I'm disgusted with this

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Nah. Gonna dis-agree. Been watching football for 40 years. The NFL has a problem. The refs are bad now. Maybe it's too many rules, whatever it is it really sucks.

Agree. Every game I watch the refs are terrible. But I don't think its their fault. Its the ludicrous amount of rules that the NFL introduces to try and make an inherently unsafe game safe. Problem is, the vast majority of these rules require the refs to use their discretion subjectively - meaning they too often call something on what they think they see (i.e. calling unnecessary roughness on a hit because it "looks" too violent like the Brockers sack on McCown) when things are running 100mph you just have to let the guys play unless its an obvious penalty.

V3

Hall of Fame
Nah. Gonna dis-agree. Been watching football for 40 years. The NFL has a problem. The refs are bad now. Maybe it's too many rules, whatever it is it really sucks.

I never said the refs were good. I just don't get why people think they have an agenda against the Rams. What would be the reason behind that? I've known a professional football ref and they don't do that. What they do do is pay attention to players/teams that have a reputation. I'd bet if you asked many fans from all the different teams, they'd say the refs were biased against them. I just really don't like blaming refs for games.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I don't think they have an agenda. I just don't believe they are trained as well as they could be if they were full time. It's to bad a 9 Billion dollar business can't have full time employess for the most important position on the field.

Fuck THE NFL!

V3

Hall of Fame
Agree. Every game I watch the refs are terrible. But I don't think its their fault. Its the ludicrous amount of rules that the NFL introduces to try and make an inherently unsafe game safe. Problem is, the vast majority of these rules require the refs to use their discretion subjectively - meaning they too often call something on what they think they see (i.e. calling unnecessary roughness on a hit because it "looks" too violent like the Brockers sack on McCown) when things are running 100mph you just have to let the guys play unless its an obvious penalty.

I heard someone suggest that teams should be able to throw a red flag for more of the subjective type calls- the kind of calls you can't review now. I think that should at least be considered. There's a ton of stuff going on out there and a lot of it is really fast. Stuff is going to be missed. Just try and make sure it's called right- whether that means accountability for the refs' accuracy or help from a review booth via challenge.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think they have an agenda. I just don't believe they are trained as well as they could be if they were full time. It's to bad a 9 Billion dollar business can't have full time employess for the most important position on the field.

Freak THE NFL!

That's the Referee Union you're mad at.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I heard someone suggest that teams should be able to throw a red flag for more of the subjective type calls- the kind of calls you can't review now. I think that should at least be considered. There's a ton of stuff going on out there and a lot of it is really fast. Stuff is going to be missed. Just try and make sure it's called right- whether that means accountability for the refs' accuracy or help from a review booth via challenge.

I agree. I think this would be a very good change. Failing this I would like to see more accountability perhaps via a review system for officials performances with points been awarded etc. Best official crew of season gets an award etc.

The point I think is important is that its not all the ref's fault. They've been put in a bad position by the league and they need help - whether it be via challenges or via the league simplifying rules a bit I don't know.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

Umm No. The ref Union has no power. The NFL could fire every single ref they have and say bye bye to the union. Of course at the end of their contract.

V3

Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure the Union wanted to be full time. The NFL didn't want to pay them for that, though.

The compromise should have been the NFL making them full time employees but the refs have their performances reviewed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Its just as bad when refs call flags based on rep. Need to base it by the game. Oh and I don't buy into the Jeff Fisher has the most penalized teams stuff. That's a cumulative number that includes all the garbage calls and calls from STers that don't have the experience. To me it seems like the calls you usually get (the holdings, the PIs, the false starts) have been lower this season. Yeah the ST flags need to be cleaned up and they have been the 2nd half of the season.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
If it was the refs then why are Fisher's teams consistently at the top for penalties. The refs aren't very good league wide but people need to quite blaming everything on the refs. I see it after every loss. I really cannot stand when people use the refs as an excuse. The Rams need to be more disciplined. Its as simple as that. Discipline comes from the top. That means Fisher.

This is absolutely right. The Rams cannot continue giving 9-12 ACCEPTED penalties per game, along with the lost big plays and the yardage assessed and expect to win. Talkin' crap when you're losing shows no savvy. The team needs to learn how to keep it's poise, especially on defense.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Just seeing Lynch keep pounding Johnson in the head after his helmet was off and the rams get the penalty for that was it for me.... This league is a joke... and to most of you saying the rams lost their cool never played football... some of those calls were the rams fault and I agree... but alot of them were teamates sticking up for each other and if I was a coach , would be proud to see... the seahawks were punks.... To listen to some of you on here, you would let your neighbour's dog shit on your lawn and give him a high five for it...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure the Union wanted to be full time. The NFL didn't want to pay them for that, though.

The compromise should have been the NFL making them full time employees but the refs have their performances reviewed.

The Union didn't want to be full time. They make more money as part time refs and full time workers on their other careers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm No. The ref Union has no power. The NFL could fire every single ref they have and say bye bye to the union. Of course at the end of their contract.

It definitely has power. Look at the hoopla when we had replacement refs.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The only complaint I have is the ejection. How in the hell do you eject a player for that? That was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen.

V3

Hall of Fame
The Union didn't want to be full time. They make more money as part time refs and full time workers on their other careers.

That's right. It's coming back. Either way, the NFL needs to put in measures to weed out the bad refs. If that means paying the good refs more, then so be it. I think they can afford it. There just needs to be more accountability.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That's the Ref-poineree Union you're mad at.
What I'm mad at is the NFL rule book. It's purposely ambiguous and leads to the kind of subjective flag-throwing that teams can't argue against. This leads to player and fan finger-pointing that's entirely misdirected. How is the human element supposed to process so much at the speed of this game?

No, the devil here is the intent to confuse the on-field decision makers; forcing them to doubt much of what they do, hence the erring in favor of the home team. It takes a towering ego to never doubt ones' decisions, and NFL referees like that are rare.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ever think that we just have a undisciplined team? Maybe it's not the zebras.

No man! We deserve some flack but they deserved just as much. Did it get called that way? That's a passionate NO! I listened to Rams radio all game and Savard said our punt returner got a forearm to the head while defenseless and Lynch was throwing punches out there. He shoulda been ejected! Langford got hosed really bad today, too. I'm sure the Fox announcers were all up in the Seahawk's arses, too. Guess you have to be a playoff team to get a few breaks. How could anyone laothe the Whiners over the Squawks after today? Trash organization all around.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just seeing Lynch keep pounding Johnson in the head after his helmet was off and the rams get the penalty for that was it for me.... This league is a joke.
+1
Their concern is safety,yet they throw the flag on Tree for shoving Lynch out of bounds...while watching a Rams player engaged without a hat. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Legend
HitStick with a complaint:
The only complaint I have is the ejection. How in the hell do you eject a player for that? That was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen.

The rule is the rule. Nobody could expect to have a rule that was partially based on how hard the hit was. You can't have subjective rules IMO. He lost control of himself like so many other Rams did. I don't ever want to see the Rams play like that again. This is getting so friggin' old.