If Fitz Goes To The Patriots...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282591/report-pats-were-interested-in-fitz-in-2013

Just imagining him in that offense alongside Gronk is just scary. At least he would be out of the division!

According to an "individual" CSN New England's Tom Curran believes "without reservation," the Patriots were interested in acquiring Larry Fitzgerald last offseason.
Curran is being extremely careful with his phrasing, but it's notable nonetheless. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported in October that moving Fitzgerald would be "in play" for the Cardinals this offseason. It's hard to imagine a better fit than the Patriots, who have a desperate need at receiver. Any potential move is greatly complicated by Fitzgerald's gargantuan $18 million salary-cap number, however. His play has also been on a slow, but steady nonetheless, downward slope. Few teams are more willing to make bold moves than Bill Belichick's Patriots, but acquiring Fitz wouldn't be easy.
Source: Tom Curran on Twitter Jan 28 - 4:16 PM

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does the term "jumping the shark" come to mind?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
cmqr5TX.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'd tear it up in New England. It's a scary thought.

PhxRam

Slow and steady decline? LOL

I will give up a first for slow and steady then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The contracts makes it difficult for me. But if I were getting Fitz on a reasonable contact, yea, I would too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Right? AZ has had a few of the worst starting QB's i've ever seen anywhere since Warner left. That tends to make an all pro WR's numbers average.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They have the money to do it, I bet. Their team has a lot of just OK players and salaries. None the less they have to restructure his contract or outright give him a pay cut. His salary would hog tie nearly any team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've got a certain connection to Fitz that I can't shake... but I'd love to see him get the fuck out of the NFC West.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Why not?

Fitz would likely do what Moss did for the Patriots and that, like many have already stated, is a scary thought.

Not a first. I'm talking from a Rams point of view here.
Too far past his prime.
Too high of a price for an aging receiver.
I'm not saying I wouldn't take him mind you, just not for a first.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
For the team that just needs a piece or two to get to the promised land he'd be great....if they could afford him. Personally, I think it's over in New England. Brady is due for another injury.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How much longer will Brady play? When the season starts he will be 37 yrs old. I thought he played like a QB in the twilight of his great career this past season. Can they get a few more seasons out of Brady?

Brady cap hit in 2014 is 14.8 mil
Sam's cap hit in 2014 is 17.6 mil

So Brady cost is about normal for a HOF SB winning QB so that area is OK....what about his TUDE? what would a Fitz do for that

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
How much longer will Brady play? When the season starts he will be 37 yrs old. I thought he played like a QB in the twilight of his great career this past season.

He certainly showed some signs of a waning enthusiasm it was never more apparent IMO than in his demeanor during the AFC Championship (unless he was as I previously posited, in-firmed) then there are his comments about ambivalence towards watching the Super Bowl.
I think you might be on to sumthin there BR

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He certainly showed some signs of a waning enthusiasm it was never more apparent IMO than in his demeanor during the AFC Championship (unless he was as I previously posited, in-firmed) then there are his comments about ambivalence towards watching the Super Bowl.
I think you might be on to sumthin there BR

Maybe a injection/shot of Fitzgerald would twerk Brady up some ??

We know Danny Amendola did nothing for him. Maybe some of that future Amendola cap $$ would be better spent of Fitzgerald.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe a injection/shot of Fitzgerald would twerk Brady up some ??

We know Danny Amendola did nothing for him. Maybe some of that future Amendola cap $$ would be better spent of Fitzgerald.
I'm on board,I doubt Az replaces him with something better and IMO they are still in flux at QB anyway ,losing Fitz COULDN'T help that situation.