If you weren't a Rams fan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hard to say. I'm a Rams fan because they came to town.

Football is my favorite sport, but the baseball Cardinals are my favorite pro team (and that's not a slight to the Rams, I just have more history...its like 100 for the Cards and 99.8 for the Rams...in fact, my fiance once told her Mom that I'm a way bigger Ram fan than Cardinal fan, I had a really hard time explaining since I love both so much)...but I definitely spend more time talking about the Rams because I love football so much more than baseball. It's hard for me to know if I'd even be that big of a football fan though without having the Rams in town. I'm not a basketball fan but I attribute that to the fact that St.Louis has no team.

However, I find myself every couple years or so finding a team that interests me outside of the Rams...but then they bore me or I get tired of them and start to dislike them. For a while I really liked the Giants (OK, maybe it was because they beat the Patriots...twice :cheese: )...I used to like the Ravens and the Bengals.

Currently a team that piques my interest outside of the Rams is the Vikings...but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
den-the-coach said:
CGI_Ram said:
Same here. I've got a Ray Lewis jersey and wore it last year on SuperBowl Sunday.

I'll also root Denver (now that Manning is there) and used to root Colts (when Manning was there). I got an old Colts Manning jersey.

Far too much love for Manning & Lewis my suggestion is once the Rams go back to their blue & whites to alter your Manning jersey into a Roman Gabriel!

Now that I like!!!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Football is my favorite sport, but the baseball Cardinals are my favorite pro team (and that's not a slight to the Rams, I just have more history...its like 100 for the Cards and 99.8 for the Rams...in fact, my fiance once told her Mom that I'm a way bigger Ram fan than Cardinal fan, I had a really hard time explaining since I love both so much)...but I definitely spend more time talking about the Rams because I love football so much more than baseball. It's hard for me to know if I'd even be that big of a football fan though without having the Rams in town. I'm not a basketball fan but I attribute that to the fact that St.Louis has no team.

However, I find myself every couple years or so finding a team that interests me outside of the Rams...but then they bore me or I get tired of them and start to dislike them. For a while I really liked the Giants (OK, maybe it was because they beat the Patriots...twice :cheese: )...I used to like the Ravens and the Bengals.

Currently a team that piques my interest outside of the Rams is the Vikings...but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

You will have to stop that! No Rams fan may ever ever like the 49ers, Cowboys, Seahawks or VIKINGS! I therefore decree such as gospel in the realm of Ramdom!!!!!! All heed henceforth!!!!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

You will have to stop that! No Rams fan may ever ever like the 49ers, Cowboys, Seahawks or VIKINGS! I therefore decree such as gospel in the realm of Ramdom!!!!!! All heed henceforth!!!!

Hey now...I said piqued my interest, I didn't say I like them.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
If I wasn't a Rams fan I would stop watching football!

RAMS #1 BAYBEE!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If I wasn't a Rams fan:
I wouldn't be posting here

I would be more of a Bronco fan than I M now.

I became a Bronco fan back when Nic Sabans dad coached there,when Charlie Johnson went there after he lost his job as St.L Cards QB when he was called up for active duty in the military.

Went to see the Bronco's scrimmage at Invesco last summer,those are fans ,40,000 or so people there,it was a happenin' thing the concession stands sold out of food.

NEVER a CHIEF fan except the year Rich Gannon should have been allowed to keep the job over Elvis the Grbac.

Still though the fans are numero uno con yo

iced

I watch the Vikings often just to watch my favorite running back, Adrian Peterson. Loved the dude coming out of college and was so stoked that the cardinals passed on him.

But I'd be a Dolphin fan probably, and partially Steelers. I say Dolphins because I grew up in Florida (born in the 'Lou) and I always enjoyed watching Marino and the dolphins..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Before I became a Rams fan back in 1978, I always thought the Chargers' uniforms were pretty tight (must have been that whole blue & yellow thing). I'd probably had gone with them if my path wasn't directed the way it was. I liked Fouts & Joiner too. They were pretty cool. I still think they have the best looking throwbacks too, with that powder-blue color.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'm surprised this many people have a "second" team that they kind of like or root for. To each his own, but in my opinion that's what makes being a fan so heartbreaking when your team loses (because you don't have a fallback team) and so rewarding when they win (because they're the only team you root for).

