In a hypothetical do-over, do we trade for Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In a do-over, would you trade for Watkins?

• Yep, Watkins is a stud and we’re now set at WR for years.

Votes: 85 89.5%
  • Nope, he’s underwhelmed and I would prefer Gaines plus the ‘18 2nd rounder.

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters

fearsomefour

Legend
The $50mil. includes about $9.mil. in anticipated CAP rise at Spotrac. There may be another $1.mil or more to be added later as we don't yet know whether the raise for 2018 will match that of 2017. This figure also includes our 2017/18 estimated rollover of about $5.mil.

No way will Donald's first year CAP hit get close to $30.mil. Suh, who received a $114mil contract only had a first year CAP hit of just over $6.mil. Donald's larger guaranteed money will have his first year hit well over Suh's, but i'm estimating it closer to the $14 - $15mil. range year one, and half of that is already in the 'books' as his 5'th year option has already been calculated into his 2018 CAP. jmo.
The $51M number was from over the cap.
Was sitting at $61 forever before Ogletree signed his new deal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of they can't sign him, no....unless they get to the Superbowl. Spending a second to buy a chance to win the big game is worth it. Otherwise they lose a productive player in Watkins, and a chance at another productive player in the form of a second round pick. That is a lot to give up for one year of a player.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I only meant that they may choose to specifically put more on 2018 in order to clear cap for Gurley, then Goff.

I'm not privy to their plans so the math is murky at best.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The NFL's free-agent market will be missing its headliner at wide receiver this coming offseason.

The Green Bay Packers signed Davante Adams to a four-year contract extension worth $58 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, via a source informed of the situation. Adams will receive $18 million to sign, Rapoport added, with $32 million in the first two years of the deal. The team later confirmed the extension.

Adams' average annual salary of $14.5 million will make him the fourth-highest paid wide receiver, behind Antonio Brown ($17.0 million), DeAndre Hopkins ($16.2 million) and A.J. Green ($15.0 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...vante-adams-signs-4year-58m-packers-extension

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love being able to add Watkins and his less than stellar production gives the Rams a better chance to sign him. If he wants more than 10 mill they gotta move on.

fearsomefour

Legend
In addition to Pierre Garcon and Marquise Goodwin whom they just signed last year?
Who knows.
I'm making the point he may very well someplace we don't want to considering who has money to spend.
His negotiation will be interesting one as he has largely under performed (a lot due to injury).

HellRam

Starter
The NFL's free-agent market will be missing its headliner at wide receiver this coming offseason.

The Green Bay Packers signed Davante Adams to a four-year contract extension worth $58 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, via a source informed of the situation. Adams will receive $18 million to sign, Rapoport added, with $32 million in the first two years of the deal. The team later confirmed the extension.

Adams' average annual salary of $14.5 million will make him the fourth-highest paid wide receiver, behind Antonio Brown ($17.0 million), DeAndre Hopkins ($16.2 million) and A.J. Green ($15.0 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...vante-adams-signs-4year-58m-packers-extension

This gives you a idea what Watkins could possibly get on the open market. Keep in mind Adams has never eclipsed a 1000 yards receiving.

This will be one of the more interesting stories of this off-season for us Rams fans.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I voted yes. As has already bee stated a number of times, his presence assists others to perform and he is a bid red zone threat. He is almost unstoppable on that slant close to the line..