I no longer believe anything Fisher says

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everybody furious with fisher for trading a guy who was robbing us blind and didn't want to restructure up until his second as a ram lol

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I didnt believe Fisher long before today......

Damn right.

Tim Walton
Finnegan
Davis as starter
Hill as starter
Schotty
Bradford

And that's just off the top of my head! I'm sure I'm missing some.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The deal had been discussed for weeks they say. Not sure about the timing of when Fisher last professed his love for Sam.

As far as trading as retirubution for not reducing salary, MMQB says that was not the case.

Kelly went hard after Bradford and they had been talking about a trade for weeks.

As far as Fisher telling the truth? Think The Godfather. :)

I'm more concerned about his indecision at times. Like the Davis/Hill mess this year.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Just part of the game, I take anything any coach or team representative witha grain of salt, especially this tiem of year!

jap

Legend
I don't know if they had any intentions to trade Bradford initially, but after what the Eagles gave up, there's no way you DON'T trade Bradford in that situation unless you're very low on Foles.

It's business, after all, and everything remains fluid. Fish probably meant everything he said, but if an option comes along to grab a decent QB while gaining major cap relief, what's a Fish gonna do? As BonifayRam has been pointing out repeatedly, the Rams have several key players who have contract years coming up. They were going to have to purge major salary cap players sooner or later.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want my coach telling the fans anything of substance. It's common sense - if we know then our opponents will too - WHY on EARTH would YOU want that????

jap

Legend
I firmly believe that if Bradford restructured his contract he would still be here. His choice not to do that prompted the Rams to seek other options. As much as we all like Bradford, we can all pretty much agree he was not worth the price this season. I think he deserves some blame into how this played out. And I don't really understand why people even believe what coaches say anyway for the most part. Coaches aren't going to come out and say that they're trying to get rid of anyone. That wouldn't sit well with players. I'm sure Bradford was aware they were trying to trade him even though us fans weren't. I don't see the big deal.

Even Sam played ball with the Horns, if someone comes out of the blue with a crazy trade proposal that is beneficial in so many ways to the Rams, sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. There are a number of core Rams who have contract years approaching and you need money to hold the guys you wanna keep.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If you're going to sit down at the card table with Fisher... you had better bring more cash than normal.

That's what I've learned while watching Fish & Co work their magic.

Well played.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on, he didn't rob us blind
He got injured 2x while trying to win games for us
And I was okay with that. I was a Bradford supporter. But when we came to him for a restructure, he decided that the money was more important and that's a big reason to why he is gone

Sum1

Hall of Fame
After Fisher's first season I was steadfast in that Fisher gave me no reason not to trust him when he makes statements...such as, "Rodger Saffold is a left tackle." Then the Rams signed Jake Long...I was told, and believed, that it was simply that Jake Long was available and it upgraded the line. That was the first of a handful of instances...the trade of Bradford was now gotten me to the point that when I hear or read Fisher quotes they no longer mean anything.

I'm not mad about it...I just won't use his words as reason to believe anything.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The sense of entitlement from fans these days is ridiculous.

The coach's job is to build a team the best way possible. Do we all want to know what's going on? Sure. But BSing to maintain 'order' is part of the job.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The sense of entitlement from fans these days is ridiculous.

The coach's job is to build a team the best way possible. Do we all want to know what's going on? Sure. But BSing to maintain 'order' is part of the job.
I don't think it's entitlement, rather just that it's been so long since we've had a coach who wasn't an idiot who had a shit poker face and laid his hand face up for everyone to see that we've forgotten what a good coach looks like.

We're so used to guys like Linehan and Spags getting beat like a drum or having the wool pulled over their eyes making it up by pretending they don't have any secrets. Somebody actually having a good poker face is a new concept to a lot of people.

FrankenRam

Starter
Does this effect Fisher's standing with players?

It might with some of the not too swift ones. The smarter ones will realize exactly what transpired.......Fish stood up for 'his guy' as long as his guy was his guy.

But situations change.......daily, sometimes more often. And the situation last month when Fish supposedly sought Bradford's input on hiring of OC and QB Coach is not the same situation that exists today. Whether that's because Bradford's contract discussions were not going well or just because the Iggles 'made them an offer they couldn't refuse'....who knows.

I don't know why anyone would find fault in Fisher's actions. IMO, he acted/said exactly what I would hope a good coach would say/do. I'd find it odd that anyone would hold Fisher to what he said a month ago when the situation has changed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Recipe for a trade in your favor:

Step 1... Let it be known you are trying to redo the contract.

Step 2... Sell everyone on how important that player is to your franchise and goals.

Step 3... Ensure your organization is tightly sealed and remains so as teams and media try to gauge whether you mean what you are selling.

Step 4... Stand your ground and make those interested pry the player from your grasp.

Snead and Fish just put on an organizational clinic.

ram007

Starter
Recipe for a trade in your favor:

Step 1... Let it be known you are trying to redo the contract.

Step 2... Sell everyone on how important that player is to your franchise and goals.

Step 3... Ensure your organization is tightly sealed and remains so as teams and media try to gauge whether you mean what you are selling.

Step 4... Stand your ground and make those interested pry the player from your grasp.

Snead and Fish just put on an organizational clinic.

What are steps from Fisher to win?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What are steps from Fisher to win?

Step 1... Have top defense from game one on.

Step 2... Have starting QB available entire season.

This team is closer to winning now, imo.