Improving the Gurley Situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BadCompany

Rookie
I'll let the experts dissect the numbers, but I went through the drive charts and counted 16 first-down runs, versus 5 first--down passes. Of those five passes, two were completed, two were incomplete (one challenged) and there was a sack on a third.

Those 16 runs first-down netted 26 total yards (1.625 yards per carry), whereas the 2 completed passes netted 54 yards.

I could be wrong in my counting, as I just did it quickly, but I think the general point remains. There is a 3-1 chance we are going to run on first downs, and teams are keying off on that.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I would like to see Cunningham get more touches. Gurley is struggling and pressing, it shows. I'm not suggesting that Gurley be replaced, I just think he would benefit from slowing down and watching another RB a few more plays. Guys get hurt when they press and try to do too much and I don't want to see that.
I still believe we have an absentee O line coach, just collecting a retirement check. He should have been gone years ago. Name an o lineman who has progressed in the last 4 years...........I'll save you the time, there isn't one.
Play design/calling, UGH

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It only seems like he is rushing the pace because he is running north and south

His timing does seem to be off

Gurley is struggling and pressing, it shows.
I see this...not patient enough...seems rushed....or in a hurry to find and get through a hole...when it appears there isn't one...running on 1st down, early in the game, against the stacked box, with all eyes on him isn't helping either..
3. Our line sucks, I'd if it's scheme, personnel, or both, but I see the middle of the line get pushed back consistently. you can't run the ball with defenders 2 yards in the backfield
I agree with your entire post but this...I think our line is continually getting better...and better...we do need a lil more nasty...and, sorry, still not a big Barnes fan...still can't believe we cut Kush...without smoking a lil of him first....;):flanders:

Bruce2980

Starter
I don't have an answer , but I did like what he said in his interview about lack of production. He said he could care less if they keep winning.
Yes that is by far the best answer he can give, even if he doesn't feel that way, which I think and hope he does. It gets the press off of his back because they can't ask anything else about his run game after that response, and if they are stupid enough to do so, then all he has to do is repeat what he said for those that are hearing impaired.