I could never fathom being the fan, or even rooting for another team. The only scenario I want a team to win is if they're playing the 9ers, hawks, cards, or skins; but that doesn't mean they're a second team. I will be rooting for ATL every game other than when they play us this year for SJ's sake, but I'm not a "fan" and they're not my "second" team.

When I pick a team I stick to them through thick and thin. It would have been really easy to pick a second team through 15-65 from 07-11, but my fanhood never wavered.

iced

rams24/7 said:
I'm surprised this many people have a "second" team that they kind of like or root for. To each his own, but in my opinion that's what makes being a fan so heartbreaking when your team loses (because you don't have a fallback team) and so rewarding when they win (because they're the only team you root for).

I could never fathom being the fan, or even rooting for another team. The only scenario I want a team to win is if they're playing the 9ers, hawks, cards, or skins; but that doesn't mean they're a second team. I will be rooting for ATL every game other than when they play us this year for SJ's sake, but I'm not a "fan" and they're not my "second" team.

When I pick a team I stick to them through thick and thin. It would have been really easy to pick a second team through 15-65 from 07-11, but my fanhood never wavered.

Don't get me wrong - I get upset if my Rams lose.

I don't follow any other teams like I do the Rams either. But if a dolphins team is playing say the browns or something, I'm gonna want the 'Fins to win...Kinda do that for most Florida teams as long as I'm neutral to or hate their opponent (I will be a Bucs fan when they play the niners/seahawks/cards). But if they lose it doesn't bother me - only a rams loss does that.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Since my childhood days, I have had and NFC team (Rams) and an AFC team (Raiders). When I was a youngster, both teams were pretty good and I always wanted them to meet up in the Super Bowl (Rams winning). But both teams kinda went to hell later on. I was never a "big" Raider fan .... just was my AFC team. Not even interested in them the past 10 yrs or so.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
rams24/7 said:

I don't get this POV. It doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan if you like rooting for another or two. I don't even think "fallback team" is the right word. It's another team I like.

Many teams have a long, storied histories that make them fun to watch and you can't help but root for.

As long as its not bandwagoning...what's the big deal?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Dude said:
Before I became a Rams fan back in 1978, I always thought the Chargers' uniforms were pretty tight (must have been that whole blue & yellow thing). I'd probably had gone with them if my path wasn't directed the way it was. I liked Fouts & Joiner too. They were pretty cool. I still think they have the best looking throwbacks too, with that powder-blue color.

Yeah I liked the Bolts when Don diego de Coryell was El Jeffe there
John Jefferson,Joiner,Winslow,Fred Dean,Fouts they were one hellu team.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can't imagine spinning for another team. Just no one else out there that I really care that much about.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I root for a specific type of team. That is, those that haven't won a SB. The Browns, Chargers, Texans, Bengals, Bills, Jaguars, Eagles. There are a few exceptions, and most of those are in the NFC. But even then, my interest doesn't really kick in until the playoffs. That's when I start choosing my favorites. That may sound like bandwagoning but it's more about getting tired of the same teams being winners and losers.

I don't expect to care as much this season, not with the Rams in the playoff hunt.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
rams24/7 said:

I don't get this POV. It doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan if you like rooting for another or two. I don't even think "fallback team" is the right word. It's another team I like.

Many teams have a long, storied histories that make them fun to watch and you can't help but root for.

Yeah, I consider myself a football fan.

So I can't help but have other rooting interests.

Maybe I put it this way; my brain roots for other teams, but my heart only roots for the Rams.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ram Quixote said:
I root for a specific type of team. That is, those that haven't won a SB. The Browns, Chargers, Texans, Bengals, Bills, Jaguars, Eagles. There are a few exceptions, and most of those are in the NFC. But even then, my interest doesn't really kick in until the playoffs. That's when I start choosing my favorites. That may sound like bandwagoning but it's more about getting tired of the same teams being winners and losers.

I don't expect to care as much this season, not with the Rams in the playoff hunt.
Dont forget to add the titans/oilers to that list. The rams kept there streak alive in 99 lol

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
rams24/7 said:

Don't get me wrong ... I am a DIE HARD Rams fan. Have a Rams room , and articles of clothing from every era. Don't own a stitch of anything Raiders .... they were just another team to watch when Rams weren't playing and an AFC team to like.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:
rams24/7 said:

Maybe I put it this way; my brain roots for other teams, but my heart only roots for the Rams.

That....was..beatutiful. :=:) :cry:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:
rams24/7 said:

That....was..beatutiful. :=:) :cry:

Copyright by Ricky Bobby, inc.