I think Quinn is a back up level player now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dog. It has nothing to do with my approval.

Here are the facts;
Quinn was elite. He deserve the contract they gave him.

Quinn was severely injured. (Btw, DeMarcus Ware was not)

This team has given him plenty of time and opportunity to regain a semblance of his former abilities.

If he doesn't do it soon he needs to be replaced with someone with more ABILITY, (and upside).

Quinn whiffed on Wilson for some unknown reason.

We need a player in there that does not whiff.

I have met and talked with Quinn. I have had great conversations with his mother, family and friends. He was raised 15 minutes from where I live.
If anybody should have a soft spot for their homeboy it should be me.

But I want to win.
This ain't Fishers Country Club anymore.
Lead, (produce) or get the hell out of the way.

Does that sound harsh?
It sure as hell is.

He seems like a great person, and I like him. If they can redo his deal and keep him as a rotational guy I'm good with it. But at that money they won't keep him unless something changes dramatically.

I'm hoping it does, and his ability rekindles itself.

…..

Legend
Everyone wants to win. Expectations are not harsh. However, the expectations are now shifted to the next game. Its Tuesday. Game week starts tomorrow. Robert Quinn is going to be at the game. Tavon Austin will be there. Hell....I'm going to be at the next game too!

I really don't care if these guys play or not, but if they do, I hope they do well. For the team.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Idk I think Quinn played a good game he was very good in containing the run keeping everything to the inside and they switched him around on both sides of the line. The switch from DE to OLB is very different. Quinn is used to putting his hands in the dirt. I also saw him use the spin move more. I think as the season goes on he is going to get better the same with Donald. How many times has QBs escaped him? Quinn just need some time but the last 2 games has been encouraging

So what’s his excuse for the last couple of years in the old system?
I mean pre-injury he was GREAT, I just think the injury changed him.
It happens. We’ll see moving forward, but I think his days as a consistently elite pass rusher are over.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Ya know, I don't recall ever hearing Quinn speak. So, I don't think he's making excuses or explaining anything about his last couple of years.

Not crazy about that take on a Rams player...

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I mean pre-injury he was GREAT, I just think the injury changed him.
It happens. We’ll see moving forward, but I think his days as a consistently elite pass rusher are over.

I don't know how much the injury changed him or signing that fat contact changed him, either way he is not playing up to his contract and needs to go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He seems like a great person, and I like him. If they can redo his deal and keep him as a rotational guy I'm good with it. But at that money they won't keep him unless something changes dramatically.

I'm hoping it does, and his ability rekindles itself.

Yeah if he doesn't get to a level of play that is acceptable he will be gone and some team that plays a 4-3 will give him a strong look. No way they would keep him around in this particular defense unless he gets the job done, even at a discount, because you can easily fill that depth role with a young kid who possesses upside instead of downside.

He did some good things vs Seattle, so I'm hoping he's on the upswing. That sure would be huge for this team's chances moving forward.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think Quinn is just about done. Ejuan Price and Samson Ebukam should step in next year (or this year, if Quinn gets injured again).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah if he doesn't get to a level of play that is acceptable he will be gone and some team that plays a 4-3 will give him a strong look. No way they would keep him around in this particular defense unless he gets the job done, even at a discount, because you can easily fill that depth role with a young kid who possesses upside instead of downside.

He did some good things vs Seattle, so I'm hoping he's on the upswing. That sure would be huge for this team's chances moving forward.

Well if they can trade him Snead will do that assuming he doesn't pick himself back up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if they can trade him Snead will do that assuming he doesn't pick himself back up.

Yep and no doubt they're going to give him every opportunity to get 'er done in this scheme first, since a talent like Quinn can make you look stupid if you flip him too early. I assume he's going to get the rest of the season for example, and that's because he has shown on the field that he's capable of playing at an elite level.

Some of the others are on a tighter leash I think. Tavon really needs to show his value here real soon I think. Although then again I've been saying that and saying it and been proved wrong to date. But I still have to think they're running out of patience with that dude. Barron & AO have looked better week to week, at this point I just hope that continues but yeah if not then they're in that mix too.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If somebody signed him to be a 4-3 defensive end I think it would be on a veteran minimum prove-it contract at this point.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Its entirely possible Quinn just isn't the same player anymore. Dontari Poe looked poised to be one of the defensive stalwarts of the Chiefs and one of the best NTs in the league.

Now after a couple of back and ankle injuries he's not even on his original team, a complete afterthought on his new team at the age of 27.

Back injuries are no joke, Quinn may have been robbed of the spectacular career he seemed destined for like Poe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I work with a guy who was was friends with Quinn at school, and they talk fairly consistently.
I'm told that his back has never been the same since he jacked it up in 2015. Constantly in pain.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I work with a guy who was was friends with Quinn at school, and they talk fairly consistently.
I'm told that his back has never been the same since he jacked it up in 2015. Constantly in pain.
He rarely smiles anymore.
The dude is very rich so I imagine he still enjoys playing.
He's just not able to play at the level that he used to.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron