I Miss People

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Even DCH, who still comes around with his new team logo makes me sad for the days when he was a raging Rams fan. Somethings can't be helped I guess and there is no going backwards, except remembering how it used to be...
Helloooooooooo.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
After SB36 how does a Rams fan become a Patriots fan?
Living in Boston for thirteen years, having the Rams leave St. Louis behind with a trail of smoldering bridge parts and raised middle fingers and being unable to be a fan of a team to which I have no geographical connection.

Hometown over helmet, and when hometown doesn't have a team, adopted hometown will have to do in a pinch. If I had moved to Nashville twelve years ago, I'd be a Titans fan now, but I didn't.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Living in Boston for thirteen years, having the Rams leave St. Louis behind with a trail of smoldering bridge parts and raised middle fingers and being unable to be a fan of a team to which I have no geographical connection.

Hometown over helmet, and when hometown doesn't have a team, adopted hometown will have to do in a pinch. If I had moved to Nashville twelve years ago, I'd be a Titans fan now, but I didn't.

Thank you.(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I sort of did too, with the exception of 1995. I was busy with work and pizzed at the NFL and the Rams. I lived in Portland, OR at the time and couldn't watch them anyway (out of market) and only had freakin AFC Seachicken games on TV. I couldn't be a fan of any team but the Rams, and so I started watching again in '96 or so. I really wasn't going for the merits of the move in the post, I just regret the bitterness the whole thing brought out.

So did I. We used to watch the games at a sports bar in Tigard. They reserved a section near one of their screens for a small group of us lost souls. We used to go up to Seattle for the Rams games. I got to watch them play the shechickens at Husky stadium before they fouled our conference.

Anyway - I feel yuh.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So did I. We used to watch the games at a sports bar in Tigard. They reserved a section near one of their screens for a small group of us lost souls. We used to go up to Seattle for the Rams games. I got to watch them play the shechickens at Husky stadium before they fouled our conference.

Anyway - I feel yuh.
I lived in Milwaukie back then and drove for Greyhound, which meant I wasn't home that much! Lived my off hours "on call" as a junior driver, so it wasn't that convenient to drink too much and rarely went to bars. Pretty much, I had to content myself with ESPN, early internet, and the freakin' Oregonian (paper sucked).

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been a Rams fan since the mid-60's.

Never lived in or really near LA or STL but still loved the team.

I can say, after attending a few games in STL that they were/are some of the best fans I've ever met.

So, I can understand if some are heart broken and have decided to leave the board.

I cannot and will not get behind Kroenke. I know it's not a smart idea to knock the owner on the board but I'm stating my opinion.

He's in this solely for the money IMO.

Of course, I'll root for the Rams... but I have a very low opinion of Stan Kroenke.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PT said:
I can say, after attending a few games in STL that Prime Time is the best fan I've ever met.

Yeah... I guess he's was OK... but that guy with that weird accent? Now, THAT'S a fan!! :LOL:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm a little more than shocked at the utter bull shit that came from @Rynie 's fingertips. That fucked up.

As a St.Louis fan...not from St.Louis, but I live in the metropolitan area....I felt 100% fucked over. I was completely helpless. It was like watching a friend die, knowing you couldn't do anything to save them. It hurt my guy. To this day I'm not over it, I've accepted it, but I'm nowhere near over it. Luckily St.Louis is a shit hole that I don't care about and I'm able to separate city from team. But that isn't the point. One of the reason it has left such a bad taste in our mouths is that people like you say simple shit like that and throw out erroneous facts like "originally from LA", every Rams fan out there knows it's Cleveland. You don't know the teams history, but you have opinion? But, that's fine, it won't change, you won't change and neither will half the people who still say "get over it".

The same people that were not close to the situation at all throw out bull shit "facts" and feel it's okay to continuously down on us as a whole.

Many posters on this board are newer and it at times makes my head spin. I mean "Where the Fuck is @CodeMonkey? We lost him...he was a fucking fantastic poster. Where the hell is @RamzFanz? This board, and others, has lost some of its magic. The move came between us and it will never be the same. And if people like @Rynie keep posting garbage like that, it will never get better because it's combative and has no place here.

The board will never be the same, but it can be as good. And to get there, we as a fan base must get rid of our borders. My hate for Kroenke is the same as many people's hate for Georgia. But we all still love the horns.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm a little more than shocked at the utter bull crap that came from @Rynie 's fingertips. That freaked up.

He probably doesn't know how everything unfolded. Otherwise he wouldn't have said what he said, even he would know better if he had watched it play out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a little more than shocked at the utter bull crap that came from @Rynie 's fingertips. That freaked up.

As a St.Louis fan...not from St.Louis, but I live in the metropolitan area....I felt 100% freaked over. I was completely helpless. It was like watching a friend die, knowing you couldn't do anything to save them. It hurt my guy. To this day I'm not over it, I've accepted it, but I'm nowhere near over it. Luckily St.Louis is a crap hole that I don't care about and I'm able to separate city from team. But that isn't the point. One of the reason it has left such a bad taste in our mouths is that people like you say simple crap like that and throw out erroneous facts like "originally from LA", every Rams fan out there knows it's Cleveland. You don't know the teams history, but you have opinion? But, that's fine, it won't change, you won't change and neither will half the people who still say "get over it".

The same people that were not close to the situation at all throw out bull crap "facts" and feel it's okay to continuously down on us as a whole.

Many posters on this board are newer and it at times makes my head spin. I mean "Where the freak is @CodeMonkey? We lost him...he was a freaking fantastic poster. Where the hell is @RamzFanz? This board, and others, has lost some of its magic. The move came between us and it will never be the same. And if people like @Rynie keep posting garbage like that, it will never get better because it's combative and has no place here.

The board will never be the same, but it can be as good. And to get there, we as a fan base must get rid of our borders. My hate for Kroenke is the same as many people's hate for Georgia. But we all still love the horns.
If you think about it though Juggs - Rynie is a cowgurlz fan so that pretty much says it all. Maybe he should get a pass because it's obvious he ain't all there nor right in the head.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Been a Rams fan since the mid-60's.

Never lived in or really near LA or STL but still loved the team.

I can say, after attending a few games in STL that they were/are some of the best fans I've ever met.

So, I can understand if some are heart broken and have decided to leave the board.

I cannot and will not get behind Kroenke. I know it's not a smart idea to knock the owner on the board but I'm stating my opinion.

He's in this solely for the money IMO.

Of course, I'll root for the Rams... but I have a very low opinion of Stan Kroenke.
And the way I look at it is that you just used a perfectly good way to express your opinion of what happened. No one here has ever said you had to love the owner of the team and it is obvious by what you wrote that you do not. But you made that clear without crossing any lines. Cheers.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
As an Englishman, the idea of team's even being able to move cities is alien. Its only happened once here as far as I know (Wimbledon leaving London to move to Milton Keynes to become the MK Dons - I'm talking soccer by the way) and everyone except MK Dons fans hate that team for that reason - plus Milton Keynes is the drabbest, most soul-less place in the country.

Being a fan of a team is a part of you. It becomes a part of your identity and it provides a means of escape from your day to day life. So to have that taken away from you must be gut wrenching. I can only sympathise with anyone who has experienced that. Whether those people continue to follow that team or give up on the sport altogether is a very personal thing and I wouldn't criticise them for that.

The biggest thing I miss from the St Louis days is the Rams Addiction podcast. Those fellas put together a very professional, informative and entertaining podcast that I always looked forward to. Such a shame but I completely get why they felt they couldn't continue.