high level,” O’Brien said, via ESPN.com. “It’s too bad for us, too.”

Covington, a 2015 sixth-round pick, saw his playing time increase a great deal when J.J. Wattwas lost for the season. He started the last two games and had 16 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble for the year.

Joel Heath, Carlos Watkins and Kendall Langford are other defensive end options. Langford was inactive for Sunday’s game.

EasyE

Starter
Wonder how many have taken Cipro or Levaquin before....can be very bad for ligaments....made my achilles tendon feel like it was gonna snap....

Black box warning on it....

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My gf is in med school. Been nudging her to go into orthopedics. :p I see too many casualties!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Torn ACL confirmed for Texans QB Watson
12151.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter and the Houston Chronicle confirm Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in Thursday's practice, and will undergo season-ending surgery.

It's his right ACL. Watson tore his left ACL at Clemson. Aaron Wilson reports Watson will be ready for the start of the 2018 season. Even in a year riddled with superstar injuries — Andrew Luck, David Johnson, Odell Beckham, J.J. Watt and Aaron Rodgers, to name a few — this is the biggest blow yet. Watson is the NFL's brightest quarterback prospect in years. His loss is a season-ruining event for the Texans, and at least for Week 9, forces Tom Savage under center. Savage arguably isn't good enough to even be on a 53-man roster, let alone start NFL games. The Texans will need to explore other solutions.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 2 - 5:27 PM

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if true, this is a pretty dickish thing to say.

Well it is rotoworld. The biggest dickheads in the nfl media.

You should have read what they said about Goff every week until they couldn't deny his good play anymore.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Torn ACL confirmed for Texans QB Watson
12151.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter and the Houston Chronicle confirm Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in Thursday's practice, and will undergo season-ending surgery.

It's his right ACL. Watson tore his left ACL at Clemson. Aaron Wilson reports Watson will be ready for the start of the 2018 season. Even in a year riddled with superstar injuries — Andrew Luck, David Johnson, Odell Beckham, J.J. Watt and Aaron Rodgers, to name a few — this is the biggest blow yet. Watson is the NFL's brightest quarterback prospect in years. His loss is a season-ruining event for the Texans, and at least for Week 9, forces Tom Savage under center. Savage arguably isn't good enough to even be on a 53-man roster, let alone start NFL games. The Texans will need to explore other solutions.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 2 - 5:27 PM

Feel for the guy and the Teams fans, he was definitely on for OROY and in the mix for MVP IMO. Best start from a rookie QB I've seen in a while too.