I’m starting to feel a lot better about this D now…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
The only way I will have complete confidence is if they can stop the Cardinals in our next game.

That's a must-win statement game that we have to win to give us confidence in the playoffs. IMO.
And we need to beat them by more than 17 points so that we have the tie-breaker

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Until they lockdown or hold down a good Offense again, I won't be excited. They shut down an already bad, and then depleted Giants Offense. As they should've. They have to do the same against the Lions this week to impress me.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And we need to beat them by more than 17 points so that we have the tie-breaker
Cards are going to lose some games. Defenses catch up. Offenses figure out what the D is doing and the QB is going to get dinged. Plus they will start to read their press clippings. I am guessing they split with the NFC west to begin with. The Ravens will beat them as well. They will come back to earth.

Tano

Legend
I would have guessed Otogwe, but that's a pure guess.

EDIT: It was Otogwe in week 6.
I hope you aren't color blind like another poster on here that doesn't see the sarcasm comments lol

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I hope you aren't color blind like another poster on here that doesn't see the sarcasm comments lol
Oh I was aware of the sarcasm. Saying Craig Dahl was a joke. Craig Dahl was a joke.

I just don't remember things in conjunction with time very well. So until I looked it up I had no idea what years Otogwe played. I can't tell you what years Aeneas Williams played with us. No idea. Hell, I'm assuming you're right about Craig Dahl playing in 2008. FIIK. I was just making a serious guess as to who it really was.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was a bit concerned with the Brockers/Fox losses. Brockers loss I thought could hurt the run D, but SJD, Gaines, and A'Shawn have been terrific. Fox's loss left us short a nice pass rusher but the way T Lew and Obo have played the last few weeks we are more than fine. Plus we'll have Hollins back late season for the stretch run and into the playoffs. Overall our DL has been great. Floyd having another big year and has been a force recently.
Yeah the DL is working out pretty well so far. I actually think come the playoffs that we might be more stout up front than last year which is a necessary improvement.

How much of that is Ashawn though I'm not sure. Not reviewing film but from my halfass easy chair observations it seems to me that Gaines has really stepped up for us which is great to see. And Ashawn seems to hold his own when he's out there I just think he's a rotation guy at best. The unit as a whole seems to be strong through games to the end but I'm gonna wait until after that Titans game before I decide what we have overall. I feel like they're the metric and valuable for us to make some judgment there.

But I'm with you on the unit, I am quite happy with the defensive front thus far. To include the OLBs who I was not exactly wowed by on paper this preseason.

DVontel

Rookie
Cards are going to lose some games. Defenses catch up. Offenses figure out what the D is doing and the QB is going to get dinged. Plus they will start to read their press clippings. I am guessing they split with the NFC west to begin with. The Ravens will beat them as well. They will come back to earth.
How are we gonna lose to a team we don’t even play in the regular season?

MachS

Hall of Fame
How much of that is Ashawn though I'm not sure. Not reviewing film but from my halfass easy chair observations it seems to me that Gaines has really stepped up for us which is great to see. And Ashawn seems to hold his own when he's out there I just think he's a rotation guy at best
Yea no doubt Gaines is playing better and getting more snaps ahead of A'shawn. But I've noticed in short yardage situations we sub out AD and bring in a jumbo package with SJD, Gaines, and A'Shawn. Thats why we've been pretty stout in short yardage I think. Pretty good overall balance in the interior, and if we stay healthy at OLB I agree by late season this front should be better overall than last year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Gaines and Robinson were the critical run-stoppers on the 4th and one stop in the Giants' game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I love the SJD / Gaines / Robinson look. That's some beef right there. :laugh4:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How are we gonna lose to a team we don’t even play in the regular season?
my bad, I confused the afc division teams we were playing. Still 6 and 5 from here on out. Could be just denial, but I am going to go with it.:biggrin:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
1634755254578.png