If the Rams cheated...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What would you do if the Rams cheated but won a ton of games and super bowls like NE?

• I'd stop being a fan

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Wouldn't bother me at all

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I'd rationalize it by saying everyone cheats... we just got caught and we're still super bowl champs

Votes: 45 60.0%

• Total voters

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So, what about signing players off the next opponents practice squad to get inside info?

Is that cheating? Teams (including the Rams) do that a lot.

I can't really call that cheating, given that it is perfectly within the rules established by both the teams and the players as part of the CBA.

Furthermore, I think the value of doing that is, at best, limited.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't really call that cheating, given that it is perfectly within the rules established by both the teams and the players as part of the CBA.
I'm sure it is... but to intentionally pick up a player from an opponent with absolutely no intention on keeping him after you play them... just to get inside info is dubious, at best. Regardless of it not being illegal, per se.

Furthermore, I think the value of doing that is, at best, limited.
I'm not so sure... that player probably has a significant amount of intelligence on the upcoming opponent.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
There should have been a fourth choice which is how I would feel;

I wouldn't like it.
I would stay a fan.
I sure as heck wouldn't be making excuses for them like the New England fans do.

I would simply wait it out till our coach left.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I guess I'm a buzz kill Id walk away. Furthermore anyone on here who says they would look the other way or they would rationalize it should not being hating on the pats or their fans as your just as bad

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I'm a buzz kill Id walk away. Furthermore anyone on here who says they would look the other way or they would rationalize it should not being hating on the pats or their fans as your just as bad
I'm not here to judge... wasn't the intent of the thread.

Just wondering... knowing quite a few NE fans and how they've "reconciled" it in their heads... would we (Rams fans) is we won as much as they have?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One of the ways I keep from punching a hole in the wall when I see people getting away with lying and cheating is knowing that everyone will get theirs in the end, one way or another. Justice will be served.
*****************************************************************************************
So you think there's only one NFL team that cheats? You're wrong. All 32 NFL teams cheat. Yup, even your favorite team is a dirty cheater, but since they are not that good, nobody really cares.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Yeah, that site basically shows the Rams as one of the only teams NOT to cheat.

Of the 15 points, 7 went to individuals who used PEDs and were punished. This had nothing whatsoever to do with how the team functions.

The remaining 8 points were league-wide assessments with exactly ZERO assertions that the Rams participated in the alleged cheating.

So, for a site that is supposed to assess if and how much a team cheats, the Rams beyond having a few players individually use banned substances and pay the price for it haven't engaged in a single instance of institutional cheating.

That makes sense because for much of the time we were too inept to cheat. That's a fact. The idea that it would occur to anyone to use long-range binoculars or a telescope to spy on the Patriots when the whole point of the GSOT was that no one could stop us and they had a rookie QB is asinine.

The lack of cheating from this organization is one of the reasons I'm still a fan through all the mess the NFL and this team has done.

I still don't watch baseball or basketball because they not only haven't atoned for their sins but in many instances (NBA refereeing, for example), they continue unabated and unrepented.